Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

injectors?Power steering? Someone help!

Old 12-25-2005, 10:38 PM
Honda Love

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
crzyashell05 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default injectors?Power steering? Someone help!

ok i am having a little troulble trying to find out what is wrong with my car. My power steering is making a squeeling sound when i turn and i'm not sure if it is the pump or the belt...all i know is there is a sqeek when i start the car that sounds like a belt but it's only like two seconds long, but it could be another belt...and when the car is warming up and i turn the steering wheel the idle goes up for a few seconds and then goes back down...if anyone knows anything about power steering just let me know where to look so i can try to trace the problem.

Also i am having an engine problem...some of you may remember me posting a thread about gas getting into my oil and i'm down to bad seals,rings or injectors...when i'm driving everything is fine when i get up to speed but when i down shift or the rpm's drop my engine light comes on. I have noticed a little sputter when the rpm's drop and i'm hoping it's the injectors if anyone knows what that sounds like it could be just let me know because i'm not much of a mechanic...thanks

Oh and it's an 89 lude by the way
Old 12-26-2005, 09:42 AM
braap braap

Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod
Default Re: injectors?Power steering? Someone help!

It's most likely your belt squeeling. Tighten it up, or replace it.

Also, cars up the idle for when your using the powersteering.

Describe the siuation a little better on the gas thing.

(also this may be in the wrong section, since it's tech.)
Old 12-26-2005, 07:51 PM
Needs more poke.

Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada

its deffenatley the belt just tighten it up a bit, and im think its the injectors as far as the other proublem, another thing you could do is figure out what SES code is being thrown.
Old 12-27-2005, 06:03 AM
Team Ultraspeed

Yell88CRXsi has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by DerekBaker
its deffenatley the belt just tighten it up a bit, and im think its the injectors as far as the other proublem, another thing you could do is figure out what SES code is being thrown.
Ya, I'm with him. Tighten your belt up unless it is old and cracked...then just replace it. Belts don't cost that much!

I'm not seeing how fuel could be getting in you oil since the two can never come in contact with each other...well, except in the case of bad rings.

You definitely need to check your codes. If you are getting the dreaded 70-74 codes, then maybe your rings are bad. Well that, or you're getting shit for spark.
Old 12-29-2005, 05:14 PM
Honda Love

crzyashell05 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Yell88CRXsi
Ya, I'm with him. Tighten your belt up unless it is old and cracked...then just replace it. Belts don't cost that much!

I'm not seeing how fuel could be getting in you oil since the two can never come in contact with each other...well, except in the case of bad rings.

You definitely need to check your codes. If you are getting the dreaded 70-74 codes, then maybe your rings are bad. Well that, or you're getting shit for spark.
Shit for spark? as in maybe a bad spark..you think i should get a new dis. cap or msd ignition to help...i already got new wires which did help a lil. oh and the code i'm getting is o2 sensors which i replaced but same ol problem