Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Reckless driving ticket? How does that work?

Old 10-25-2003, 09:25 PM
Makin Moves

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Murphyd311 Murphyd311 Murphyd311 Murphyd311 Murphyd311 Murphyd311 Murphyd311

Originally posted by LilBlackNeon
negatory...
When I got my 'following too close' ticket I got a letter from the DMV saying anyone 18 AND younger in violation MUST take a driving course. So I took yet another one, in January. Now, that's not a court ordered one, so does that matter? That was DMV ordered.

Lol! I was doin' 71/55 at 3 in the mornin' headin' home on a Saturday night (actually morning), am I looking at jail time?
Nah it wasn't wreckless....
Old 10-27-2003, 02:14 AM
WS6
www.autocross.us

WS6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Reckless driving ticket? How does that work?

Originally posted by LSProven
Ok. I got a Reckless driving ticket alittle more than 4 months ago. Now I went to court for the ticket Aug sometime. I was sentenced to jail for 60 days, but only served 2 days and the 56 days were suspended because it is a misdemanor only misdemanor sentences are generally cut in half. This was in VA Beach.

On top of that my license was suspended/restricted for 2 months. I got it back on Oct.4th. Now today I just got a ticket in Chesapeake for not wear "Selt belt", and "Improper right lane turn". The cop was nice and understanding. He didn't get me for my Exhaust like I thought he would have. Chesapeake seems more linent on that part.

Anyhow, I was confused and told the cop if I get another ticket within 2years I will be going to jail to finish out the sentence. Now my mom is saying I'm done with all the probation and I can't go to jail for any of those 2 tickets I recieved. But for some reason I can't get the 2years out of my head. I could have sworn if you get a Reckless driving ticket you can't have any tickets what so ever, for a period of 6months-2years on your license after the conviction of the Reckless driving ticket.

Can someone clear this up for me?

You are fucked. You aren't supposed to get any moving violations while under probation, which I think you still are.
Old 10-27-2003, 10:05 AM

LilBlackNeon is an unknown quantity at this point

That sounds 'bout right... I'm an amateur law breaker but maybe you could opt out of court and just pay the fines... If they want you to go to jail they'll contact you some how. Just dont mention it. (heh, works in other situations... dont know 'bout court)
Old 10-30-2003, 09:52 PM

BKS_SC2 has a reputation beyond reputeBKS_SC2 has a reputation beyond reputeBKS_SC2 has a reputation beyond reputeBKS_SC2 has a reputation beyond reputeBKS_SC2 has a reputation beyond reputeBKS_SC2 has a reputation beyond reputeBKS_SC2 has a reputation beyond reputeBKS_SC2 has a reputation beyond reputeBKS_SC2 has a reputation beyond reputeBKS_SC2 has a reputation beyond repute

you are a goner. You will be going to jail for 58 days because you got a 60 day sentence and only served 2 days.
Old 11-06-2003, 06:57 AM
R3BORN

cfhoodeclipse is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Re: Reckless driving ticket? How does that work?

Originally posted by WS6
[/size]

You are fucked. You aren't supposed to get any moving violations while under probation, which I think you still are.
i don't know about fucked, i got a speeding ticket during the last week of one of my probations and they just extended my probation.........of course everytime you go into court it's different so there's no telling what could happen
Old 11-06-2003, 08:20 AM
Smokey

weedman111487 is an unknown quantity at this point

have a nice time in pound you in the ass prison fag..
Old 11-09-2003, 08:56 AM
My baby Aiden

h22a4 is an unknown quantity at this point

The cop is right. Your license is restricted for 2 mos, but you can't receive anymoving violation tickets for the next 2 years. That was your mistake and have to face the consequences for your own action. The judge will say you had your break, now it's time to pay. I know it sucks, but it's the price to pay for not being able to control yourself behind the wheel (reckless driving). Unless your parents are lawyers and have good relationships w/ Va. Beach judges, you're fucked.