Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

I want to make...

Old 09-26-2007, 09:27 PM
Dickbutt #peentip

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin
I want to make...

A front lip and some sort of rear spoiler for my Del-Sol.

I figure- why don't I pick up a long 1" wide strip of aluminum. mount a few L-brackets to it, form it to my front bumper, and bolt it up like a normal lip? Paint it black, noone will ever notice. Cheap, and completes the look of the car. I can even trim it to look more like a type-R lip. Sure, it'll be flat and plain, but so is the stock civic lip. Any input?

To the ass of the car- the Sol has a HUGE ass trunk lid. It looks like it needs something. I was thinking of the stock Sol Si spoiler, but eh- too common. Again with the sheet aluminum, cep't this time a little bigger. Possibly a drag wing concept- maybe adjustible (even though that serves no point on the road) via turnbuckles? I'll see if I can draw something out. but in the meantime, do I have a good idea?

Any and all input is welcome. Flamesuit is zipped up and ready to go.
Old 09-26-2007, 09:34 PM
GO U!!

W33ZY is a name known to allW33ZY is a name known to allW33ZY is a name known to allW33ZY is a name known to allW33ZY is a name known to allW33ZY is a name known to all
Default Re: I want to make...

oh man thats a good idea the flamesuit that is good luck
Old 09-27-2007, 03:55 AM
c'mon

Dmac is a splendid one to beholdDmac is a splendid one to beholdDmac is a splendid one to beholdDmac is a splendid one to beholdDmac is a splendid one to beholdDmac is a splendid one to beholdDmac is a splendid one to behold

http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=964126
here goes a write up I saw on H-T a while ago they don't use metal but I think their idea works better anyways
Old 09-27-2007, 07:45 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

It sounds like you're really excited about ruining a perfectly good car with half-ass body mods. Don't mess with aluminum parts like that unless you have the fabrication skills and the tools to do it properly. There is a HUGE difference in appearance between properly done alum parts and driveway specials.. How are you planning on making anything but a completely flat wing for the rear?
Old 09-27-2007, 02:53 PM
Registered member

RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask

^^ same. . .

Aluminum will look half assed and will always be a 20 ft mod. . . do it right with some glass and molds.