Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Virginia seat belt law

Old 05-22-2007, 04:38 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud of
Default Virginia seat belt law

Coming home yesterday I was pulled over and the officer gave me a ticket for no seat belt. I know the fine is $25, but does anyone know if its a points violation? I looked on the dmv website and I saw nothing about it being a points violation, but I thought today on the radio I heard it was a 2 point violation. Does anyone know if it is or not? Thanks in advance.
Old 05-22-2007, 04:42 PM
<3

elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz
Default Re: Virginia seat belt law

Why were you not wearing your seatbelt?
Old 05-22-2007, 04:45 PM
Registered Member

KYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud of

Forgot to put it on I guess. Most of the time I have it on.
Old 05-22-2007, 04:46 PM
go topless.

BillMW has disabled reputation

Funny you mentioned this...a bit off topic but this just hit the AP 20 minutes ago:

May 22, 8:21 PM EDT

Bush's Seat Belt Usage Not Locked Down

By BEN FELLER
Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON (AP) -- President Bush encourages people to wear seat belts. Whether he routinely does so himself is not as clear. The question arose Tuesday, Bush's first full day back in town after a weekend at his ranch in Texas - where he was spotted driving a pickup truck without wearing a seat belt.

The timing comes just as Bush's government is sending the opposite message. This week marks the launch of law enforcement's annual seat belt campaign, known as "Click It or Ticket."

In his morning briefing with reporters, White House press secretary Tony Snow was asked whether Bush wears his safety belt while riding in his armored limousine.

"Does he wear a seat belt in the limo?" Snow said in some disbelief. "I don't know."

After starting to field a question on another subject, Snow stopped to amend his answer.

"Let me just back up," Snow said. "I have seen him wear it in the limo. I'm not going to give you a report card because my ventures in the limo are relatively rare."

Later, in his afternoon briefing, Snow was asked again to clarify Bush's personal policy.

"Well, it's always important to wear seat belts, especially when driving slowly on the ranch," Snow said.

He seemed to emphasize that Bush was driving slowly when he had no seat belt on.

At the time, Bush was in his truck, pulling away from a pool of reporters who had come to watch him greet the NATO secretary-general and his wife.

"But I think it's, in point of fact, something that - we encourage everybody to wear their seat belts," Snow added.

Citing security reasons, Snow wouldn't comment on whether the Secret Service requires Bush to wear a seat belt.

"The Secret Service, I guarantee you, looks after the president and is absolutely determined to ensure his safety in every way possible," Snow said.

Seat belt use came into national focus last month when New Jersey Gov. Jon S. Corzine sustained severe injuries during a crash. He later apologized for not wearing a seat belt.

Regular seat belt use is the single most effective way to protect people and reduce fatalities in motor vehicle crashes, according to the government.
Old 05-22-2007, 04:47 PM
Registered Member

ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ

Originally Posted by eluam
Why were you not wearing your seatbelt?

Cause his an adult and he chose not to. We have a right to chose how we die.
Old 05-22-2007, 04:48 PM
<3

elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz

Originally Posted by ZweetdreamZ
Cause his an adult and he chose not to. We have a right to chose how we die.
Thats a great mentality there.
Old 05-22-2007, 04:50 PM
Registered Member

ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ

Originally Posted by eluam
Thats a great mentality there.

That's how I feel. I wear my sealbelt. I don't wear my seatbelt while driving my tractor from stop to stop. It's my choice. I understand why it's a law for underage seatbelt/car seat laws but I don't understand why it's a law that I have to wear my seatbelt.
Old 05-22-2007, 05:05 PM
Registered Member

I know I should have had it on , Iam just hoping its not a points violation.
Old 05-22-2007, 05:10 PM
go topless.

BillMW has disabled reputation

Sorry...I felt bad not helping you with your question and sticking to point but I found the timing was ironic.

I looked at the VA DMV Webstie at the FAQ's and here's what I found; it's seems to me like a radar detector violation. They can't pull you over for just that, although they did pull me for just that and I never got any points.....the fucking Commonwealth. It doesn't specify anything....blah blah blah....I don't know if this even helps:

Can a person be pulled over simply for not wearing a safety belt?
No, this is not a primary offense in Virginia. However, if a driver is pulled over for a different reason, such as speeding or making an illegal lane change, the driver can also be charged with a safety belt violation if front seat passengers are riding unbuckled or if children under age 16 are not properly restrained.
Old 05-22-2007, 05:20 PM
slowest member

slimb is infamous around these partsslimb is infamous around these partsslimb is infamous around these partsslimb is infamous around these partsslimb is infamous around these partsslimb is infamous around these partsslimb is infamous around these partsslimb is infamous around these partsslimb is infamous around these partsslimb is infamous around these partsslimb is infamous around these parts

yes it is safer to wear it but i think it is a personal choice. we can sit here a piss back and forth about it but i think it is a invasion of privacy. i am not hurting anyone else but not putting it on so there shouldnt be a problem.

Quick Reply: Virginia seat belt law