Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

How to get a new title?

Old 02-01-2007, 05:27 AM
misunderestimated

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yamamaha has disabled reputation
Default How to get a new title?

Hey guys, maybe someone on here can help me out on this one. I just bought a car about 2 months ago, but the title was never transferred to the guys name who sold it to me. Basically, ill just use some fakey names to help explain.

I bought the car from George, who bought it from John. John initially sold the car to George sometime back in August of 2006, but George never went to get it titled in his name. Instead, he held onto the title, and decided to sell it. After I checked the car out, i looked at the title. It had scratches through the sale information at the bottom, but (being ignorant about the title) I didnt think anything about it. I put my info there, and tried to take it to dmv, which they declined me to get it changed over. They told me i needed a bill of sale with the title.

What my question is now, how can i get a new title? Can i just submit for one, and have it come to me somehow, even though its in another person's name? I mean, the signature for the title, and the mileage for the car is all good, but do i still need a new title, or will a bill of sale work with the f'ed up title?

I have been talking to John about sending me a bill of sale, but he keeps putting me off. I just dont want to have him go to dmv to request a new title and have it mailed to him, because thats a lot of trouble for him, and will make me wait longer to get the car on the road.
Old 02-02-2007, 11:37 AM
Registered member

Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT
Default Re: How to get a new title?

JUST MAKE ONE UP YOUR SELF. Have someone sign his name and you sign yours good to go. if he wont give you a real one you have no other choice.
Old 02-02-2007, 11:49 AM
Banned

KyleVA is an unknown quantity at this point

counterfeit, hell yeah.
Old 02-02-2007, 11:50 AM
Srsly.

Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by J-Davis
JUST MAKE ONE UP YOUR SELF. Have someone sign his name and you sign yours good to go. if he wont give you a real one you have no other choice.
Old 02-02-2007, 12:31 PM
www.CM-R.net

CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing

Is that really all you have to do? I am going through another process right now to get a title because of the same situation.

I would really like to know if i can just bring the bill of sale with the fucked up title. Anyone have first hand experience???
Old 02-02-2007, 12:33 PM
VAdriven Sponsor

slowb20civic slowb20civic slowb20civic slowb20civic slowb20civic slowb20civic slowb20civic slowb20civic slowb20civic slowb20civic slowb20civic

Originally Posted by J-Davis
make your own bill of sale, & have a friend notorize it
Old 02-02-2007, 12:45 PM
Registered member

Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT

ive had to do it in the past..
Old 02-02-2007, 02:17 PM
Tattoo man

93civicgone has disabled reputation

alright ive gone through this same situation already numerous times, ok the title is fucked you can just throw it away, bill of sale wont help, ok best and easiest to do is get intouch with the original owner on the title get him to replace it, cost 10 bucks, then sign it to you that simple, if you can get intouch with that owner, you file for abandoned vehicle, which send letter to owner stating you would like to title the car, they either write back yes and thats it, or they dont do anything wait 30 days go back to dmv then pay taxes and fees and its yours, that is 100 legit way to do it, dont believe me then owell, its it....you cant make a bill of sale all that does is show purchase price for taxes, with the title being signed more than once it is invalid and wont work, a bill of sale can be just wrote up but not without the correct title, and for future referance you could of had the last owner title it and then sig it to you but you didnt read, where on the title did you fill your information, if you pay attention there isnt anywhere for it, look at the decription you prob. wrote it next to dealer assignment or something thats why its invalid
Old 02-02-2007, 02:19 PM
Tattoo man

93civicgone has disabled reputation

Last edited by 93civicgone; 02-03-2007 at 09:27 AM.