Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

kinda unusual HID conversion question

Old 11-12-2006, 07:05 PM
Non Spelling Asshole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Natchez Natchez Natchez Natchez Natchez Natchez Natchez Natchez Natchez Natchez Natchez
Default Re: kinda unusual HID conversion question

Originally Posted by PDX_VTEC
And for those of you who have plug and play kits. Go outside and take a wall pic and see if you have cutoff lines like this!
Fuck your cutt off lines... I like seeing everything.. those lines fuck me up when I am driving.
Old 11-12-2006, 07:07 PM
Registered Member

HidSolutions has disabled reputation

Retros will be your best bet if you want to do it right but be forwarned they can be expensive especially for needing someone who could fabricate a kit or just install on a sienna. I sell plug and play HIDs if you want some info. They will not have as good cut off line as with projectors but if your not looking to spend the upwards hundreds to a grand or more this may be the option. 5ks will give you nice output with extreme white color. 6ks I would say are the nicest color/output compromise. Any higher and your giving away too much output for wild colors. 6k for that "hid" color, 5k for a good solid white not the ugly halogen color with good output. Hope this helps and I know of a few people who retrofit from clubrsx.com very clean work affordable for the kind of work.
Old 11-12-2006, 08:05 PM
PDX
GoDucks.com

PDX is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Natchez
Fuck your cutt off lines... I like seeing everything.. those lines fuck me up when I am driving.
And thanks a fucking lot for the glare you PnP's give off. As much money as you spend on your car you would think you would get a better lighting system !
Old 11-12-2006, 08:09 PM
PDX
GoDucks.com

Originally Posted by HidSolutions
Retros will be your best bet if you want to do it right but be forwarned they can be expensive especially for needing someone who could fabricate a kit or just install on a sienna. I sell plug and play HIDs if you want some info. They will not have as good cut off line as with projectors but if your not looking to spend the upwards hundreds to a grand or more this may be the option. 5ks will give you nice output with extreme white color. 6ks I would say are the nicest color/output compromise. Any higher and your giving away too much output for wild colors. 6k for that "hid" color, 5k for a good solid white not the ugly halogen color with good output. Hope this helps and I know of a few people who retrofit from clubrsx.com very clean work affordable for the kind of work.
150 for both projectors. 250 for ballasts and bulbs. Explain how we are reaching a grand here. Typical sponsors for crap. 5K is even too much. Your light output has deminished by 30% by jumping up to 5K anyways. Guess what blue aint as good as white. Its funny how everyone stop buying 6K halogens but think 6K hids have any difference. Anyways to each their own. Save your money! Why do think hid PnP's are now illegal?
Old 11-12-2006, 08:11 PM
PDX
GoDucks.com

Originally Posted by kcook
worst statement. 04-05 sti's come stock with no projectors w/ HIDs and so do a shit load of other cars
Also take out your bulbs and look at them. The undersides and some other parts of the bulb are painted black to save money in not producing projectors.

Edit: Can't figure out the multiple quotes.
Old 11-13-2006, 07:39 AM
Registered Member

MSMLexIS has disabled reputation

What year is his Sienna most 2004 and above have the HIDs on them.
Old 11-13-2006, 08:16 AM
Rice -4- Life

YeloBlitzEclips is on a distinguished road

its an older one, like 2000 or something. my dad is about the most non-car type person one can be.

thanks for the replies and suggestions guys