Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

just ordered an electromotive tec-3

Old 07-28-2003, 01:44 PM
Girly Car Pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SilverNB is an unknown quantity at this point
Default just ordered an electromotive tec-3

just finished dealing with racingmazda.com, i think i got a pretty decent deal. I got the tec-3 ecu, all neccessary sensors, wiring, etc, crank trigger wheel kit, 550cc fuel injectors, 2-bar map sensor all for $2450 shipped to my door, im in houston right now but figure that by the time i get back around 2 and a half weeks from now i think the goods should be shipped, does anyone on this board have experience installing/tuning with electromotive products (tec2 or tec3)?? I think i remember someone telling me greaser had experience? Hopefully some of you guys with experience can give me some pointers with the install, im preppin the motor for a t28 turbo (its small but spools quickly which is what i was lookin for), thanks to anyone who can lend some advice
Old 07-28-2003, 01:48 PM
Mr. K's chauffeur

Brssmnky is an unknown quantity at this point

I think that's a better price than what I have been quoted the past couple of days. I'll have to give them a call and see what their price is without injectors.
Old 07-28-2003, 01:52 PM
Registered Member

Greaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond repute

yeppers.....TEC III is a great system. i have experience tuning all electromotive products.

brssmonkey what kinda quotes you been getting? 2400 is retail price for the TEC III 4 cylinder.
Old 07-28-2003, 02:06 PM
Mr. K's chauffeur

All the prices i've been given were between 2400 and 2500, but I'm positive that wasn't with injectors. If this guys got it for 2450 shipped with injectors, I can see them selling it for 300 or so less without injectors. ( I've already got the 750cc's laying on my desk)

I found one guy selling just the ecu for 1600, but when you add up all the prices for sensors, etc, back up to 2400 ish.
Old 07-28-2003, 02:19 PM
Girly Car Pilot

SilverNB is an unknown quantity at this point

yeh man Ric at racing mazda hooked me up cuz i tried to start a group buy on the miata forum with no success, so he cut me a break and gave me everything for bout the same as the groupbuy that went on this past xmas on the miata forum
Old 07-28-2003, 02:20 PM
Mr. K's chauffeur

Damn hookups, I knew it was too good to be true.
Old 07-28-2003, 02:37 PM
Registered Member

Greaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond repute

yeah whats going on with your car anyway? last i heard you were looking for a system and someone to tune it. that was what.....a month or so ago

whats up with those 550's hahahh
Old 07-28-2003, 02:51 PM
Mr. K's chauffeur

Still looking for the best price out there for either a tec or a f.a.s.t. The f.a.s.t I've found to be considerably more, so I'm leaning to the tec III. I've pissed enough money away, so if I can save a couple hundred to go towards project "I know my motors gonna let go so I might as well build another", that would be cool.

You work your magic on it and the 550's are yours. heh
Old 07-28-2003, 03:10 PM
Registered Member

shit, that fuel rail better be too

the motor wont let go till 350rwhp or more. but one ping with only 200 hp and shes gone.

dont worry about blowing a motor...you can get another KA for so cheap, just find the limit and then turn it down a notch.
Old 07-28-2003, 03:16 PM
Mr. K's chauffeur

haha, I didn't think your services would come that cheap, don't worry. The question is do you offer a discount for a retune like my overhyped bullshit JWT ecu. 350 won't satisfy me for long.

Quick Reply: just ordered an electromotive tec-3