Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Voice your support --- No Front Plate

Old 01-12-2012, 09:07 AM
WEEEEEEEEEEE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT
Default Re: Voice your support --- No Front Plate

Originally Posted by SMOKEYBEAR
The front plate gets left behind at the scene of many hit and run crashes. It's great evidence in hit and run cases. I've used it in quite a few hit and run investigations. Other times, the front plate will leave it's impression in other plastic bumper covers, another good bit of evidence in hit and run investigations. It happens more often than you'd think...
hrmm, that is pretty interesting, good to know! had no idea.
Old 01-12-2012, 09:10 AM
S a D u B

JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW

Fuck a front tag. I never put them on my vettes, nor do I think they should be on the front of any sports car.

There really is no proven advantage to a front tag requirement. ( I stand corrected, so besides what smokey said, there is no advantage)
Old 01-12-2012, 09:14 AM
C.R.E.A.M

DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM

Originally Posted by TATTRAT
yeah, we had a guy in our lil MINI club refuse to take possession of his new JCW. . .he had specifically said that he wouldn't take it if they drilled into it, and they did, lol. Ended up getting resolved, but it was still stupid/silly/funny all at the same time.

The platypus mount is what I would use too.
This happened to me ..I told them no holes on the front bumper, have parts of whoever find me a bracket..Got it resolved

I'll never let a dealer "prep" a new car except for them filling it up with gas.

And on a vette id never run a front plate..id rather pay the fines, then drill holes in the front bumper
Old 01-12-2012, 09:20 AM
supermoto or bust

Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones

Originally Posted by GB Vette
You're right, I probably don't need the .1%

I just really don't care for the front plate on any newer car.

Holy crap, Gary how have you been? Good to see you still have this thing!
Old 01-12-2012, 09:26 AM
VA

travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd

Gary,
Already sent a few emails off yesterday. Hope your doing well!
Old 01-12-2012, 10:17 AM
NAZI mod

BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER

CAN WE GET RID OF THE LAW WHERE WE CANT HAVE UNDERGLOW I WANT TO LIGHT UP MY HONDA ON THE STREETS
Old 01-12-2012, 10:52 AM
Fitty Tuckin

-JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB-

Originally Posted by SMOKEYBEAR
The front plate gets left behind at the scene of many hit and run crashes. It's great evidence in hit and run cases. I've used it in quite a few hit and run investigations. Other times, the front plate will leave it's impression in other plastic bumper covers, another good bit of evidence in hit and run investigations. It happens more often than you'd think...
Well in that case, FRONT PLAYS FUCK YA. Unless it's a sports car that doesn't have a place for it like a Vette.
Old 01-12-2012, 10:53 AM
Shooting 63's

idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda

Originally Posted by DonkeyPunch
CAN WE GET RID OF THE LAW WHERE WE CANT HAVE UNDERGLOW I WANT TO LIGHT UP MY HONDA ON THE STREETS
Geebus,

Last time I was in Myrtle Beach for a golf tournament, while I was headed from the golf course to sushi for dinner, I saw at LEAST six cars with underglow.

I thought that shit went out after F&F #1.
Old 01-12-2012, 12:54 PM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

some trolls die hard. they are keeping the dream alive, ha
Old 01-12-2012, 12:59 PM
Banned

White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil

I want women to be forced to have 'Giners hanging from their back bumper/trailer hitches, just so I can avoid their driving. I also should have the right to flash my balls off my own hitch, AND be allowed to post up a sign on my doors that says All Fucking Hondah Faggots Suck Long Hairy Man Meat.

I think radar detectors should be legal. Not like half of those things work anyway... especially when tagged from the side. Its a source of revenue that helps deter out-of-staters. Hmmm... waitaminit... some of them drive worse than us.....

Dash-cams should also be legal FOR EVERYONE. If Officer Barbradey busts a vein in his neck screaming at me because I was going 2MPH over the limit in a school zone, then I should be able to humiliate his stupid ass on YouSuck (AND reward good officer behavior in kind!).

Exhaust noise. FUCK Harley Davidson. If they can get away with rattling grandmas windows at 4-fucking-o-clock then I should be able to.

And spinners. I like freaking out straights if Im at a dead stop and have dat jank spinning BACKWARDS. If I can get all four to spin in different directions, it would blow a yuppies mind.

EDIT: One last request. If ricer wannabe faggots can haz Halogens aimed high at my rear-view mirror, I want REAR-FUCKING-FACING-HALOGENS AIMED AT THEIR GODDAMN FACE. LETS SEE WHO GETS KNOCKED OFF THE ROAD FIRST!!!!

Quick Reply: Voice your support --- No Front Plate