Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

The Results are In!!

Old 08-29-2010, 04:30 AM
master debater

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout
Default Re: The Results are In!!

Originally Posted by Trunk Impaired
+1, what's the deal? Good for Ford but really if someone wants to buy a BMW they're not really going to change their minds just because some rag says the mustang is better, they're gonna buy the M3 then go FI and blow the mustang away anyway. BMW buyers are usually the type that like the style of the car more than what it can do, unfortunate but true.
really? the cool people are buying m3's just to slap turbo kits on them to beat mustangs? i think you are the dumbest bastard to post on this board since tooquick4most. this is like the 12th or so post i've read of mr. trunk impaired's disappointment with modern bmw... apparently they need to stop fucking around with all this 'progress' and 'evolution' crap and 'stick to their roots' by cranking out more pieces of shit like the e36 318 because it's so 'driver oriented'. if that isn't the epitome of irony... my friend, you'd be WAAAAY better off in a mustang than a bmw. seriously.

it is 'unfortunate' that the intent of this article seems to have been for the most part successful, which is to convince the idiotic masses that the mustang gt is a better car than the bmw m3, for nearly half the price. what people still refuse to understand, however, is that ultimately you get what you pay for. an m3's retail price takes into account research and engineering, quality of components, testing and quality assurance procedures, etc. etc. etc. that are more advanced, stringent and inclusive than ford's (maybe with a bit of inflation added for prestige of the brand). all this adds up to a BETTER CAR that is marketed to a demographic that is significantly higher in earned income than the mustang gt's. just because the mustang comes a few hundredths behind the m3 in average lap times means nothing more than ford did a great job with the mustang's performance- not that bmw fucked up and the m3 is an overpriced piece of shit that's now in the mustang's shadow like this article would like for you to believe.
Old 08-29-2010, 04:45 AM
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous

Let me put it this way....

I have a Cobra and I really like the new Mustangs but the body styling still sucks. I appreciate that Ford has finally gotten off its ass and created an affordable car that can handle as well as what is considered a "benchmark."

That being said, I'm still probably going to get an M3 as my next car because I want a little more of what I consider an "adult" car.
Old 09-16-2010, 12:01 PM
Registered Member

Str33tr Str33tr Str33tr Str33tr Str33tr Str33tr Str33tr Str33tr Str33tr Str33tr Str33tr

Originally Posted by blackout
it is 'unfortunate' that the intent of this article seems to have been for the most part successful, which is to convince the idiotic masses that the mustang gt is a better car than the bmw m3, for nearly half the price. what people still refuse to understand, however, is that ultimately you get what you pay for. an m3's retail price takes into account research and engineering, quality of components, testing and quality assurance procedures, etc. etc. etc. that are more advanced, stringent and inclusive than ford's (maybe with a bit of inflation added for prestige of the brand). all this adds up to a BETTER CAR that is marketed to a demographic that is significantly higher in earned income than the mustang gt's. just because the mustang comes a few hundredths behind the m3 in average lap times means nothing more than ford did a great job with the mustang's performance- not that bmw fucked up and the m3 is an overpriced piece of shit that's now in the mustang's shadow like this article would like for you to believe.
you sound like a lot of the fanbois over on http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=422981.
"The M3 has much greater build quality..." "Let's see which one holds it value better... "
One d-bag even said "let's see which one costs more to drive 100k miles".

really?

Are BMWs now the benchmark for reliability?

While my 95gt only has 88k mi (68k when I got her almost 3yrs ago), my 89 lx 5.0 that I had before it had almost 250k HARD miles on the original motor. It was an f'n fullbodied drag car for the +500lb guy I bought it from and then it was my dd for 3yrs. I pd $5k for it and sold it for $3k.
My 89 was a/b $12k new (BEING VERY GRACIOUS). so 18yrs and 250+ miles and the car still fetched 1/4 it's new car price.
What's going price for a 250k mi 89 M3 that's been raced regularly? bet you'd have a hard time finding one.
If you get lucky compare that price to what the car cost when it was new. I bet a bj it aint 1/4 the value.

for the MSRP on an M3 they could've thrown a gt500 into the mix.
anyone wanna stack +25yr resale value of m3 vs Shelby?

