VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Automotive Discussion (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/)
-   -   S2K beat in hp/liter production engine = SSC AERO (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/s2k-beat-hp-liter-production-engine-%3D-ssc-aero-71453/)

Soon2BeStangin 10-29-2004 07:44 PM

Re: S2K beat in hp/liter production engine = SSC AERO

Originally Posted by BLACKTURBOS2K
A Mid 14 is good for a stock s2k I ran a 12.5 with 319rwhp and stock tires. I made 430rwhp with a blow headgasket and a bad piston. The car will be around a 11.5 easy with good tires. Did you ever see the vid with the turbo s2k? That was my car. I ran a 12.2 @ 119mph with Kumhos when I had the bad gasket. Iam going to put bigger Inj. in and a EMS. The turbo should be good for 28-32lbs, That will be good for well over 550rwhp. The motor is not stock. I have Wiseco pistons, AEBS sleeves, and Eagle rods.

430 RWHP is nice...Did you break 250 RWTQ? :p

TheGoaT 10-29-2004 11:17 PM

Go to www.inlinepro.com and click on my car. You can see a dyno sheet and a 1/4 run made by John. 11.9@112mph
Theres you 11sec S2K

wait so you didnt even run the time in your own car? haha. And you think big HP numbers means good ETs? 430rwhp for a 11.9 in what a 2400 pound car? Thats terrible. Bring your HP monster out to the street some time and see if you run some mid 11s.

Homemade WRX 10-30-2004 05:26 AM

A Mid 14 is good for a stock s2k I ran a 12.5 with 319rwhp and stock tires. I made 430rwhp with a blow headgasket and a bad piston. The car will be around a 11.5 easy with good tires. Did you ever see the vid with the turbo s2k? That was my car. I ran a 12.2 @ 119mph with Kumhos when I had the bad gasket. Iam going to put bigger Inj. in and a EMS. The turbo should be good for 28-32lbs, That will be good for well over 550rwhp. The motor is not stock. I have Wiseco pistons, AEBS sleeves, and Eagle rods.

no, I haven't...post it up or send a link

Paul 10-30-2004 05:39 AM

Originally Posted by leolo007
uuuuuh nice editing work!!! "I'll say it again" hahahah what a fag, I had heard S2K owners were cocky bitches but your the first one I meet... fag

Yeah S2k Owners are cocky. We can be because our cars are awesome.

Ok, so your point here is that a $300,000 car produces more horsepower per liter then my $32,000 car. A boosted $300,000 car at that....

Ok. Thats alright with me.

Digger70chall 10-30-2004 07:46 AM

I like s2k owners...the looks on their faces when they get stomped by a 30 year old dinosaur engine only making 1HP/ci is priceless

BLACKTURBOS2K 10-30-2004 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by Digger70chall
I like s2k owners...the looks on their faces when they get stomped by a 30 year old dinosaur engine only making 1HP/ci is priceless

You may beat some but I bet not mine ;)

PS, your car is a tank

BLACKTURBOS2K 10-30-2004 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by Soon2BeStangin
430 RWHP is nice...Did you break 250 RWTQ? :p

Thats funny :rolleyes: It did 279rwtq. I dont need that much, the car is only 2800lbs wet

gyl 10-30-2004 02:07 PM

Ill put money on that. I have 2 s2ks that will take you up on that. I also have a 1.6lt Civic that will want to play also

i hope they are in the 8's in the 1/8th... :D

Digger70chall 10-30-2004 05:06 PM

You may beat some but I bet not mine ;)

PS, your car is a tank

you should definitely drive up to albany NY so we could find out

TheGoaT 10-30-2004 05:43 PM

This guys probably another 89Integra, just waiting for his mom to post.

BLACKTURBOS2K 10-30-2004 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by TheGoaT
This guys probably another 89Integra, just waiting for his mom to post.

