Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Reckless driving ticket? How does that work?

Old 10-24-2003, 06:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AcuraGirl is an unknown quantity at this point

I dont even have a VA drivers license yet, never had any tickets in VA, car is not even registered in VA yet. This is my first offense/ticket.
Old 10-24-2003, 08:08 AM
200HP/L

Josepi Josepi Josepi Josepi Josepi Josepi Josepi

Originally posted by AcuraGirl
I dont even have a VA drivers license yet, never had any tickets in VA, car is not even registered in VA yet. This is my first offense/ticket.
If you're moving down here, you should be able to get the charge reduced to a speeding, and then sent off to defensive driving school if your record is clean.
Old 10-24-2003, 08:18 AM

AcuraGirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Thats what I am hoping. Im still amazed that they would write a ticket for that. Guess I have a lot to learn about VA driving laws...the do's and dont's.
Old 10-24-2003, 09:03 AM
H22AHH

93LudeSi is an unknown quantity at this point

It's more like the can's and cannot's of driving around here...especially at the beach. You can get ticketed for basically anything, and it seems that you cannot go anywhere without receiving one of these tickets...
Old 10-25-2003, 04:33 AM
R3BORN

cfhoodeclipse is on a distinguished road

man you got the shaft, i got a reckless ticket in hampton and i have -19 points on my driving record and they just sent me to driver's improvement course.....again.....i also had a good lawyer though. oh yeah they put me on probation again after that but i got out good. call ron smith in hampton, he'll get you out of anything
Old 10-25-2003, 09:13 AM

BlueEyez is an unknown quantity at this point

Yea the best lawyer to get would be Ron Smith, he's one of the best for traffic court and other offenses.
Old 10-25-2003, 09:34 AM

LilBlackNeon is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow... I didnt even know you could get jailtime for wreckless driving?

I have a following too close ticket and now a speeding ticket pending. I had a speeding ticket 2 years ago but I got comm service and DI school. So I dun' know how this ticket will go in court. I have a lawyer workin' for me, I played hockey with him so he's hookin' me up.

Anyone have tickets in Suffolk? How do you think it'll go with a lawyer? Oh yeah, DI school is outta the question b'cuz I took it in January for my following too close. Just curious 'bout that.
Old 10-25-2003, 10:50 AM
H22AHH

93LudeSi is an unknown quantity at this point

I got 10 days in jail for reckless, but the lawyer got me off with only serving 4 hours. So to answer your question, yes...Va Beach is really strict about reckless driving usually.
Old 10-25-2003, 06:04 PM
200HP/L

Josepi Josepi Josepi Josepi Josepi Josepi Josepi

Originally posted by LilBlackNeon
Wow... I didnt even know you could get jailtime for wreckless driving?

I have a following too close ticket and now a speeding ticket pending. I had a speeding ticket 2 years ago but I got comm service and DI school. So I dun' know how this ticket will go in court. I have a lawyer workin' for me, I played hockey with him so he's hookin' me up.

Anyone have tickets in Suffolk? How do you think it'll go with a lawyer? Oh yeah, DI school is outta the question b'cuz I took it in January for my following too close. Just curious 'bout that.
Born in 84...ticket two years ago, so were you a minor when you had driving school? You should be able to go again as an adult, and every 5 years or so depending on the judge.
Old 10-25-2003, 08:57 PM

LilBlackNeon is an unknown quantity at this point

negatory...
When I got my 'following too close' ticket I got a letter from the DMV saying anyone 18 AND younger in violation MUST take a driving course. So I took yet another one, in January. Now, that's not a court ordered one, so does that matter? That was DMV ordered.

Lol! I was doin' 71/55 at 3 in the mornin' headin' home on a Saturday night (actually morning), am I looking at jail time?

Quick Reply: Reckless driving ticket? How does that work?