Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Dyno results at 20psi...

Old 12-30-2006, 03:38 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nissanfanatic has disabled reputation
Default Re: Dyno results at 20psi...

I dynoed it down here in Florida at a shop called "Rollins" in Gainesville. I come down here every chance I get so I can race my car somewhere other than on the internet....
Old 12-30-2006, 03:48 PM
what you lookin at?

s13nnva23 has disabled reputation

i know he switched to a bigger i/c i was just saying the f/a ratio wasnt bad but someone said it was sheesh.
Old 12-30-2006, 06:28 PM
Registered Member

Old 01-02-2007, 05:02 PM
Reppin The DOHC

turbofordummies turbofordummies turbofordummies turbofordummies turbofordummies turbofordummies turbofordummies turbofordummies turbofordummies turbofordummies turbofordummies

very nice numbers whats it run in the quarter?
Old 01-03-2007, 06:13 AM
Built, HTA, V9

japslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these parts

unless he switches tires.... 13.9@115
Old 01-03-2007, 06:23 PM
Registered Member

12.6@122.3

I've done a 2.07 60' on current setup.

I focus a lot more on trap speed than ET.
Old 01-03-2007, 08:23 PM
Built, HTA, V9

japslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by nissanfanatic
12.6@122.3

I focus a lot more on trap speed than ET.
Dump the clutch at 6k with street tires on then... I'm sure you could run a 13.5@ 130.

If you're trying to save drivetrain components, that's one thing. But I'd take a 11.5@120 over a 12.0@130 anyday.
FWD 60's.
Old 01-04-2007, 02:51 AM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by japslapr
Dump the clutch at 6k with street tires on then... I'm sure you could run a 13.5@ 130.

If you're trying to save drivetrain components, that's one thing. But I'd take a 11.5@120 over a 12.0@130 anyday.
FWD 60's.
spinning doesn't effect MPH. MPH is determined by powerband vs the gearing. As long as you shift the same (I.E. using the same RPM ranges) your MPH will be the same no matter how much you spin on the launch.
Old 01-04-2007, 06:01 AM
Built, HTA, V9

Originally Posted by HighPSI TSi Guy
spinning doesn't effect MPH. MPH is determined by powerband vs the gearing. As long as you shift the same (I.E. using the same RPM ranges) your MPH will be the same no matter how much you spin on the launch.
I think I'm pretty good at asking questions when I simply don't know and trying not to come off as I know it all... but in this case, I'm going to have to disagree. 60ft time does certainly effect mph. It is "normal" to run a faster ET at a lower mph by cutting a better 60ft.
Old 01-04-2007, 08:13 AM
Registered Member

Well its true man.. Back when I was trapping 107, I ran a 14.1, 14.0 and 13.4 all with trapping 106-107 the whole time... You usually just trap slower when you get traction because you tend to shift differntly/apply power differently and you will use a different RPM(engine will bog more than normal)on the launch... I feather the throttle a lot trying to get traction..

MPH is a direct reflection of a car's power/weight ratio..

And there is no way I could trap 130 on my current power level.. I'm thinking I'll need somewhere around 500whp to trap 130..

Yea sure, its FWD 60's.... You are entitled to your opinion.. I would just rather have a fast car than a quick car...

Quick Reply: Dyno results at 20psi...