Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Need some Welding done

Old 07-20-2004, 01:54 PM
Big Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cokinut is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Need some Welding done

Anyone know a good person to take my car to to get a skid plate welded to my resonator and my downpipe? How much should a job like this cost? thanx.
Old 07-20-2004, 01:58 PM
Registered Member

Greaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need some Welding done

got the materials? i can do something like that after work in about one hour. 20-30$ labor.
Old 07-20-2004, 02:03 PM
Big Member

cokinut is an unknown quantity at this point

since i know nothing about welding and materials, what kind of "plate" do i need, where can i get it, and how much?
Old 07-20-2004, 11:00 PM
i probably hate you

Mr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these parts

keven at muffler king in hampton is one of the best welders i have ever come across and his prices are unbeatable.
Old 07-21-2004, 06:09 AM
Registered Member

Greaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cokinut
since i know nothing about welding and materials, what kind of "plate" do i need, where can i get it, and how much?

well just a stip of 1/8"thick metal that is welded to two points to make a gradual angle istead of the muffler haning off the pipe and a nice 90 degree section to get ripped off by a curb or something.

its best to bring it to a shop that can look at the car and then design someething. My impression was that you had the materials and knew where you wanted it all mounted at.