"A bit inflated for prestige" =a fool and his money are soon parted.

Last edited by Str33tr; 09-16-2010 at 12:05 PM.
Old 09-16-2010, 12:16 PM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired

lol I just saw Blackout's last post, he was seriously mad. I never claimed that the 318 was anything that it wasn't, it's an economy car and it achieves that really well (i get 35 mpg), what I was talking about when i said those things was the e36, which is the 3 series between 92 and the 99 Ti, not the 318 trim level which is crappy from a performance standpoint, but that's not what it was built for. I stand by that statement, the 3 series has gone downhill gradually since the e30, not that my personal opinion on that has jack shit to do with this thread and why he'd bring it up i have no clue. Just thought I'd put that out there in case he still has some kind of beef with me.
Old 09-16-2010, 12:23 PM
Troll & Run

ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD

Originally Posted by Str33tr
you sound like a lot of the fanbois over on http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=422981.
"The M3 has much greater build quality..." "Let's see which one holds it value better... "
One d-bag even said "let's see which one costs more to drive 100k miles".

really?

Are BMWs now the benchmark for reliability?

While my 95gt only has 88k mi (68k when I got her almost 3yrs ago), my 89 lx 5.0 that I had before it had almost 250k HARD miles on the original motor. It was an f'n fullbodied drag car for the +500lb guy I bought it from and then it was my dd for 3yrs. I pd $5k for it and sold it for $3k.
My 89 was a/b $12k new (BEING VERY GRACIOUS). so 18yrs and 250+ miles and the car still fetched 1/4 it's new car price.
What's going price for a 250k mi 89 M3 that's been raced regularly? bet you'd have a hard time finding one.
If you get lucky compare that price to what the car cost when it was new. I bet a bj it aint 1/4 the value.

for the MSRP on an M3 they could've thrown a gt500 into the mix.
anyone wanna stack +25yr resale value of m3 vs Shelby?

"A bit inflated for prestige" =a fool and his money are soon parted.
There is a HUGE difference between an e30 M3 and a 5.0 mustang though lolol
Old 09-21-2010, 11:36 AM
Registered Member

Str33tr Str33tr Str33tr Str33tr Str33tr Str33tr Str33tr Str33tr Str33tr Str33tr Str33tr

Originally Posted by DEEEEEEEEEEEERP
There is a HUGE difference between an e30 M3 and a 5.0 mustang though lolol
yeah, 1 costs a shit ton of moolah to make into a street or track monster and the other doesn't.
Old 09-21-2010, 03:24 PM
SPARKLEmotion

FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah

Seems like alot of hemad/shemad to me. Lord Humongous seems to be on point here. He'd rather have an M3 then a mustang, not because of the name plate or rep, but because it fits HIS life ( age/priorites/amount of dead hookers that will fit in the trunk/etc.). the argument of which is better is all in what YOU want out of the car. I'm sure some one will say "dude bro, my 2jz swapped s2k will beat both of these cars for half the price" or " I'd just buy 7 gently used sports bikes for the price of the M3 and ride a different one everyday". If you read the article, you will see that all they are trying to do is show how far the Mustang has come. By showing how close the performance numbers did just that.

Now, if I had the money for the M3, I'd probally buy the 5.0 and save the other $20,000 for tires.....and legal fee's of course.
Old 09-21-2010, 03:46 PM
Registered member

JDM74 JDM74 JDM74 JDM74 JDM74 JDM74 JDM74 JDM74 JDM74 JDM74 JDM74

I was wondering when this article was going to make it on this board. Surprised it took this long. I have never been interested in anything by BMW. Not my style I guess. I enjoy my new 5.0 though. It handles great and has lots-o-torque.