Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Insurance and racing at the track

Old 08-21-2003, 06:07 AM
I'm not into cars

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
reXer has disabled reputation

Originally posted by reuter
if youre dumb enough to run your car 110 mph down a single lane, you should be willing to pay for what happens.
That's not the point. No one is saying they wouldn't take full responsibility if their car broke or they wrecked while racing it at the track. But let's say you broke your car at the track and needed it towed home. You pay for the damage, but somehow the insurance company found out you raced it at the track. They will up your coverage EVENTHOUGH you didn't even make a claim. It goes up just because you race at the track.
Old 08-21-2003, 02:32 PM
SPAWN OF A NEW OP!

THE BEAST is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a lot to say about this matter, but I dont have time to type it all, plus respond....

all in all your just a higher risk if you race your car....thats why it is higher
Old 08-21-2003, 06:17 PM

blackgloves is an unknown quantity at this point

YOu guys really should talk to Joey ,11secSS on TWR, I dont think he pays alot, from what I understood, it was normal insurance that also covered races that werent for money. He is a pretty hard core race guy, circle track, street, strip, ask him.