Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Need advice on whether to buy this car

Old 11-24-2009, 09:09 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jdc29500 has disabled reputation
Default Need advice on whether to buy this car

I have been looking for a rsx for a while now. i finally found one.A guy had it who owns a shop in cheasepeake that buys japanese cars from auctions and resells them. So i went to the house today to look at the car. It was a newly painted Black 03rsx 5 speed.The car waas very nice and had an unbeatable price (an 03RSX w/70k miles for only 7500) except for when I asked to test drive it. He said one of the lugs on the shock was messed up and the ride in the car would not be smooth. So it was basically a no to the test drive.He said he was going to replace it and the car would be in perfect condition by next week and then i could test drive it. What I do not understand is that he drove the car to his house from his shop which is a good 45 minutes away.If it was fine on the way to his house then why wouldn't he let me drive it? It sounds really sketchy but i have been looking for an rsx for a couple of months and I am tired of it.So im basically just ready to settle. Also the car had been in an accident. He claims that it was only a fender bender.He showedme wht parts of the car he had to replace then he showed me some vin number on the lower hood and said that the number was proof that it was an original hood. for all i know the number could mean any thing.Be fore I left, I asked if he could email me picks of the accident.He responded by saying that he would, but theres really no need to.then he said he doesnt sell bad cars and that his business runs off mostly customer referals.He gave me a list of a about 30 people i could call that he had sold cars to in the past.he sounds kind of sketchy but he always has a ton of customers and he barely advertises. After wards I test drove a g35 he was selling which was the cickest car i had ever driven.He always talks about how the cars he sells from his house and chesapeake are top of the line and have good quality and how he would never sell a a car that would have problems to anyone. Should I buy the rsx?

Last edited by jdc29500; 11-24-2009 at 10:07 PM.
Old 11-24-2009, 09:16 PM
psycho jungle cat

Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift
Default Re: Need advice on whether to buy this car

Get pics of the accident and have someone go with you who is good at spotting bodywork, get a carfax, and what people say about they dont sell bad cars and this and that doesn't mean shit to you.

The number on the hood should match the VIN of the car, so it wont be just any random numbers/letters.

Nobody can tell you if you should by it based off what you say as none of us have seen it, that's on you.
Old 11-24-2009, 09:23 PM
Registered Member

thaanks alot mmanIm probs going to try and get a prepurchase inspestion at a shop or W/e its called be fore i buy it and look at the accident pics. Iw as originally trying to find a type-s but they're really hard to find with low miles. U know of any by chance?or s2ks or si's
Old 11-24-2009, 09:28 PM
psycho jungle cat

Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift

Originally Posted by jdc29500
thaanks alot mmanIm probs going to try and get a prepurchase inspestion at a shop or W/e its called be fore i buy it and look at the accident pics. Iw as originally trying to find a type-s but they're really hard to find with low miles. U know of any by chance?or s2ks or si's
Fix your post and we will continue, not trying to decipher that jibba jabba.
Old 11-24-2009, 09:34 PM
Desolation

Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch

Of course he is going to tell you he sells only cars of the highest quality job...he is a used car salesman. I personally wouldn't buy the car under the circumstances you have stated, but if you've got a hard-on for it take Spindrift's advice and have a body man look at the car for signs of repair. Don't buy the car just because you're tired of looking, thats how you wind up with a bad decision; take your time and find the right one.
Old 11-24-2009, 09:53 PM
Registered Member

Thanks alot man, I am going to get a prepurchase inspection at a shop before I initially make the purchase. I am also going to definately look at the pictures for the accident. The past couple of months I have spent numerous hours each week looking for a new car. I was originally trying to find an Acura rsx type-s ,but they were extremely hard to find with low miles on the odometer.
Currently, I am also interested in Honda s2000's,honda civic SI's,and toyota tocomas;not just RSXes.Would you happen to know of any good deals?

Last edited by jdc29500; 11-24-2009 at 10:01 PM.
Old 11-24-2009, 10:12 PM
Registered Member

By the way I do not know anything about car parts.......I think what he said was wrong with the car, was that one of the shocks had a bad lug. He said it was common in a lot of cars and that it was not a serious problem.Is this BS? and is it a serious problem? Then he said all he had to do was replace one of the shocks and there would not be a problem and the ride would be smooth. At the same time he said he did not purchase cars that had bad suspension, because it was a big risk to mess with the suspension.Wouldn't the lug and the shock be part of the suspension though?or are they different ,like I said I do not know anything about cars.

Last edited by jdc29500; 11-24-2009 at 10:18 PM.
Old 11-25-2009, 02:25 AM
Troll & Run

ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD

Clearly you don't know a lot about cars because you are hell bent on an RSX.
Old 11-25-2009, 02:46 AM
MARK IT ZERO

ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout

Are you familiar with carfax?

And grammar, spelling, and punctuation?

And I'm pretty sure there are several RSX's for sale on here. Pass up the POS and get something legit.
Old 11-25-2009, 03:41 AM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

i bet money i know who it is....

Quick Reply: Need advice on whether to buy this car