Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Ticket question.

Old 06-06-2003, 08:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
slvrcar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ticket question.

If an officer pulls you over, gives you a ticket, sends you on your way, and never makes you sign the ticket...is the ticket void because he didn't make you sign it? PLease, I need a correct answer not an opinion.
Old 06-06-2003, 08:54 AM
Gone.

FlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these partsFlipLegend is infamous around these parts

Yup. If you're signature ISN'T on the ticket...you don't have to pay/go to court. By signing a ticket, you are agreeing to pay whatever fine or go to court if summoned.
Old 06-06-2003, 09:31 AM
Atheist.

Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker

Awesome, he totally fucked up. I wouldn't even show up if I were you. It's different though if you REFUSE to sign it. They don't take to kindly to that.
Old 06-06-2003, 11:33 AM

VT_453 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yep, he messed up. What is the ticket for btw? It is a regular virginia summons correct?
Old 06-06-2003, 10:32 PM
LicenseNregistration

stealthassassin is an unknown quantity at this point

well guys i don't really know what the deal is but if it's the yellow copy you are talkin about, that copy doesn't matter. but if his copy is not signed then yeah he screwed up. but it all depends the court may except it they may not. but if it's one of those must show tickets, you might be risking having a warrant for missin court, if it's not then you could be lookin at a suspension notification for you driver's license for not payin the fines. but hey it's your call
Old 06-06-2003, 10:45 PM

VT_453 is an unknown quantity at this point

Also if its not a uniform summons and it is a city type ticket or something of the sort, he may not need a signature. Some citys/towns have ordinace tickets that need no signature. Kinda rare though.
Old 06-07-2003, 06:29 AM

slvrcar is an unknown quantity at this point

It was an 81 in a 55 by the way and the state trooper didn't make me sign it! I got a thing in the mail from a lawyer saying I had a court date so I think I am going to go to court on that specific date and ask them what all of this is about ( play stupid ). I will ask them to show me the ticket and where I signed it.
Old 06-07-2003, 08:33 AM
What FMIC?????

MKNTRAXX MKNTRAXX MKNTRAXX MKNTRAXX MKNTRAXX

I got a warning I had to sign on the lower right hand side.

if it has a place for your signature on it and its not signed you might be able to weasle your way outta it.