Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

How much potential does your car have?

Old 09-20-2007, 11:58 AM
Taking the shot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
QwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these parts
Default How much potential does your car have?

So after viewing the M6 vs Z06 thread the Brian posted, it gotme thinking will my car ever be able to do something like that? How much potential does car have, will it ever be able to compete with cars such as the Z06 with out being a completly gutted race car?

I currently drive a 96 GT and like everyone else I have grand dreams of being able to pull up next to some random supercar or even just higher end car and being able to leave them in the dust or at least hang door to door with them. But what would it take for my car to do that? 03/04 cobra motor swap? Huge turbo able to suck in small children? A tank of NOS..no wait two of them by tonight(F&F reference if you missed it) After all of that would i still be able to keep up, or even if i did would I been in a gutted, bouncy, loud race car why the competition enjoys their leather seats and ac/heated cup holders?

I thought this would be an interesting topic because i've seen many people who have huge plans for their cars and wondered what goals they were shooting for wether realistic or just pipe dreams.

So how much potential does your car have?
Old 09-20-2007, 12:01 PM
Banned

Kyon Kyon Kyon
Default Re: How much potential does your car have?

450rwhp for 5k and i get to keep my comfy leather M3 interior a/c and smooth suspension

now i just need that 5k
Old 09-20-2007, 12:10 PM
Drink Up, Chumps

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

I drive an SUV.

The only potential I have is rolling over.
Old 09-20-2007, 12:14 PM
www.CM-R.net

CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing

The way I see it, all cars have the potential to be equal within their own "class".

Ex: I will never be able to make a crx hang with an F1, thats just impossible.

Could I spank an M3 while keeping my ac/heat and interior? Shit yeah.. why not.
Old 09-20-2007, 12:16 PM
Taking the shot

QwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by blah
I drive an SUV.

The only potential I have is rolling over.
you had a sexy car, my sisters husband just bought a new 335 bimmer OMGZ buttsex get one
Old 09-20-2007, 12:16 PM
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous

If I felt like dropping the cash I could certainly put a TT on the Cobra and have 800 whp.

Add a built block and turn up the boost

Little suspension work in the front
Old 09-20-2007, 12:18 PM
Autophobic

CivicDuty has much to be proud ofCivicDuty has much to be proud ofCivicDuty has much to be proud ofCivicDuty has much to be proud ofCivicDuty has much to be proud ofCivicDuty has much to be proud ofCivicDuty has much to be proud ofCivicDuty has much to be proud ofCivicDuty has much to be proud ofCivicDuty has much to be proud ofCivicDuty has much to be proud of

put 3k into my factory k20a3, and you got your self a supercharged killer hatch with 220+- whp
Old 09-20-2007, 12:18 PM
Needs more poke.

Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada

In order to get my car to fun with Z06s and what not it would deffinatley need a more powerful turbo motor and be a gutted out, loud, and bouncy. O wait it already is gutted, loud, and bouncy. Looks like all i need is a more powerful motor!
Old 09-20-2007, 12:21 PM
Taking the shot

Originally Posted by NFCstang
If I felt like dropping the cash I could certainly put a TT on the Cobra and have 800 whp.

Add a built block and turn up the boost

Little suspension work in the front
heres another question i've been having how come you can put down 500hp in one car ( ex: Z06) and it seems like there are alot less issues with traction as oppose to if i was putting down 500hp in a mustang id have tons more issues with traction? Is it just a suspension issue? Car design?
Old 09-20-2007, 12:22 PM
www.CM-R.net

CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing

Originally Posted by QwanSanchez
heres another question i've been having how come you can put down 500hp in one car ( ex: Z06) and it seems like there are alot less issues with traction as oppose to if i was putting down 500hp in a mustang id have tons more issues with traction? Is it just a suspension issue? Car design?
The car is designed with the power level in mind...

Quick Reply: How much potential does your car have?