Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

WORST INSTALL THREAD.

Old 10-15-2007, 07:16 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
757 BMW 525i is on a distinguished road
Default WORST INSTALL THREAD.

I was putting on a catback and header with a friend and in the process of getting the old exhaust to drop by pushing off the factory rubber hangers my hand slipped and punched the heat shield around the pipes, lacerated my thumb to the point i had to get 8 stitches with huge knots.
( i had just removed the gloves off my hands cause they were sweating alot )
post your worst case.

Last edited by 757 BMW 525i; 10-15-2007 at 07:22 AM.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:23 AM
Taking the shot

QwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these parts
Default Re: WORST INSTALL THREAD.

Originally Posted by 757JDMCB7KID
I was putting on a catback and header with a friend and in the process of getting the out exhaust to drop by pushing off the factory rubber hangers my hand slipped and lacerated my thumb to the point i had to get 8 stitches with huge knots.
( i had just removed the gloves off my hands cause they were sweating alot )
post your worst case.

I was putting new springs on my car with Brock(XCELR8) and Ashley(MAD_DOHC) and some stuck their tounge in my ear and a finger in my butt. I don't know if that was a bad install or not, i guess it depended on who's point of view your looking at it at.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:25 AM
Registered Member

from my point of view the only question i can ask is.... what are you a faggot?
Old 10-15-2007, 07:36 AM
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

Not really an install thread, but I was at VIR in 2004 for Viperdays. I was changing my RF brake rotor and was in a hurry to torque down my caliper bolts. My dumbass wasn't paying attention and pushed the wrench on the brake hose fitting on the caliper. Well... it snapped. Car was not drivable. A generic hose wouldn't work and nobody had spares. Ruined the day... luckily my parents were at the track hanging out and had/have a '99 vert at home in Greensboro. We drove down to the house, stole the stock line off that car and came back early the next AM to install it. That sucked.

*No dealerships had any in stock in the entire state
Old 10-15-2007, 07:47 AM
#XV

El Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to behold

Why, you trying to score?
Old 10-15-2007, 07:55 AM
Taking the shot

QwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these parts

hells ya, you seem like you might be kinda fun in the sack A/S/L? I'm a little rough but you'll get use to it i like the fiesty
Old 10-15-2007, 11:54 AM
Bro'd Out

Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito

3 oil pan gaskets later and i finally got the fucking oil pan gasket replaced on my car. thanks to two wrong torque specs for them. when i was picking up the 3rd i asked the acura tech what he used and he told me the right one. fucking hanes manuel told me something ridiculous. i've changed the shit so many fucking times on this car it's ridiculous. and it's such a pain the ass laying underneath, dropping the header etc etcetc.
Old 10-15-2007, 01:43 PM
Registered member

catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh

lt1---spark plug change

enough said
Old 10-15-2007, 01:51 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by blaxican25
Why, you trying to score?

naw, you and sanchez can move along i have a chick... but anyways continue thread....
Old 10-15-2007, 04:49 PM
Registered member

.eric. .eric. .eric. .eric. .eric. .eric. .eric. .eric. .eric. .eric. .eric.

Summer 2002....

D16A1 (from a 89 Integra) into a 87 CRX. Supposedly an easy swap, but almost every fucking bolt was seized and rounded off on both cars, and it was like stuffing 10 lbs of shit into a 5 lb bag.

Quick Reply: WORST INSTALL THREAD.