Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Ticket Question

Old 04-20-2004, 09:15 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rat9C1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Ticket Question

Yeah..... I got a ticket @ ODU & the officer filled out the ticket wrong ... ODU police are virginia accredited meaning "Under chapter 17 of the Code of Virginia, campus police officers are classified as swarn law enforcment officers, and carry the same authority as any state, municipal or county law enforcement officer"

Isn't there some VA technicality whereas if the ticket is filled out incorrectly by the officer you can get it dropped? If so where can I find documentation of this????

Yes I know its only a $30 ticket, but I'm a broke college kid.. and I stand a chance because the only people I have to talk to are the people taking the money behind the counter in parking services.

Old 04-21-2004, 09:04 AM

VT_453 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Ticket Question

is it a parking ticket or a virginia uniform summons?

If its a parking ticket, talk to parking services, if its a summons, talk to the clerk of court.
Old 04-21-2004, 09:14 AM
2004 Danceoff Champ

Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy

What is wrong about the ticket?
Old 04-21-2004, 09:41 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by VT_453
is it a parking ticket or a virginia uniform summons?

If its a parking ticket, talk to parking services, if its a summons, talk to the clerk of court.
Its a parking ticket.. I had planned on goin to parking services..

Originally Posted by Tonka Toy
What is wrong about the ticket?
I don't drive an impala, nor does ne1 in my family
Old 04-21-2004, 09:56 AM

2gcivi is an unknown quantity at this point

unless the ticket has the incorrect licence plate number I would just go and pay it
Old 04-21-2004, 10:01 AM
I drive real slow

subaruboy has disabled reputation

as long as it's a parking ticket u have nothing to lose by fighting it... you don't have to worry about a judge getting pissed at you. ask to have it dropped and if they refuse *politely* appeal the ticket stating that it's ambiguous because it's filled out incorrectly
Old 04-21-2004, 06:38 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by subaruboy
as long as it's a parking ticket u have nothing to lose by fighting it... you don't have to worry about a judge getting pissed at you. ask to have it dropped and if they refuse *politely* appeal the ticket stating that it's ambiguous because it's filled out incorrectly
So far thats the best damn idea I've heard all day
Old 04-21-2004, 07:12 PM
VIP

LSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these parts

did u just park without having a decal or something and the cop left a ticket on your windshield?

i parked at odu without having a decal once(not an odu student)....there was only one ticket on the windshield...i didnt pay it...nothing happened to me. there are stipulations and stuff written on the parking tickets...if you only have one, then i believe its just a warning, and so on
Old 04-21-2004, 09:01 PM
I drive real slow

subaruboy has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by LSPinoy
did u just park without having a decal or something and the cop left a ticket on your windshield?

i parked at odu without having a decal once(not an odu student)....there was only one ticket on the windshield...i didnt pay it...nothing happened to me. there are stipulations and stuff written on the parking tickets...if you only have one, then i believe its just a warning, and so on
nothing happened to you because you weren't a student.

usually the rule at universities is that if you get a parking ticket with them and you don't attend the university, you get off with a warning.

but also usually if you are a student and get a ticket at that university, you don't get a warning... if ya don't pay it, they put a block on your registration for the following semester until you do pay up
Old 04-21-2004, 09:31 PM
VIP

LSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these parts

yah thats why i mentioned that i wasnt a student....cuz i know it may be different for odu students