Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Recent Inspection Failure Info:

Old 09-11-2008, 08:27 AM
before you were here

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
caeavesRSX-S has disabled reputation
Default Recent Inspection Failure Info:

No questions here just a heads up on some things I recently learned according to Stafford Chevron here in Stafford VA.

Removing power steering will cause a car to fail. Not sure why a luxury item is required but he said because the car came with it it needs to have it. Can't really change that at the moment unless I throw a belt on and the hoses and filler bottle are put back in temporarily but that seems excessive.

Not having yellow corner bulbs will also, I knew that but tried it anyway. Anyone with stock four door lenses for sale let me know, please.

If you remove the rear seat belts you have to have the rear seats out to pass inspection. I told him the seats aren't bolted in but they have to be removed completely. I like to set stuff on them but would have set it in the trunk if I'd had known this.

You can't have an emissions test without a Vin Plate on the dashboard. I did a dash swap and left the plate off to prevent keys from being made and being another theft statistic. I asked if the VIN on the firewall was enough and he said no. Damn, now I need to find the plate or continue registering the car down in Richmond at a friends house.

Just a heads up with some information I just learned.
Old 09-11-2008, 08:35 AM
Sorry. Not really.

BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve
Default Re: Recent Inspection Failure Info:

They are all pretty much common sense. I almost got a ticket once for having tape over my VIN plate on the dash. I had the tape on there to avoid theft and the cop was cool about it. I did a dash swap on my old car too and that plate was a bitch to remove without the right tools.
Old 09-11-2008, 08:42 AM
S a D u B

JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW

I call bs on the power steering. It only has to work if it's there. If you take it out then it doesn't matter.

Can anyone verify?
Old 09-11-2008, 08:42 AM
Gaming Extraordinair

Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk

useless info.....srsly
Old 09-11-2008, 08:49 AM
ONE WAY --->

88SinZ 88SinZ 88SinZ 88SinZ 88SinZ 88SinZ 88SinZ 88SinZ 88SinZ 88SinZ 88SinZ

http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp...19VAC30-70-110

closest i could find in 9-12, but what it would make sense to say is if your vehicle is equipped with a hydraulic assisted steering rack that system has to be operating and in order

Last edited by 88SinZ; 09-11-2008 at 08:51 AM.
Old 09-11-2008, 08:51 AM
S a D u B

JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW

Originally Posted by 88SinZ
http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp...19VAC30-70-110

closest i could find in 9-12, but what it would make sense to say is if your vehicle is equipped with a hydraulic powered steering rack that system has to be operating and in order
ok, so you'd have to swap racks to pass...makes sense.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:08 AM
1.6L Elitist

Newbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by JROW
I call bs on the power steering. It only has to work if it's there. If you take it out then it doesn't matter.

Can anyone verify?
I think you would need to fully remove it. For example, de-powering by looping the lines the rack would definitely count as a "safety issue".
Old 09-11-2008, 09:16 AM
DEY SEE ME TROLLIN

DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt

Originally Posted by caeavesRSX-S
I recently learned according to Stafford Chevron here in Stafford VA.

Theres your problem. Don't ever ever take your car to a chevron/exxon, gas station. I learned that the hard way.
Old 09-11-2008, 10:40 AM
+RepCarebearCrew

I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers!

Originally Posted by Chris@SCAutos
Theres your problem. Don't ever ever take your car to a chevron/exxon, gas station. I learned that the hard way.

not all of them are bad, the court house shell is honest and straight forward about everything
Old 09-11-2008, 12:20 PM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

Originally Posted by JROW

Can anyone verify?
if its there it has to work. a Ps rack has a higher effort rack than a non-PS rack.

if you are taking it off, it has to be a MS rack.

Quick Reply: Recent Inspection Failure Info: