Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

The Results are In!!

Old 08-23-2010, 03:16 PM
Celebration Bitches!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lawjizams lawjizams lawjizams lawjizams lawjizams lawjizams lawjizams lawjizams lawjizams lawjizams lawjizams
Default The Results are In!!

Saw that the original 2011 mustang 5.0 thread was closed. Did a search and saw nothing about this. If its a repost then my bad. However I'm very impressed with the outcome and it looks like a 5.0 is definately in the future for me.

Comparison: 2011 Ford Mustang GT vs. 2011 BMW M3 Coupe
No, We're Not Kidding
From the October, 2010 issue of Motor Trend / By Ed Loh / Photography by Brian Vance

Click to view Gallery"Now are you high or just stupid? An M3 against a Mustang GT? On a racetrack? Seriously, son, which one is it? High or stupid?"

Yes, we know how this sounds. And had we suggested this matchup just a few months ago, we would deserve more withering scorn than can be found in a week-long Judge Judy marathon.

Why? Because this Munich versus Motown matchup has never been done before. Not even considered because it just didn't make sense. Sure, the M3 went V-8 in 2008, but that's not the issue. The truth is, the Mustang GT was never good enough to challenge Bavaria's finest. That is, until now.

Click to view GalleryYour doubt is understandable, but check the specs. For 2011, both rear-drive, four-seat coupes use all-aluminum V-8 engines with double-overhead camshafts tickling 32 valves. The M3's 4.0-liter carryover makes 414 horsepower at 8300 rpm and 295 pound-feet of torque at 3900 rpm. The Mustang's all new 5.0-liter V-8 cranks out 412 ponies at 6500 rpm and 390 pound-feet at 4250 rpm. But the most compelling number is 0.2: the difference in power-to-weight ratio between the two. The Mustang carries 8.8 pounds per pony to the M3's 8.6. And yet, at the test track, the 5.0 equals or betters the M3 in every performance category we measure. Both hit 60 mph in 4.4 seconds, but the Mustang is faster to the quarter mile by a tenth of a second and 0.7 mph-12.7 seconds at 111.6 mph. It also stops two feet shorter from 60 mph-a tie as far as we're concerned-and the GT really shatters the M myth on the skidpad. America's original ponycar manages to outgrip one of Germany's most iconic sports cars to the tune 0.2 second through our figure eight and by 0.01 g in lateral acceleration.

But the M3 is the better driving car, right? What about the vaunted BMW steering feel, cornering agility, and legendary suspension tuning? Sure, the Mustang's antiquated live rear axle is fine at the strip (and skidpad, apparently), but the M3 must be faster where it counts: on a racetrack, against the clock. Well, hold onto your buts (and butts), because we are about to find out.

Full Article: http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...son/index.html
Old 08-23-2010, 03:26 PM
Troll & Run

ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD
Default Re: The Results are In!!

two different markets. I will bet a dollar no BMW was ever on your list of cars to look at.

But lets be real, car buyers do not care about the power to weight ratio, no one does apparently except motor trend and certain divisions in racing. Are the rims big? Do it ride good? Does it have any pine wood for you to rest your right hand on?
Old 08-23-2010, 03:37 PM
DA LEPRAHKAHNZ GOLLD

TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt

That is true they are two differen't markets, but I am glad to see ford putting out affordable muscle. I think overall the way Ford has progressed through this recession, its competition having the government contracts on lock down, and still prevailing is a great thing.

My choice between the two if money didn't money? M3 - Would I rock the GT? Sure.
Old 08-23-2010, 06:48 PM
Im here for the beer

CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun

You really dont know how ironic that is...

Originally Posted by DEEEEEEEEEEEERP
two different markets. I will bet a dollar no BMW was ever on your list of cars to look at.
Old 08-23-2010, 06:49 PM
Troll & Run

Originally Posted by CarsRFun
You really dont know how ironic that is...
Why? Don't say because I drive a camry, because thats the dumbest shit on this Earth. D.nick played it out.
Old 08-23-2010, 06:50 PM
Im here for the beer

CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun

Why? Don't say because I drive a camry, because thats the dumbest shit on this Earth. D.nick played it out.
maybe because he has an m3.... lol

https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-gallery-87/couple-pix-my-car-after-good-cleaning-341047/
Old 08-23-2010, 06:56 PM
Troll & Run

So why would he make the thread then? That doesn't even make sense in its own right. Is he gonna trade the bmw in for cash on top?lolol
Old 08-23-2010, 07:00 PM
Im here for the beer

Damn you are full of fail tonight.. he has/had a blown foxbody dont know if he sold it or not so my guess is they*mustangs* are near and dear to his heart .. and ill bet a dollar he gets the 5.0 as his DD....

So why would he make the thread then? That doesn't even make sense in its own right. Is he gonna trade the bmw in for cash on top?lolol
Old 08-23-2010, 07:07 PM
Troll & Run

I am not gonna research dude mans life history.
Old 08-23-2010, 07:09 PM
Im here for the beer

I am not gonna research dude mans life history.
dont worry most people run their mouths when they dont know what the hell they are talking about round here.. its nothing new =)

Quick Reply: The Results are In!!