Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Ford XR4TI

Old 02-11-2003, 05:56 PM
~

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nickyroo has disabled reputation
Default Ford XR4TI

i saw a ford xr4ti today on my way home and the guy gave me a nice blow-off valve salute as he drove by me. i had never even heard of those things til today. i came home and did some research. 200hp and good torque in a tiny ass car. its kinda like a US version of the cosworth.
Old 02-11-2003, 07:03 PM
brake/steer/throttle

ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek

yep. sierra. same 2.3 as mustangs, only from the hands of cossie.
Old 02-11-2003, 07:10 PM
NOTA WRX

Silver Sube 01 is an unknown quantity at this point

What color was it? Could have been Ebonomo, he hangs out at P-town alot, along with his two sons. Very cool older guy, that is if it was a dark blue and grey. He's running I believe a T3/T4 custom set-up with a built block, and nitrous. There is also a red one rolling around with the Cossie rear wing, and I've seen a white one with a front mount. Actually, I think all of them have a front mount.
Old 02-11-2003, 08:30 PM
In Hoc Signo Vinces

I4Stang I4Stang I4Stang I4Stang I4Stang I4Stang I4Stang I4Stang I4Stang I4Stang I4Stang

what the fuck is a XR4TI?
Old 02-11-2003, 08:35 PM
Once and future King.

LCR III is an unknown quantity at this point

Ford imported and sold some of their euro models here under the Merkur brand. They were sold at Lincoln-Mercury dealers back in the '80s.
Old 02-11-2003, 08:43 PM

Fastiva is an unknown quantity at this point

actually, they came without intercoolers
Old 02-12-2003, 03:47 AM
master debater

blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout

they weigh a shit-ton. i have never been impressed with these cars, not even remotely.

and from what i hear, the guy that comes out to ptown gets his ass handed to him all the time.
Old 02-12-2003, 07:31 AM
Registered Member

FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam

what the fuck is a XR4TI?
Kids these days...jeez, i swear. Look it up, its as fast as it is ugly!

they weigh a shit-ton. i have never been impressed with these cars, not even remotely.
Well, mine tips the scales at a hair over 2,400lbs...Maybe i need YOUR deffinition of a "shit-ton"... Oh, and how about 237rwhp with about $250 worth of mods when it came stock at 152rwhp WITHOUT an intercooler!!!(rated at 175). Might not impress you, but i can be humbling.

Kevin - owner of a '85 XR...and damn proud.
Old 02-12-2003, 07:33 AM
Patron

soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion

They sold like shit, since they were only available at said Lincoln-Mercury dealers.
Old 02-12-2003, 10:06 AM
RS Doscientos

litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic

dude.. they sold like shit becuae no one knew what hte fuck they were... jesus christ.. 4 years on the lot and you think they would be the best selling..????
Merkur- German translation of MERCURY.. no wonder they sold on lincoln mercury lot's...

They dont weigh all that much.. stock everythine on them they top out about 2900 full leather electric everything....

Non intercooled.. and which guy goes out to p-town.. dont get me wrong some merk's are fast.. and some arnt... the auto's dont relaly have alot to say.. they either are slow or god awful fast.. theres not much inbetween for the auto merks...

Im just surprised that people can come on here and talk all this trash but yet not know anything about the car.. I dont talk shit about honda's unless I know them.. and I do know what a GSR is and is capable of.. and an s2000.. other than that I have pretty much kept my mouth shut.. thought I might be able to get a little respect back... piss on little fords all you want.. but driving this car is nothing like driving a fast car.. this car is just a blast to drive.. and I would never part with it.. unless I would be able to buy another... its an addiction.. you either hate or love or dont have a clue... hate all you want.. just more I will be able to love

The blue one that guy was talking about is a nice merk.. just has a little c3 as a tranny and isnt all that quick at certain times.. he will take you on the strip but the interstate he doesnt have much.. he should be topping out around 110... I havent talked to him.. just the guy who built the car.. the guy who built the car has a red one that is even more of a bad ass.. with a 5 speed.. so he will just straight up stomp anything over a 13...

Last edited by litlespic; 02-12-2003 at 11:45 AM.

Quick Reply: Ford XR4TI