Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Voice your support --- No Front Plate

Old 01-12-2012, 07:40 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GB Vette GB Vette GB Vette GB Vette GB Vette GB Vette GB Vette GB Vette GB Vette GB Vette GB Vette
Default Re: Voice your support --- No Front Plate

Originally Posted by Cindy_Lou_Who
NO. Fuck off. Obviously you don't need the extra .1% of extra performance on the street. If you need it at the track then take it off. But that's not why you posted this. You want it so you can be trendy.
You're right, I probably don't need the .1%

I just really don't care for the front plate on any newer car.

Old 01-12-2012, 07:42 AM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

this is dumber than a vadriven user.

(divide by zero?)
Old 01-12-2012, 07:53 AM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

I swear to go I saw gbs vette for sale on craigslist the other day.

I also hate the plate law and will be sending an email.
Old 01-12-2012, 08:00 AM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

purpose of a front plate is to identify vehicles that are not seen from behind. duh.

first, not all drivers are criminals

identification is easy if the vehicle is parked, because you can just walk around to see the back, however not all vehicles involved in crimes are stopped.

and not all criminals drive backwards everywhere.
Old 01-12-2012, 08:03 AM
fuckin smart

Mortal_Meerkat Mortal_Meerkat Mortal_Meerkat Mortal_Meerkat Mortal_Meerkat Mortal_Meerkat Mortal_Meerkat Mortal_Meerkat Mortal_Meerkat Mortal_Meerkat Mortal_Meerkat

Originally Posted by ....AJ....
Agreed. I'd like to see the exhaust law go away. As long as a harley can vroom pop all over the place, I should be able to run aftermarket exhaust as well.
this. id be more on board with changing the exhaust or suspension laws. i dont like front plates but garagestar makes an acceptable relocation bracket for the miata front tow hooks and i dont think it looks that bad.
Old 01-12-2012, 08:24 AM
Fitty Tuckin

-JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB-

Cops are behind you reading your plates most of the time anyways. Thus making front plates an expense we don't need.
Old 01-12-2012, 08:30 AM
WEEEEEEEEEEE

TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT

If I see a car speeding down the road, and I am a LEO, I don't need to see a front plate to track that car, I would simply follow it.

If I am traveling in a lane, and a car in the oncoming lane comes speeding past, do you think there is time to mentally register what the front plate says at 60mph? Hence, I KNOW it was a Red <insert make and model>, and pursue. Like most cops report: In pursuit Red <insert make and model> East bound on blah blah blah, approaching the intersection of blah blah blah. . .where does a front plate come into play?
Old 01-12-2012, 08:33 AM
superuser

most of the time, cctv cameras.
Old 01-12-2012, 08:39 AM
WEEEEEEEEEEE

TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT

either way, there is practically NO way, front plate or not, that people in a urban setting can get away from the law. period. So a front plate is a moot point. Once you have an officer in pursuit, a detailed description, and being IN PURSUIT means the officer is behind, then there is a rear plate. . .that isn't even including if a helicopter is involved. . .
Old 01-12-2012, 09:06 AM
WHITE TRASH

SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR

Originally Posted by idriveahonda
I can understand the ride height law.

I can kind of understand the exhaust law (if it were enforced equally throughout all motor vehicle brands and models).

I do not understand the front plate law. An officer likely cannot decipher the license plate sitting still moving towards him, let alone if he is driving in the opposite direction. There really is no "good" reason I know of for why they are there.
The front plate gets left behind at the scene of many hit and run crashes. It's great evidence in hit and run cases. I've used it in quite a few hit and run investigations. Other times, the front plate will leave it's impression in other plastic bumper covers, another good bit of evidence in hit and run investigations. It happens more often than you'd think...

Quick Reply: Voice your support --- No Front Plate