Thats funny. Here are 2 sites that have my car www.inlinepro.com and www.turbounlimited.com Ill post up 2 diffrent vid in just a sec

TheGoaT 10-30-2004 05:53 PM

blah blah blah no one cares. Learn to drive your own car instead of having someone else do it.

Flite 10-30-2004 05:54 PM

Man...people hate S2000s.....

For whoever said high 11s are terrible in a 2400 pound S2000...with a driver you're looking at 2900ish...not the 2400 you're thinking. They're not as light as people think. They're not 1/4 mile cars though. Don't hate on it because they're not built for the 1320. 11s in an S2000 is damn good. Also, mid to high 14s is bs for a stock one. I ran 13.87 @ 102 in mine with just a V-AFC. Stop hating on them, saying an S2000 is crap cuz it'll get beat by a lightning in the 1/4 mile is about as smart as saying that a lightning is a piece of shit because an S2000 will beat it at Laguna Seca.

BLACKTURBOS2K 10-30-2004 06:09 PM

blah blah blah no one cares. Learn to drive your own car instead of having someone else do it.

Hey dick, I drove my car. You might want to read the post. On top of that I was running kumhos. Lets put it this way, if you dont have 600rwhp I would rape you. Yes my 4cly has more power then your S/C truck :rolleyes: And about me driving, I have my SCCA licens and I went to Skip Barber Racing. You must be some dumb ass readneck, I run into your kind all of the time. My BIG V8 will kick your 4cly ass :thdown: Have a little respect, Ive never said shit about you till now. All I can say is that the only way that you would ever have a chance is if you had slicks and I had shitty tires. Ive done this before with the guy down the street. He has the same truck as you with 500rwhp and I beat his ass and took his money

BLACKTURBOS2K 10-30-2004 06:13 PM

Here are the vids Click me and click me

TheGoaT 10-30-2004 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by Flite
Man...people hate S2000s.....

For whoever said high 11s are terrible in a 2400 pound S2000...with a driver you're looking at 2900ish...not the 2400 you're thinking. They're not as light as people think. They're not 1/4 mile cars though. Don't hate on it because they're not built for the 1320. 11s in an S2000 is damn good. Also, mid to high 14s is bs for a stock one. I ran 13.87 @ 102 in mine with just a V-AFC. Stop hating on them, saying an S2000 is crap cuz it'll get beat by a lightning in the 1/4 mile is about as smart as saying that a lightning is a piece of shit because an S2000 will beat it at Laguna Seca.

oh I dont hate s2000, just the guy who thinks are are gods gift. And you say they arent made for the 1/4 mile, well thats what HES using it for. So its gonna get compared to other 1/4 cars. If you say they weigh more, I'll take your word for it, but thats still not a good time at that weight. Also if you read I never said I would beat him, he said I would lose, I said hes welcome to try.

BLACKTURBOS2K 10-30-2004 06:32 PM

The car is 2809lbs wet just to let everyone know, I worked @ Honda for 18 months

TheGoaT 10-30-2004 06:34 PM

Hey dick, I drove my car. You might want to read the post. On top of that I was running kumhos. Lets put it this way, if you dont have 600rwhp I would rape you. Yes my 4cly has more power then your S/C truck :rolleyes: And about me driving, I have my SCCA licens and I went to Skip Barber Racing. You must be some dumb ass readneck, I run into your kind all of the time. My BIG V8 will kick your 4cly ass :thdown: Have a little respect, Ive never said shit about you till now. All I can say is that the only way that you would ever have a chance is if you had slicks and I had shitty tires. Ive done this before with the guy down the street. He has the same truck as you with 500rwhp and I beat his ass and took his money

hey troll, your the one that said SOMEONE ELSE ran a 11.9 in your car. And it you think your stick car is gonna be constient every run and run as well on the street as on the track, your retarded. Youve never seen a faster car lose to a slower one? I have. HP doesnt mean shit if you cant put it to the ground. Ya Im a redneck, LOL. Perhaps you should ask around. I have plenty of friends on here with 4 cyls, they get respect because they deserve it. So what part of town do you live in? Considering I know just about every lightnng owner in this area Im sure I would know the guy. 11.9 with 430whp, perhaps when you can push that 550whp you talked about you can run a 11.6! smokin!

