Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Mr2 OWNERS READ THIS

Old 09-16-2004, 06:17 PM
sounds like a semi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Homemade WRX Homemade WRX Homemade WRX Homemade WRX Homemade WRX Homemade WRX Homemade WRX Homemade WRX Homemade WRX Homemade WRX Homemade WRX
Default Re: Mr2 OWNERS READ THIS

I was going to buy one but it sold the night before I was going out to get it...so I was bummed...now I have another impreza...still want a MR2 though
Old 09-16-2004, 06:28 PM
brake/steer/throttle

ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek

Originally Posted by Af1AcurA
Yeah I had a 85 Mr2 and It didn't have ABS, I did some nice drifting in it, some on purpose but mostly on accident. as for the new ones my friend had a 91 turbo and fried the clutch, its fast but more about the handling. Oh yeah its a b*tch to work on since the motor/transmission is stuffed in the back.
what cars in 85 had ABS? i'm just curious. further, anyone who knows anything about AW/SW's knows that the AW is the go-kart handling car between the two. no, the engine and trans are NOT stuffed in the back. they are mounted transverse midship. you must be thinking of corvairs if you think they are rear engined cars.
Old 09-16-2004, 07:37 PM
Kicking Ass

Brian T Brian T Brian T Brian T Brian T Brian T

The motor is still stuffed in the "back." He didn't say it was rear-engined. It's actually fairly easy to work on as long as your not trying to do motor swaps or anything. That can be a little more annoying as the motor drops down. If you can afford another 5gs, get a Spyder unless your trying to push alot power fairly cheap. 130bhp may not sound like much, but they weigh less than 2200lbs with spare and fluids. The car also doesn't have as much weight in the rear as the Mk2 and has less snap oversteer characteristic. It's still there though.

Last edited by Brian T; 09-16-2004 at 07:39 PM.
Old 09-17-2004, 04:47 AM
brake/steer/throttle

ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek

Originally Posted by Af1AcurA
the motor/transmission is stuffed in the back.

can you NOT read english?
although i like the MkIII for what it is, the space for any type of stowage is NIL.
i just don't know where to put my helmet except for in my passenger's lap.
Old 09-17-2004, 07:57 AM
sounds like a semi

Homemade WRX Homemade WRX Homemade WRX Homemade WRX Homemade WRX Homemade WRX Homemade WRX Homemade WRX Homemade WRX Homemade WRX Homemade WRX

Originally Posted by ToyotaTechGeek
what cars in 85 had ABS? i'm just curious. further, anyone who knows anything about AW/SW's knows that the AW is the go-kart handling car between the two. no, the engine and trans are NOT stuffed in the back. they are mounted transverse midship. you must be thinking of corvairs if you think they are rear engined cars.
he says DIDN'T have ABS...
Old 09-17-2004, 10:32 AM
Kicking Ass

Brian T Brian T Brian T Brian T Brian T Brian T

I guess you can't read English. He said the engine is stuffed in the back. He didn't say it was rear-engined. I suppose the back is relative. For me, if the engine is behind me, it's in the back.
Old 09-17-2004, 10:50 AM
brake/steer/throttle

oh, i read english alright. back isn't mid. you must not know anything about polar inertial. that is all.
Old 09-17-2004, 10:51 AM
brake/steer/throttle

Originally Posted by Homemade WRX
he says DIDN'T have ABS...
yes, i know he says he didn't. so, i replied with the fact that i didn't know of any cars back then that did.
Old 09-17-2004, 01:37 PM
Registered Member

Af1AcurA is an unknown quantity at this point

okay no need to argue semantics. seems like your the expert on the subject.
Old 09-17-2004, 02:21 PM
brake/steer/throttle

whatever.

Quick Reply: Mr2 OWNERS READ THIS