Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Just 20 more days (Skip Barber Racing School)

Old 07-20-2004, 09:46 AM
~

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nickyroo has disabled reputation
Cool Just 20 more days (Skip Barber Racing School)

headin up to skip barber driving school in conneticut on August 9th and 10th. here's a brief description...

An offshoot of the Dodge/Skip Barber Driving School, the Ultra High Performance Program is for experienced drivers looking for the thrill of high speed and high g-load exercises. As in all programs, the Vehicle Dynamics message is emphasized to convey the importance of physics as it relates to vehicle safety, balance and car control. Dodge Neons, Dakota trucks and the 500HP Viper SRT-10 act as rolling classrooms over the two day program. In addition to autocrossing, braking and skidpad, a champagne slalom, timed figure-8 exercise and advanced powerslides help to wrench up the fun factor.
You start off with a new Neon (yipee ), then move up to a new Dakota, then switch off to the big dog 500hp/512 ft/lbs of torque SRT-10 Dodge Viper.

that's the driver's package you get with all your other stuff. they also give you a bunch of Skip Barber patches, stickers, etc. theyre at home sittin on my desk though. i'll prob stick a magnet on one of my toolboxes or something and just hang on to the stickers.

i'll be bringing along a video camera so expect to see a bunch of bad ass footage of me beating the shit out of an SRT-10 in the very near future

www.skipbarber.com
Old 07-20-2004, 09:55 AM
hostgator.com

flow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Just 20 more days (Skip Barber Racing School)

Man I'd just rent the viper and cruise around town with it
Old 07-20-2004, 10:05 AM
Licensed to Kill

Keiichi is an unknown quantity at this point

how much did that run ya? i've always wanted to go....
Old 07-20-2004, 10:15 AM
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

You'll love it and learn a ton. My dad and I went down to Roat Atlanta and did the full 3-day Panoz school last July. It was freakin' awesome and really improved my driving skills. It's pretty cool to be driving a race car that you don't have to worry about driving back home at the end of the day; you can really let it all hang out.

I tangled w/ a bunch of SRT-10's this weekend at Viperdays at VIR. They're sweet cars for sure, but not as fast as I'd expected.

Have a blast.
Old 07-21-2004, 03:44 AM
brake/steer/throttle

ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek

kick-ass!!! i wonder if this one woman who instructed at a race school is still there. she has been a national SCCA champion (so has her husband) and eventually ended-up @ Skip Barber's. her name is Stay Reitmeir. she used to be really, really HOT and a superb driver too!

good luck, and have fun!!!