Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

rx8 huh?

Old 01-14-2003, 01:42 PM
nip it in the bud

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
_burn_ is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb rx8 huh?

i read today that the new rx-8 thats comin out is gonna be n/a and have the same power output as the old twin-t ones due to relocated intake and exauhst ports and larger ports. so whats the deal on this car...? yay or ney?
Old 01-14-2003, 01:52 PM
Atheist.

Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker

Welcome to last year.

And my vote is YAY!
Old 01-14-2003, 01:55 PM
nip it in the bud

_burn_ is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Skywalker
Welcome to last year.

And my vote is YAY!
haha i know im late but o well.
Old 01-14-2003, 02:11 PM
Registered Member

JS4KIKZ is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd say yay, but give it a few more years. Let them build up on what they just made.
Old 01-14-2003, 02:21 PM
Former 757'er

Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous

Originally posted by JS4KIKZ
I'd say yay, but give it a few more years. Let them build up on what they just made.
The intake ports are in the same spot, but the exhaust ports are moved. They're also more or les the same size.
The RENESIS can achieve more power from the relocated exhaust ports since it eliminates all the overlap from the "old" style of rotary.
Some people say a turbo won't react a well though since the exhaust gases have to make two 90 degree turns to get out of the engine instead of blasting straight out.
There's already talk of a turbo version to come out in 2004-2005. The main factor being how well the RX-8 is accepted when it's unveiled.
Old 01-14-2003, 02:25 PM
Just a 1.3 Liter

GreyGT-C is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by FastX7
eliminates all the overlap from the "old" style of rotary.
Some people say a turbo won't react a well though since the exhaust gases have to make two 90 degree turns to get out of .

I'm thinking it will react EXTREMELY well to turbos due to it having no overlap.... Overlap causes lots of powerloss in the *old* rotary engines when turboed.

As far as the 90* bends......who cares......the exhaust mani on a FD is a fuckin maze of bends and trap doors. If it can get out effectively on that thing......side exit ports shouldn't be a problem (IMO)
Old 01-14-2003, 02:25 PM
Atheist.

Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker

Originally posted by FastX7
Some people say a turbo won't react a well though since the exhaust gases have to make two 90 degree turns to get out of the engine instead of blasting straight out.
That's what custom pipes are for. Glad I didn't go through the trouble of trying to gut my pre-cats. I'm just going to replace them w/ downpipes that do away w/ the 90 degree bends.
Old 01-14-2003, 02:26 PM
Just a 1.3 Liter

GreyGT-C is an unknown quantity at this point

He wasn't referring to the exhaust manifold....he's talking about the internal exhuast ports.
Old 01-14-2003, 02:30 PM
Atheist.

Originally posted by GreyGT-C
He wasn't referring to the exhaust manifold....he's talking about the internal exhuast ports.
oh, my bad.
Old 01-14-2003, 02:32 PM
INCONCEIVABLE!

MeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to all

so any release date or price one it, i really like and quite possibly will try and get it when it comes out. But i really dont like those rear doors, id have them welded shut or something.

Quick Reply: rx8 huh?