Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

crashed

Old 01-04-2010, 05:45 PM
ig oggggg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yanko 15 yanko 15 yanko 15 yanko 15 yanko 15 yanko 15 yanko 15 yanko 15 yanko 15 yanko 15 yanko 15
Default Re: crashed

hmmmm
i still got a bit to do before i get to that point

ive been reading up on the DIY method.....it seems a bit complicated for me right now
Old 01-04-2010, 05:53 PM
FUCKIN MAGNETS

shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22

Eh, its pretty easy actually. There's a really nice write up on either corral or cornercarvers
Old 01-04-2010, 05:57 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

how are they doing it??

r
Old 01-04-2010, 06:07 PM
FUCKIN MAGNETS

shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22

The DIY fender mod?
Old 01-04-2010, 06:14 PM
Registered Member

Blown_xa has disabled reputation

looks like the mustang may be more tricky to do, but you can definately modify the factory fenders a good amount with some time and patience. What size tires are under the fenders now? We were able to squeeze 285's under the front fenders of our tC after I spent some time on them. http://www.progressauto.com/view.jus...0.CIMG2526.JPG

I basically cut slits in the fenders vertically from the wheel opening, metal worked then welded the cuts, more metal working, and some body work. After it was done it looked great! went from 255's to 285's! Took a long time though!
Old 01-04-2010, 06:18 PM
FUCKIN MAGNETS

Yeah alot of people do that. You can fit 275's under stock foxbody fenders up front, and 315's in the rear, as long as you're careful with the offsets and wheel sizes, and with the axle lengths in the rear.

With the tiger racing flares, 335's will fit up front on a foxbody, and 335's in the rear if I install their flares.

With the DIY mod, IIRC you can fit 315's up front.

The DIY mod on foxes is basically making a horizontal cut along where the molding is on the fender, using a peice of steel or a turnbuckle and some bolts or something to push the fender out in front of the tire to get it to go wide enough to allow a wider tire to fit underneath the sheetmetal. You can do it just int he front, or in front and back.

Of course, some of the guys do the same thing you do. Most of them are the hardcore autocross dudes though. I have a set of fenders from Keinan's old yellow C-Prepared autox car in my garage that he did what you're describing too. He was running IIRC 13 or 15" wide slicks on all 4 corners.
Old 01-04-2010, 06:23 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

ok...i figure you could just cut the fender up the middle of the wheel arch...push it out with a fender roller...maybe cut a few relief cuts in it ...get it pushed out to where you want it...weld the cuts up...grind and a little mud work and then your done...

thats how i would do them...

look stock as hell...

we do that on cars we tub for drag racing...

cut out the rear arch...and extend it and you make a section of metal in the middle...

your just opening the wheel well to fit a 33inch tire and still look correct
Old 01-04-2010, 06:25 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by shawn22
Yeah alot of people do that. You can fit 275's under stock foxbody fenders up front, and 315's in the rear, as long as you're careful with the offsets and wheel sizes, and with the axle lengths in the rear.

With the tiger racing flares, 335's will fit up front on a foxbody, and 335's in the rear if I install their flares.

With the DIY mod, IIRC you can fit 315's up front.

The DIY mod on foxes is basically making a horizontal cut along where the molding is on the fender, using a peice of steel or a turnbuckle and some bolts or something to push the fender out in front of the tire to get it to go wide enough to allow a wider tire to fit underneath the sheetmetal. You can do it just int he front, or in front and back.

Of course, some of the guys do the same thing you do. Most of them are the hardcore autocross dudes though. I have a set of fenders from Keinan's old yellow C-Prepared autox car in my garage that he did what you're describing too. He was running IIRC 13 or 15" wide slicks on all 4 corners.
wow yea 335's should be good lol. Is it your track only car? I've seen some foxbodies @ VIR in the american iron series but never paid attention to their tire sizes or fender mods.
Old 01-04-2010, 06:28 PM
FUCKIN MAGNETS

Originally Posted by nftuatn
ok...i figure you could just cut the fender up the middle of the wheel arch...push it out with a fender roller...maybe cut a few relief cuts in it ...get it pushed out to where you want it...weld the cuts up...grind and a little mud work and then your done...

thats how i would do them...

look stock as hell...

we do that on cars we tub for drag racing...

cut out the rear arch...and extend it and you make a section of metal in the middle...

your just opening the wheel well to fit a 33inch tire and still look correct
Yeah, alot of guys do it that way. The ways I posted are for people who dont know how to weld, or dont want to do any paint work. The rears really arent a problem for anyone but the AIX cars or hardcore autocrossers, and the fronts will easily fit the tire that you need with the easy DIY mod.

Originally Posted by Blown_xa
wow yea 335's should be good lol. Is it your track only car? I've seen some foxbodies @ VIR in the american iron series but never paid attention to their tire sizes or fender mods.
Not yet. I mean, I dont really drive it much to be honest, and eventually it will be my track only car, but for now its just my toy/project/backup daily driver. I've only been to VIR the one time that I wrecked it, but I plan on hitting VIR up a couple times this year, as well as the HPDE at the new track in NC (NCCAR) in April.
Old 01-04-2010, 06:34 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by shawn22
Yeah, alot of guys do it that way. The ways I posted are for people who dont know how to weld, or dont want to do any paint work. The rears really arent a problem for anyone but the AIX cars or hardcore autocrossers, and the fronts will easily fit the tire that you need with the easy DIY mod.

Not yet. I mean, I dont really drive it much to be honest, and eventually it will be my track only car, but for now its just my toy/project/backup daily driver. I've only been to VIR the one time that I wrecked it, but I plan on hitting VIR up a couple times this year, as well as the HPDE at the new track in NC (NCCAR) in April.
sweet. Yea i may do the new track as well, looks nice. Those uphill s's at vir can be uneasy without aero especially on a powerful car. I've seen worse wrecks though there so you were lucky. I fixed one Viper once that went off there, it was just cosmetic but the damage was almost $30k if I remember correctly. Those Viper body parts are not cheap. I saw a Vette go off there once and it was definaltely done... it was a new one too.

Quick Reply: crashed