Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

WORST INSTALL THREAD.

Old 10-15-2007, 08:18 PM
I Love to Hate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well
Default Re: WORST INSTALL THREAD.

Originally Posted by SHUT UP
my 2 toe.
lol a little.

First strut install. Installed the fronts, relatively painless. took a while. got the ride height adjusted. moved to the rears. could not get the strut->lca bolt to break loose so I grabbed the longer ratchet and snapo! Cut my knuckles all up. At this point i had a shock hangin by half a bolt i needed new lca's. ahh the memories.
Old 10-15-2007, 08:21 PM
Logic is my religion

R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld

Mark 2 mr2, the hose in question is called the "hose from hell", and trust me it is that!
Old 10-15-2007, 08:24 PM
Registered Member

zo4000 zo4000 zo4000 zo4000 zo4000 zo4000 zo4000

i was installing my system wires into my TL at 10pm outside in the cold and the i had to remove some of the shielding around the end of the power wire to fit it into my new fuse box, none the less the razor blade i was using ended up taking a chunk off my finger
, i bled so much i got dizzy.
Old 10-15-2007, 08:29 PM
Registered member

BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake

On the Mr2 i finally had everthing ready to go back together and was anxious to finish the car. If you didn't kow, the manifold,turbo, and downpipe all drop in as 1 piece so its heavy as shit and cramped. I get everything together and am excited to finally have it back up. Start her up, HUGE exhaust leak. turn off, check the system and all, everything is fine. Then i look over to see i forgot to put on the manifold gasket. took a hefty swing at the side of my house and my knuckles were swollen twice their size for about a month. had to take it all back out to put the fucking gasket in.
Old 10-15-2007, 08:30 PM
Registered member

BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake

Originally Posted by benflagg
Mark 2 mr2, the hose in question is called the "hose from hell", and trust me it is that!
hahahahaha
Old 10-15-2007, 08:37 PM
Dickbutt #peentip

Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin

I'm sure if I added in all the times a bolt let go and the back of my hand hit something, there's be something to add here. Especially when it's cold outside.
Old 10-15-2007, 08:43 PM
Shooting 63's

idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda

Ahhh, the memories.

Putting the turbo kit on my 4 door, at Pete's house at 130am in the morning.

Was trimming up the front bumper for the intercooler piping, was done with everything, just needed a LITTLE piece taken off.

Razor blade + 2 inch cut across my nail, over the top, and down the back end of my thumb = 10 stitches.

But you can guarantee those 10 stitches came 6 hours later, after finishing everything up, running it for a while, and running open downpipe all the way through the Virginia Beach Courthouses and city.

It was worth it.
Old 10-15-2007, 08:47 PM
AKA: SHY_GUY

S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy

One night we were going to put neons in my friend's scion...... He wanted to. We surveyed it, thought it would be easy and went out to pick up the beer. Got a little twisted and ended up taking us 14hrs, I think someone passed out drunk with wire cutters in their hands in one of the car seats.

CRX lowering spring install, snapped a prominent bolt. Took about 18hrs to get it replaced.

My strutbar on the s2000..... 1 1/2hrs of hell. It's a four point anchor, and was difficult to get it to fit right.
Old 10-15-2007, 08:55 PM
for alarms/rmt-strts

EH3_SOHC has disabled reputation

first aftermarket fuel rail install on an 89 mr2, didnt know i had to use new grommets and ummmmmm i was right over the motor and told my friend to turn the car on and off........yea gasoline in the eyes does NOT feel good at all
Old 10-15-2007, 09:34 PM
Captain night owl

vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger

my car slipped off jack while my friend was under it puttin on my shiny new header

Quick Reply: WORST INSTALL THREAD.