Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Hey Sung...did you know about this?

Old 08-21-2003, 03:27 PM
Team Ultraspeed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yell88CRXsi has disabled reputation
Default Hey Sung...did you know about this?

Back in the 60's & 70's there WAS a drag strip in Virginia Beach. It was at NOLF Creeds, which is just south of NAF Fentress.
I have been there...in fact I was there about two months ago, and it is still there! It's even owned by the City of Virginia Beach!
Currently the Cops using it for weapons training...I think. The Track is still visible, but it is in need of dire repair. Here's a link to show you a view of the airfield, and you can still see the track!

http://members.tripod.com/airfields...folk.htm#creeds

IMO, the real problem will not be finding a sponsor, or even a place away from everything to do it. It's all going to be about the old fucks (that bitch, the mayor included) who hate on our sport!

There is one other tool that we can use to show the city that this can work for all, at the same time that it can make money for city, plus making the streets safer.
The City of San Diego has a Street racing program that has been a big hit.

http://www.racelegal.com

Now if we could ever UNIFIED as a group...meaning the coming together as ONE single voice...we...THE VOTERS...could sell this.

It can be done, and IS being done, in San Diego.
Old 08-21-2003, 03:34 PM
Registered Member

toxic331 is an unknown quantity at this point

dman right man i'd do whatever it takes to get this thing started
Old 08-21-2003, 03:39 PM
DAAAANG & OHDAANG

MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch

if anything... LETS DO IT FOR OUR CHILDREN!! this really sounds like it could be possible. good find crx guy
Old 08-21-2003, 04:25 PM
Asshole Supreme

S dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud of

Yes, good find John. I guess it is all very possible with the right amount and type of support. I am willing to help as much as possible if needed.
Old 08-21-2003, 05:00 PM
Team Ultraspeed

Yell88CRXsi has disabled reputation

I really would like to start something, or even be apart of this, but the most important thing is to be organized. I'm sure that we could get the backing of DragVA users...this I'm sure of, but what about the older crowd. The ones that could relate more to the city counsel?
This is the "no shit" big league. It will be hard, and it will have much opposition. Don't forget those "not in my backyard people"
We would have to come up with answers to ever issue that they will bring forward to try and stop this. This means planning, and that means meetings. (not like the BS crew meetings that we all know of)
Would have to show all the facts. All the pros, and all the cons. Like:
Who's going to pay to build.
Who will run the facility.
How it will impact the surrounding area.
How to adhere Virginian law.
How to build a legal track.
How much would upkeep/running facility
How much to charge.
How to make it affordable to help keep the kids from doing it on the street.
Liability!
How it will help the community, and bring business to Virgina Beach. Remember...this will also be about MONEY!!!!
...Plus an few more things that I haven't even thought of yet.

It will be tough...but not impossible!

I will help

Last edited by Yell88CRXsi; 08-21-2003 at 05:02 PM.
Old 08-21-2003, 05:23 PM
eng
Administrator

eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng

I know a few people saw that back in the old thread that was started about opening a track in the area.

That's the best of the ones on that site that could be used as a track. But the money involved in setting up a venture like this is mind boggling. The insurance alone is a killer. Not to mention prepping the track surface.

Like you said it's not impossible but it will take the work of a few VERY dedicated people working very long and hard to get this off the ground. Finding these people will be the real challenge. The abandoned airfield is nice but isn't nearly as important. Since it doesn't save/gain you really all that much.
Old 08-21-2003, 06:42 PM
eng
Administrator

eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng

I see you've found the old thread and posted the exact same thing there.

No reason for two threads.

Original: http://www.dragva.com/forums/showthr...threadid=19681