Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Racing school?

Old 06-12-2004, 04:48 PM
_______

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
_____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____
Default Racing school?

This is maily directed twards anyone that has race experience. Im looking in to doing some track days this year or next and trying to do anything I can to get track time. Who or where do I have to get ahold of to get started? I just want to hit the track and do some fun races not for money or anything.
Old 06-12-2004, 05:08 PM
Patron

Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus
Default Re: Racing school?

I will do it with you...I was thinking about posting the same thing
Old 06-12-2004, 05:28 PM
been around awhile.

zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas

me 3
Old 06-12-2004, 05:34 PM
Chillaxin

Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6

I want to know if there is a school that teaches you to knee drag. Im begining to have fun going through curves now more than i am straight aways.
Old 06-12-2004, 05:44 PM
Registered Member

Alwayslast is an unknown quantity at this point

try these websites

http://www.teampromotion.com/tpm.php?page_id=home
www.cornerspeed.net.
www.wera.com
and the sticky at the top that Del La Sol posted
Old 06-13-2004, 02:09 AM
Va Beach Coast Rider

CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4

I recomend TPM, Team Promotion.
Old 06-13-2004, 07:11 AM
Registered Member

Del La Sol 1320 has disabled reputation

its a little more costly than a track day, but i would recommend doing a school with good instruction, the most popular one being cornerspeed... track days usually have instructors floating around the track, but the rider to instructor ratio is much higher... i did my first track day after only riding like 2 months, thinking back at all the things i was doing wrong out there its a miracle i didn't wreck... if you sign up early its not that expensive, 275$ i think, but if you wait til the last minute there are like 75$ in extra fees they charge

i think alot of people are intimidated by it though, not the actual riding on the track, but thinking you need more stuff than you do, and that its too expensive... you can get a decent 2-piece suit off ebay for 250$ regularly, and like i said i have access to close out's from companies like teknic, alpinestars, spidi, etc. and would be willing to help find someone a 900$ suit for like 299$ to get started, you should already have gloves and a helmet, and boots can be had for under 100$ easy... people always ask me "don't you have to like do all kinds of stuff to your bike?", not really, safety wire your drain plug(they sell ones pre-drilled you can buy), drill the filler cap for your oil, and put a band clamp around your oil filter... you can do that using a standard drill and safety or lock wire which you might have around your house, if not it can be bought at Lowe's... pull the fuses associated to your head/tail lights and throw some masking tape over them and thats it... theres a decent hotel 15 minutes from VIR called Inn Keeper West, if your a AAA member its only 49$ a night, or you can camp for like 30$

even if you don't plan on being a racer i still think its an absolute must to do, you'll become a much better street rider, i credit the fact that i have not yet wrecked(by my own fault anyways) to having taken the class and doing track days... you learn things about yourself and your bike's abilities that you never could on the street, but if your ever in a situation where you have to take action to avoid a car or accidentally come into a turn too hot then you'll know what you and your tires can do, where if you had never been to the track you'd probably think you were at your bike's tires limit and bail

but like alwayslast said check out the sticky at the top, me and a bunch of really good people will be there if any of you need help or instruction, i know a bit about proper technique even if i can't apply it all to the track myself
Old 06-13-2004, 08:49 AM
_______

_____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____

thanks guys thats exactally what i needed to know.
Old 06-14-2004, 06:46 AM
Free Time

octane octane octane octane octane octane octane octane octane octane octane

Cornerspeed is great, I learned more in one day than I did in years of riding on my own. They run at VIR, someone posted the web link above. Look for shop or club sponsored track days too, or join a group like NESBA (www.nesba.com).
Old 06-14-2004, 10:22 AM
Chillaxin

Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6

Originally Posted by octane
Cornerspeed is great, I learned more in one day than I did in years of riding on my own. They run at VIR, someone posted the web link above. Look for shop or club sponsored track days too, or join a group like NESBA (www.nesba.com).
Wow, my R6 that i bought has a NESBA sticker on the windshield. I wonder if that makes me official, lol.

Quick Reply: Racing school?