Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

WORST INSTALL THREAD.

Old 10-15-2007, 09:42 PM
face is vanilla

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face
Default Re: WORST INSTALL THREAD.

Originally Posted by shy_guy98ex
One night we were going to put neons in my friend's scion...... He wanted to. We surveyed it, thought it would be easy and went out to pick up the beer. Got a little twisted and ended up taking us 14hrs, I think someone passed out drunk with wire cutters in their hands in one of the car seats.

CRX lowering spring install, snapped a prominent bolt. Took about 18hrs to get it replaced.

My strutbar on the s2000..... 1 1/2hrs of hell. It's a four point anchor, and was difficult to get it to fit right.
neons in a scion is a 1-2 hour job. I Dynomated mine, the whole thing. It took 2 days, and the aluminum cut my hands to pieces
Old 10-16-2007, 02:13 AM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

helping my buddy put the new built motor in the 92 iroc, i was underneath guiding the tranny in, and somehow or another the shit slipped and fell on my chest when trying to get the tranny mount lined up. that hurt.

i have to many storys installing honda shit i cant even begin to remember what they were.
Old 10-16-2007, 02:36 AM
Fidel runs VBPD

The_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud of

My first head gasket on the supra, probly took me three hours to get the damn intake piping and wiring disconected and i still ripped the top half off of the knock sensor. It was a Toyota only part($160)
Old 10-16-2007, 07:21 AM
SHIPRIDER

Vwgtimk3 has disabled reputation

i was doing an oil change on my x girlfriends moms civic dx.Was trying to take the oil filter out and sliped and cut my finger on the exhaust heat shield.
Old 10-16-2007, 07:29 AM
boom tick boom tick

Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum

Originally Posted by Some_Day
WRX Up-pipe or spark plugs. Both were a bitch.
yeah, getting those heat shields off suck.
Old 10-16-2007, 07:36 AM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

I sneezed once while under the car and hit my forehead on the tow hook. Damn that fucking hurt.
Old 10-16-2007, 08:16 AM
Banned

Gompers is an unknown quantity at this point

I finally got my god damned strut out of my car with the intention of putting some new springs on it. I had 4 hours till I had to get ready for work, so time was of the essence.
I was in the process of getting the top nut off when I realized....SPRING = compression = danger when released.
So, I grabbed my chemistry book, shielded the face, and used my feet and one arm to turn the nut.
In one fell swoop the top assembly blew off into the street and yard while a 8 pound spring launched into the air....right into the side of my neighbor's golf.

About 10 min later I decided to come out of the bushes and see the damage. Had to go get a new nut (couldnt find it) and just have a friend do the rest of the shocks. (golf owner must've been pissed later, but I didnt bother checkin up on it)
Old 10-16-2007, 08:47 AM
Uno Mas

p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone

Originally Posted by Gompers
golf owner must've been pissed later, but I didnt bother checkin up on it)
That's pretty fucked up.
Old 10-16-2007, 02:01 PM
Logic is my religion

R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld

Originally Posted by Kurazy Kracka
hahahahaha
I see your familiar lol, im about to get on the MR2 rollercoaster all over again here in a few months.
Old 10-16-2007, 02:23 PM
Go fuck yourself

nothing. nothing. nothing. nothing. nothing. nothing. nothing. nothing. nothing. nothing. nothing.

When a trans from a ranger fell out onto my chest. Not fucking fun.

Oh, and shawns fucking SRT-4 heat shield.

Quick Reply: WORST INSTALL THREAD.