Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Having title issues, please, I need advice on what to do!!!

Old 12-31-2010, 05:56 AM
The Pro to call.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic
Default Re: Having title issues, please, I need advice on what to do!!!

Originally Posted by RandomTask
I hate you and love you so much right now. . . +
If it makes you feel better that same year I had 21k in bad debt to the shop. One guy took a $5500 job off the lot at night with a spare key and the local PD would not do a goddamn thing about it. By the time I got fed up with them dicking around and called the VASP, the guy was long gone and in Mexico.

So...even with getting that vehicle, I still lost a LOT of money that year. Not to mention that truck had a blown engine cause dude drove it from RI to MD with no coolant. At all.

As in the oil filter housing was a melted pile of plastic blown engine.
Old 12-31-2010, 08:53 AM
Boost is Better

sircrx sircrx sircrx sircrx sircrx sircrx sircrx sircrx sircrx sircrx sircrx

If you don't get the title soon I would do a couple things. Try more than one DMV in hopes that one person will be lazy and overlook the sig, Done before and worked for me. If not just get a friend to forge it. Highly illegal though and you do take a chance that the father did not want to sell the car and will report it stolen and could go south VERY quick. Don't sign it yourself and then you can act dumb and say it was already signed. Although this thread will kill that attempt but it has worked for me when I purchased a car that had two owners and only one signed and once when the guy forgot to sign the right line and I wasn't about to make the 14 hour trip to pay the guy a visit nor was I going to mail him the title and have him have the unsigned title back to his car so he could claim he never sold it.

I don't recommend it but just telling you it has worked for me.

I would leave the sons name there and just get the fathers signiature on it some how and the dmv shouldn't have an issue with an extra signiature on it as it wouldn't make a difference as long as the correct sig is on the title.

Last edited by sircrx; 12-31-2010 at 08:55 AM.
Old 12-31-2010, 08:56 AM
FUCKIN MAGNETS

shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22

Just forge his dad's name. Problem solved.
Old 12-31-2010, 10:12 AM
BNB MOTORWORX

tegboy757 tegboy757 tegboy757 tegboy757 tegboy757 tegboy757 tegboy757 tegboy757 tegboy757 tegboy757 tegboy757

you can do an abandon title on it all you have to do is file the paper work dosent matter if you have a bill of sale or not cause the abandon title process is a completely different process. i did the same for a s14 my lady purchased for me this past summer, the guy gave her a title that had been signed by him and the previous owner so it was useless did a search and found out the car was actually titled in texas it took almost two months but i now have a clear title for the car. process isnt very expensive(less then 100) but its time consuming, mine took about two months but that was from texas ive had VA claims go a little faster. good luck with it
Old 12-31-2010, 06:36 PM
Registered member

Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2

Originally Posted by shawn22
Just forge his dad's name. Problem solved.
Apparently this option wasn't popular?
Old 12-31-2010, 06:49 PM
Registered Member

benjinos93 benjinos93 benjinos93 benjinos93

well hopefully the kid isn't feeding me bullshit. it's a maryland title and i don't know of they can mail them out or not but that is what he said they were supposed to do. what i might do is try to sign his dad's name on the co-seller part an see if that will work, seeing as his kid signed it already, i don't think it could make matters any worse. but either way, I'll get it worked out somehow, yall have given me plenty of ideas on things i can do and i appreciate all the positive comments