Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

I'm now an elitist prick.

Old 02-05-2013, 06:46 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Igofast has disabled reputation
Default Re: I'm now an elitist prick.

Originally Posted by marlinspike
if I could just figure out a way to give it some negative camber in the front without buying camber plates.
Old 02-05-2013, 06:57 AM
Dickbutt #peentip

Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin

Originally Posted by Igofast
This.
Old 02-05-2013, 02:50 PM
Super Secret Agent

Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer

Originally Posted by Kris.Is.Foamin
This.
What exactly are you facepalming on? Unlike most BMW owners marlinspike knows exactly what he wants out of the car and what to do to achieve it. He is happy with the ride quality of the sport suspension and wants a little bit more negative camber with out lowering the vehicle.

It is possible to do without camber plates but you need the adjustment tool from BMW. Or, you could cheat it and knock the tab off the strut mount, loosen the 13mms holding it on and adjust it by sight with a big screw driver/pry bar.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:15 PM
ATGATT

marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike

Originally Posted by Igofast
This.
Why the facepalm? The car has a staggered tire setup and only runs about -0.6 deg camber in the front. Given that like all rwd roadcar suspensions the car adds positive camber the deeper you go into the suspension travel, this makes the car favor understeer. Happily, it favors it so slightly that simply moving the front camber to around -2.0 degrees would balance it. Sadly, the front camber isn't a normally adjustable aspect of the suspension of this car.

Originally Posted by Archer
What exactly are you facepalming on? Unlike most BMW owners marlinspike knows exactly what he wants out of the car and what to do to achieve it. He is happy with the ride quality of the sport suspension and wants a little bit more negative camber with out lowering the vehicle.

It is possible to do without camber plates but you need the adjustment tool from BMW. Or, you could cheat it and knock the tab off the strut mount, loosen the 13mms holding it on and adjust it by sight with a big screw driver/pry bar.
Time to find a ZDMak or Baum Tools version of the adjustment tool....

Last edited by marlinspike; 02-05-2013 at 03:17 PM.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:21 PM
Dickbutt #peentip

Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin

Sorry, I've been reading too many hondafag threads. Now I understand!

Driving this car is entirely different than anything I have really had the pleasure of driving. I'm enjoying it, but I'm missing boost terribly. I do have a pretty bad tramlining issue with the car, but I'm blaming it on the shit tires on the front. They're getting replaced soon- just can't make up my mind.

And yes, I've been over all the bushings and tie rods up front, no play. Loaded and unloaded.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:28 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Sorry, I've been reading too many hondafag threads. Now I understand!

Driving this car is entirely different than anything I have really had the pleasure of driving. I'm enjoying it, but I'm missing boost terribly. I do have a pretty bad tramlining issue with the car, but I'm blaming it on the shit tires on the front. They're getting replaced soon- just can't make up my mind.

And yes, I've been over all the bushings and tie rods up front, no play. Loaded and unloaded.
Did you say it was stock ride height?
Old 02-06-2013, 11:17 AM
Dickbutt #peentip

No, someone down the line put H&R springs in the rear and left the stockers up front. Why? No idear. Has Bilsteins all the way around.

Yes, I'm going to take care of it.