TheGoaT 10-30-2004 06:34 PM

The car is 2809lbs wet just to let everyone know, I worked @ Honda for 18 months

maybe with a driver

BLACKTURBOS2K 10-30-2004 06:42 PM

maybe with a driver

That is what Honda says it is? Why would Honda lie?

TheGoaT 10-30-2004 06:45 PM

Ford also says the L weighs 4750, yet they range anywhere from 4700-4880 stock.

BLACKTURBOS2K 10-30-2004 06:45 PM

I have. HP doesnt mean shit if you cant put it to the ground.

Ive told you 3 times that I was running Kumhos????

BLACKTURBOS2K 10-30-2004 06:47 PM

Ford also says the L weighs 4750, yet they range anywhere from 4700-4880 stock.

So my car is more then 2809lbs? Ive never put it on the scales. Ill do that when I get it back from the shop

Homemade WRX 10-30-2004 07:43 PM

So my car is more then 2809lbs? Ive never put it on the scales. Ill do that when I get it back from the shop

a lot of times that is just an average wait, but I don't see S2k's having much in the way of options that can add a lot of weight...

Flite 10-30-2004 08:49 PM

maybe with a driver

They weigh that much. I corner weighted mine and that's about what it came to. I don't remember exactly but it was over 2800 pounds without me in it. They're heavier than you'd think. That was all stock and without ANY Honda installed options. The only thng it had over a bone stock one was a V-AFC. Anything in the 11s is a good time for an S2000. I agree that he is using it for drag racing so you can compare him to other drag racing cars....but from an outside unbiased opinion, that is a very good time. We all know that S2000s aren't torque monsters, and if you take that combined with a very tall first gear and a somewhat fragile rear end, it makes for some very slow 60ft times. Any ground that's made up is done at the upper end where they really do shine. As I said earlier I ran 13.87 @ 102 in mine and that was a freak run. Usually I was around 14.0-14.1 but still at or above 100 mph. From a drag racing point of view...S2000s are similar to Supras. They aren't known for coming out of the hole but from a role they're hard to touch.

TheGoaT 10-31-2004 01:12 AM

what I was trying to get across is that the manufacturer stat. is not always acurate.

TheGoaT 10-31-2004 01:18 AM

Originally Posted by Flite
They weigh that much. I corner weighted mine and that's about what it came to. I don't remember exactly but it was over 2800 pounds without me in it. They're heavier than you'd think. That was all stock and without ANY Honda installed options. The only thng it had over a bone stock one was a V-AFC. Anything in the 11s is a good time for an S2000. I agree that he is using it for drag racing so you can compare him to other drag racing cars....but from an outside unbiased opinion, that is a very good time. We all know that S2000s aren't torque monsters, and if you take that combined with a very tall first gear and a somewhat fragile rear end, it makes for some very slow 60ft times. Any ground that's made up is done at the upper end where they really do shine. As I said earlier I ran 13.87 @ 102 in mine and that was a freak run. Usually I was around 14.0-14.1 but still at or above 100 mph. From a drag racing point of view...S2000s are similar to Supras. They aren't known for coming out of the hole but from a role they're hard to touch.

dont misunderstand, Im not saying that running an 11 sec pass in an s2000 isnt an achievement, Im just saying for the power he is claiming to put down, its not impressive. I understand its a top end car, thats what most lightweight turbo cars are. Thats the beauty of a 1/4mile race, some cars have great bottom end and come out strong but fight thru the last 1/8, while others are weak out of the hole but come alive once theyre rolling. Thats why I consider a 1/4 mile race between two cars completely fair for all cars, as each has its chance to shine in its strong points, whether it be in the beginning or the end of the race. After all is said and done though, no matter how you got down that 1/4 mile, its about who got there first. Whether they trapped 100 or 120.

