Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Interior Fade!

Old 11-07-2004, 02:59 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BearNVa has a spectacular aura aboutBearNVa has a spectacular aura about
Default Interior Fade!

Ok guys/gals I've only had my car for about say 4mths now (it's an '04) and at first I was only using a damp cloth but that left it kinda dull. I started using armor all that kinda helped but left everything real slick. Finally yesterday I cleaned it and then applied a plastic polish and now my dash and door panals have real dull streaks and fading all over. I clean them again today then bought some "Mothers Back to Black" and they still look dull and kinda nasty for a new car. Can anyone help me or suggest something that will get rid of the dullness and bring back the shine? Has anybody else had this problem?
Old 11-07-2004, 03:03 PM
RAWR!%!#%!#

bensrex is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Interior Fade!

I used armor all, and at first.. yes, it's slick. But if you give it time to dry (maybe a day at most) - it will lose that "slick" feel/look and dry out.. and keep everything nice and black. Sounds to me like you jumped the gun a little bit and may have done more damage than good. I don't know what to suggest now.. but just letting you know what I did. I too have an 04 - but I used the armor all about 1 month ago after a year.
Old 11-07-2004, 03:16 PM
HHIC

Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite

Originally Posted by BearNVa
Ok guys/gals I've only had my car for about say 4mths now (it's an '04) and at first I was only using a damp cloth but that left it kinda dull. I started using armor all that kinda helped but left everything real slick. Finally yesterday I cleaned it and then applied a plastic polish and now my dash and door panals have real dull streaks and fading all over. I clean them again today then bought some "Mothers Back to Black" and they still look dull and kinda nasty for a new car. Can anyone help me or suggest something that will get rid of the dullness and bring back the shine? Has anybody else had this problem?

mild soap and a brush...you're going to have to scrub the ever living shit out of your dash to get that polish off it.

after that, use whatever you want as long as it's made to go ON THE DASH
Old 11-08-2004, 07:53 AM
Srsly.

Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts

don't put anything on your dash. Cars a built from the manufacturer to have a dull finish on the dash pad so you don't get a glare on your wind shield. Not to mention Armor All will dry and crack out the dash over time and will attract dust and shit to the dash and look gross.