Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Keep the 240, or rock the dub

Old 01-23-2007, 11:01 AM
I wupped Batmans ass

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
euro sport is a name known to alleuro sport is a name known to alleuro sport is a name known to alleuro sport is a name known to alleuro sport is a name known to alleuro sport is a name known to alleuro sport is a name known to all
Default Re: Keep the 240, or rock the dub

Originally Posted by 240sxftw
haha im not worried about having a nice car, i like having a beater, because i know i payed for it, and it will make me appreciate it more.
the vw i rode in was a 98 golf gti, and it had some eurospec stuff on it, i know the rims where, interior was, and maybe the lights. i just loved the way it looked, and how open it was compared to the 240. speed was ok, im not looking for a super fast car either, so all the haters can go to hell, i dont need a race car, or a super quick one either, i just want something that suits me, not you guys
Okay... good to know. So it's a Mk3 GTI. I used to own a '97 GTI VR6 and that was a fun car to drive. Installed an H&R Cup Kit suspension, 17" ABT wheels, GIAC chip, Votex headlights, and a few other bits and pieces.

If you go with a Mk3 Golf/Jetta, try and stick with the OBD-2 motors ('96-'99). If you can afford VR6, then great... but the 2.0l 4-cyl is quite dependable if you are not looking for much in the speed department. VR6's are dependable too, but require new timing chains every 100k miles or so (which require R&R of the tranny). Not really that bad when you replace the clutch at the same time.

Some before and after pics of my old GTI:

Old 01-23-2007, 11:43 AM
+RepCarebearCrew

I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers!

sexy little car man, thats why i like them, its not to flashy, draws your attention and keeps you there, not like a car that has a fat wing and some big ass rims, you lose interest in it, that is just awsome
Old 01-23-2007, 11:44 AM
+RepCarebearCrew

I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers!

i will try and get pictures of the car that i rode in, pure sex