mainevent212 10-31-2004 07:56 AM

i donno, i've seen some posts on here about how their car dosent pull hardest until about 120+...:rolleyes

a drag race is a good way to test your car, but not a good way to compare cars....take a lamborghini murcielago for a second...by the type of car it is, the 12.6 that car adn driver tested it at is not impressive...but you have to look at the gearing, the sucker can hit 200 mph...if it was geared higher, and maybe topped out at 170, it would be much faster in the 1/4 mile

BLACKTURBOS2K 10-31-2004 08:48 AM

[QUOTE=TheGoaT] Im just saying for the power he is claiming to put down, its not impressive.

The power that I claim??? I have dyno sheets, Vids,pics, and my car may be the next Tech. Vid.

TheGoaT 11-01-2004 04:59 AM

Originally Posted by mainevent212
i donno, i've seen some posts on here about how their car dosent pull hardest until about 120+...:rolleyes

a drag race is a good way to test your car, but not a good way to compare cars....take a lamborghini murcielago for a second...by the type of car it is, the 12.6 that car adn driver tested it at is not impressive...but you have to look at the gearing, the sucker can hit 200 mph...if it was geared higher, and maybe topped out at 170, it would be much faster in the 1/4 mile

it was being compared as a DRAG CAR. not overall performance styling etc etc.

TheGoaT 11-01-2004 05:00 AM

[QUOTE=BLACKTURBOS2K]

Im just saying for the power he is claiming to put down, its not impressive.

The power that I claim??? I have dyno sheets, Vids,pics, and my car may be the next Tech. Vid.

your missing the point, its NOT IMPRESSIVE.

Mr.2 11-01-2004 06:48 AM

*i didn't read the thread* i thought the mazda's renesis motor had the record for the highest output per litre NA?

Nic 11-01-2004 07:01 AM

HP/L is the biggest ricer argument there is. What a useless achievement.

Brian T 11-01-2004 07:09 AM

I wouldn't say that. Efficiency is a great achievement.

Nic 11-01-2004 07:14 AM

No, not at all. Using such a small motor and trying to compete in the market segment they are, they HAVE to maximize volumetric efficiency to be competitive. The reason other manufacturers in that segment can't do the same is because producing a street car with 600+ hp would be all but impractical and impossible to market. Horsepower sells cars, but torque wins races my friends.

Brian T 11-01-2004 07:23 AM

And what market segment is that? If you use the S2000 for what it's truly made for coupled with the god-like gearbox it has, the S2000 has no problem producing constant power. If you fall out of lift, you just need to learn how to drive. Drag racing a S2000 is unorthodox.

Paul 11-01-2004 09:43 AM

What a shame, the more this guy talks the more I think he is lying.

I love my stock S2k, I am not saddened by the fact that Goats pickup truck will out run me. Nor am I saddened by the fact that a $300,000 car will outrun me.

BLACKTURBOS2K 11-01-2004 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by Nic
HP/L is the biggest ricer argument there is. What a useless achievement.

Thats funny :rolleyes: But I bet its not funny when a stock s2k beats you

Flite 11-01-2004 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by Nic
Horsepower sells cars, but torque wins races my friends.

I've beat many a Mustang in my S2000 and I think the Mustang made quite a bit more torque than the S, like twice as much at least....just a thought.

BLACKTURBOS2K 11-01-2004 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by uopaul
What a shame, the more this guy talks the more I think he is lying.

I love my stock S2k, I am not saddened by the fact that Goats pickup truck will out run me. Nor am I saddened by the fact that a $300,000 car will outrun me.

What have I said that you can not belive? The car is 2809lbs wet? Is that hard to belive? You should go to www.s2ki.com
If you have a S2K then you should know that site. Iam a very well known person there. Go to the Mid -Atl forum and ask anyone about me or my car, Iam sure they may say Iam a dick but not a lier