Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Voice your support --- No Front Plate

Old 01-12-2012, 05:49 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GB Vette GB Vette GB Vette GB Vette GB Vette GB Vette GB Vette GB Vette GB Vette GB Vette GB Vette
Lightbulb Voice your support --- No Front Plate

Ok Folks,

This got started on some of the other forums...

Senator Locke has introduced a bill on behalf of Virginia car enthusiasts, so if you want to help get this bill passed YOU NEED TO GET INVOLVED NOW!!!!!!!!!

Senate Bill 27 (http://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/legp...e?121+sum+SB27)

Below is a link to the Senators to contact that will discuss this bill first:

http://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/legp604.exe?121+com+S11
Just click on their names and you can see their e-mail and phone number

By all means contact your Senator and feel free to use any and all of the below statement to e-mail them as well

This was found on-line and has been tweaked some:

Dear Honorable Virginia Legislator,

I request you vote to revoke the current law requiring the display of a front license plate on passenger vehicles by approving Senate Bill 27 (http://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/legp...e?121+sum+SB27) when it comes before you.
I support keeping the current licensing fee structure and would like to discuss the significant benefits to not requiring front license plates. The reasons are briefly summarized in the paragraphs below:

First, eliminating the need for a front license plate will significantly reduce the state costs associated with production, storage, and shipping. The $1,000,000+ saved can be used to help balance the State budget or earmark it for road maintenance.

Second; a front license plate restricts the performance of some passenger vehicles. Modern cars are no longer being designed with front plates in mind. Installing the mounting brackets that are necessary to hold the plates interfere with the cars' aerodynamics, engine cooling efficiency, often get damaged during the car-washing process and also cause a devaluation of Collector’s Edition or other such Limited Edition vehicles when required to drill or otherwise modify the front bumper.

Third, unnecessary damage is sustained from minor bumper-to-bumper collisions, because the front mounting brackets on passenger cars can cause cracks and abrasions to the rear bumpers of the cars that they hit as well as rendering the license plate unreadable.

Finally, police officers will be more productive in stopping dangerous motor vehicle violations such as drunk driving, reckless driving, speeding, racing, etc., since their time will not be compromised by a Virginia motorist who simply did not have a front license plate on display.

Some Law enforcement officials are opposed to a measure abolishing the front license plate requirement, as they believe that losing the extra plate will make it more difficult for them to do their jobs in the best possible manner. However, in the 19 or more states that have abolished the front license plate requirement, there is no evidence of a decline in public safety as a result of the plate removal.

I urge you, the law making officials, to remove the two plate requirement. If after say 5 years, statistics show the front plate removal significantly hinders Law enforcement, the law can be changed back to require a front plate.

Lastly, We the Voters and General Public of Virginia are appreciative of the Law Enforcement Officers and Law Making Officials of this great state and will continue to support them in their endeavor to make this state a safe place to live. We hope you will vote to give 1 plate a try in these tough economic times.

Sincerely,

Last edited by GB Vette; 01-12-2012 at 07:34 AM.
Old 01-12-2012, 05:51 AM
UNCE UNCE UNCE UNCE

....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ....
Default Re: Voice your support --- No Front Plate

Wow. An actual bill in the works. that's impressive. I'll petition it even though I don't live in VA anymore.
Old 01-12-2012, 05:53 AM
Registered Member

Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy.

NO. Fuck off. Obviously you don't need the extra .1% of extra performance on the street. If you need it at the track then take it off. But that's not why you posted this. You want it so you can be trendy.
Old 01-12-2012, 05:55 AM
WEEEEEEEEEEE

TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT

the contact info page requires a username and password?
Old 01-12-2012, 05:57 AM
WEEEEEEEEEEE

TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT

Originally Posted by Cindy_Lou_Who
NO. Fuck off. Obviously you don't need the extra .1% of extra performance on the street. If you need it at the track then take it off. But that's not why you posted this. You want it so you can be trendy.
Lol, I really don't think he cares about "trendy".
Old 01-12-2012, 05:59 AM
Registered Member

Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy.

Originally Posted by TATTRAT
Lol, I really don't think he cares about "trendy".
Didn't even notice his user name had vette in it. Scratch the trendy part then. But honestly there is no realy performance gain in taking the front plate off. If it's that big of a deal at the track most of the time they are screwed on. Take it off. Then for accident most are made out of plastic now so it's going to crush and not do any realy damage.

Edit: The cars that don't come with the brakcet shouldn't have to have it. But the people driving around with the braket on the front and the plate in the windshield should.

Last edited by Dough_Boy.; 01-12-2012 at 06:03 AM.
Old 01-12-2012, 06:06 AM
UNCE UNCE UNCE UNCE

....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ....

Didn't even notice his user name had vette in it. Scratch the trendy part then. But honestly there is no realy performance gain in taking the front plate off. If it's that big of a deal at the track most of the time they are screwed on. Take it off. Then for accident most are made out of plastic now so it's going to crush and not do any realy damage.

Edit: The cars that don't come with the brakcet shouldn't have to have it. But the people driving around with the braket on the front and the plate in the windshield should.
lol aren't you just a rules whore. My S looks a lot better with no front plate. Good thing I don't have to have one anymore.
Old 01-12-2012, 06:09 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by ....AJ....
lol aren't you just a rules whore. My S looks a lot better with no front plate. Good thing I don't have to have one anymore.
There's a lot of things that should be changed about the laws in VA. A lot of them are way worse than having to have a front plate to. Suspension laws, what lights you can have, ride height, and lots more. A license plate would be last on my list to change.
Old 01-12-2012, 06:14 AM
UNCE UNCE UNCE UNCE

There's a lot of things that should be changed about the laws in VA. A lot of them are way worse than having to have a front plate to. Suspension laws, what lights you can have, ride height, and lots more. A license plate would be last on my list to change.
Agreed. I'd like to see the exhaust law go away. As long as a harley can vroom pop all over the place, I should be able to run aftermarket exhaust as well.
Old 01-12-2012, 06:16 AM
nortaP

Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded

I'm sorry but I hate the front plate thing too. It looks silly and ruins the lines of most cars.

Quick Reply: Voice your support --- No Front Plate