Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

performance tires.

Old 09-20-2010, 02:37 AM
DITB-AHHH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Corbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these parts
Default performance tires.

what are a good set of performance tires that will grip around turns and do good with camber. i just ordered new wheels for the integra, and im looking for a good set of tires to go with them.

im thinking of putting the sumitomo HTR+ or the
Falken Azenis RT-615

im looking for a 215/45 or 50/16

let me know what you recommend.
Old 09-20-2010, 04:08 AM
Drives a Mustang

TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6
Default Re: performance tires.

i just ordered a set of sumitomo htrz 3's last night. i google searched and found nothing but good reviews for them. they are also a lot cheaper than any other tire in their class. i dont have them yet, but they will be on the car this week and i can let you know what i think of them.
Old 09-20-2010, 04:12 AM
DITB-AHHH

Corbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these parts

alright cool thanks!
Old 09-20-2010, 04:16 AM
Dont guess, diagnose

連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入

If your going to autocross the Integra then the Azenis are the answer hands down.

However if you want to spend a bit let look into the Kumho Ecsta STX, I have used them for autocross and daily duty with great success. I was actually putting down times just as fast and sometimes faster than those in my class with R-Comps.
Old 09-20-2010, 04:27 AM
B Nice

STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW

I purchased a set of 235/40ZR -18 Sumitomo HTR Z III XL back in June. I had read nothing but good reviews on them and found them to be a few dollars cheaper than the BFG G-Force Sport tires that I had on previously, so I decided to take a chance and get them.

At first I was very happy with the tires and felt that they gave me the same amount of grip as the G-Forces, BUT about halfway through the tires life I've found they have lost a LOT of that grip. I find that I can push the tires to their limit with little effort, but I will say they are at least very predictable near the limit.

I'm nearly through this set and won't be buying them again when I get a new set. I'm not really sure which tires I'll go with next, but I miss the RE-070s that came on the car, they are expensive as shit, BUT it felt like I'd break something on the car before I'd lose traction, I want that feeling again.
Old 09-20-2010, 04:27 AM
DITB-AHHH

Originally Posted by 連続注入
If your going to autocross the Integra then the Azenis are the answer hands down.

However if you want to spend a bit let look into the Kumho Ecsta STX, I have used them for autocross and daily duty with great success. I was actually putting down times just as fast and sometimes faster than those in my class with R-Comps.
about how much did the kuhmos run you?
Old 09-20-2010, 04:29 AM
Registered member

Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2

Definitely do NOT get sumitomo's they are garbage. An affordable set to look into is the Azenis. If you want to spend a bit more you can check out the the Bridgestone RE11 or Dunlop DZ101 or Starspecs as well. Be careful about what reviews you look at. You should take most of those with a grain of salt as most people normally have no idea how a "good tire" feels and will give a thumbs up to some junk.
Old 09-20-2010, 04:32 AM
DITB-AHHH

Originally Posted by Jenkinsal2
Definitely do NOT get sumitomo's they are garbage. An affordable set to look into is the Azenis. If you want to spend a bit more you can check out the the Bridgestone RE11 or Dunlop DZ101 or Starspecs as well. Be careful about what reviews you look at. You should take most of those with a grain of salt as most people normally have no idea how a "good tire" feels and will give a thumbs up to some junk.
yeah thats what i thought,
Old 09-20-2010, 06:55 AM
Registered Member

terrible advice has disabled reputation

Riken RAPTORS. Them shits NEVA wear out and they have claw-like grip olololol
Old 09-20-2010, 07:17 AM
Needs more poke.

Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada

Falken Azenis RT-615

No question.

Quick Reply: performance tires.