Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Having title issues, please, I need advice on what to do!!!

Old 12-27-2010, 11:43 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
benjinos93 benjinos93 benjinos93 benjinos93
Exclamation Having title issues, please, I need advice on what to do!!!

Hey guys, I purchased a car off here a few months back from this dude, his name on here is in-vius. Anyway, this dude signed his name on the title before i came to get the car and i looked at the title after I signed it an saw that the car was titled in his dad's name. I live in VA, he's in Maryland an DMV wouldn't do anything with the title, they said i need a duplicate with his dad's signature on it instead. So I got back in touch with him, told him what was up, and he said he would get it straight when his dad came back in town last week an mail a duplicate to me. I haven't heard shit from him. I've called him an left voicemails, texted him, and even PM'd him on here with no response so I know he is avoiding me. needless to say, I'm pretty fucking pissed. So what I would like to ask everyone is:

is there any way i can get around getting a duplicate to get it titled in my name?

I have a bill of sale from when I bought it but he signed that too, and i got the title that has his sig. so is there something I could do with these things to get it taken care of?

I don't like to name drop but I put his user name in this post because what he is doing is wrong and i feel that everyone should be warned about shady characters like this guy.

Thanks for any advice, I'd love to get this thing put in my name considering I've already dropped over $500 on parts for the car already
Old 12-27-2010, 11:47 AM
Troll & Run

ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD
Default Re: Having title issues, please, I need advice on what to do!!!

Originally Posted by benjinos93
Hey guys, I purchased a car off here a few months back from this dude, his name on here is in-vius. Anyway, this dude signed his name on the title before i came to get the car and i looked at the title after I signed it an saw that the car was titled in his dad's name. I live in VA, he's in Maryland an DMV wouldn't do anything with the title, they said i need a duplicate with his dad's signature on it instead. So I got back in touch with him, told him what was up, and he said he would get it straight when his dad came back in town last week an mail a duplicate to me. I haven't heard shit from him. I've called him an left voicemails, texted him, and even PM'd him on here with no response so I know he is avoiding me. needless to say, I'm pretty fucking pissed. So what I would like to ask everyone is:

is there any way i can get around getting a duplicate to get it titled in my name?

I have a bill of sale from when I bought it but he signed that too, and i got the title that has his sig. so is there something I could do with these things to get it taken care of?

I don't like to name drop but I put his user name in this post because what he is doing is wrong and i feel that everyone should be warned about shady characters like this guy.

Thanks for any advice, I'd love to get this thing put in my name considering I've already dropped over $500 on parts for the car already
invent a time machine
go back in time
read the title before buying(crazy right?)
????
profit
Old 12-27-2010, 11:51 AM
MARK IT ZERO

ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout

Old 12-27-2010, 11:53 AM
Dickbutt #peentip

Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin

Jesus christ, you're an idiot
Old 12-27-2010, 11:59 AM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

I dont see the problem.

You didnt read the title and make sure it was signed right, and now are trying to figure out how to get it fixed?

Sounds like the DMV told you correctly, I don't see what the problem is? Unless you are too goddamn lazy to go meet him and get it fixed.

You have the dads contact info (on the title) go pay him a visit.
Old 12-27-2010, 12:39 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Kris.Is.Foamin
Jesus christ, you're an idiot
Fuck you man, You are a fucking prick. I ask for advice and of course, just like how it always is on this site, someone has to be a fucking douche bag.
I didn't tell that fucker to sign the title before I got there, but he did and maybe I did make a mistake by signing it before looking but I can't build a fucking time machine to go back in time so how about yall stop being smart asses and only post on my thread if you have something productive to say, I made a mistake, I'm fucking human but i don't need to hear everyone's smart ass comments so please, if you must feel the need to be a bitch and say some stupid shit, go say it to whoever's dick your sucking, I bet they will love to hear it.

As for getting in touch with his dad, well shit, that sounds like a good idea, only I don't know what his number is plus dude said he was out of town. I have the kids number who sold it to me, but he won't answer me. I know some people on here are saying, "geez what a jackass" about me for doing what I did but I don't wana hear that shit, I jus need some logical advice on what else I can possibly do instead of hearing some stupid ass shit that makes me even more retarded just by reading it
Old 12-27-2010, 12:43 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by HatefulMechanic
I dont see the problem.

You didnt read the title and make sure it was signed right, and now are trying to figure out how to get it fixed?

Sounds like the DMV told you correctly, I don't see what the problem is? Unless you are too goddamn lazy to go meet him and get it fixed.

You have the dads contact info (on the title) go pay him a visit.
I didn't say DMV told me wrong, and no I'm not to god damn lazy to go up there, I already told him I would but like I said he won't answer me and no I really don't feel like driving 4 fucking hours to Maryland when he could just man up, handle it like a real straight up dude would and mail it to me.

Please, if no one has any suggestions on what else I can do, STAY THE FUCK OFF THIS THREAD!!!
Old 12-27-2010, 12:47 PM
Registered member

BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake

ok well you have the father's address, fuckin look it up in the white pages and get his number. with a little searching it bet you could get all the info you wanted and more.
Old 12-27-2010, 12:47 PM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

Originally Posted by benjinos93
I didn't say DMV told me wrong, and no I'm not to god damn lazy to go up there, I already told him I would but like I said he won't answer me and no I really don't feel like driving 4 fucking hours to Maryland when he could just man up, handle it like a real straight up dude would and mail it to me.

Please, if no one has any suggestions on what else I can do, STAY THE FUCK OFF THIS THREAD!!!

As far as the VA DMV is concerned, the person you bought it off of has no say in the matter.

The person you need to deal with is who is on the title. You have his info, Google works wonders in getting a phone number. Or just send him a certified letter.

There are many ways to handle this correctly, but dealing with someone who is ducking you is not one of them.

BTW...there is a DMV question thread also.
Old 12-27-2010, 12:50 PM
Registered Member

He has no listing in the white pages, I've already checked man. I have his son's number but thats doin me no good.

Someone told me i can do something like put an ad in a paper for an abandoned vehicle an i guess if no one answers the ad in a certain amount of time then it becomes mine? has anyone ever heard of anyone doing this?

Quick Reply: Having title issues, please, I need advice on what to do!!!