Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Casey VW, or any other dealership for that matter

Old 11-19-2008, 05:13 AM
Your Local DSM Tech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD
Default Casey VW, or any other dealership for that matter

Has anyone else had any problems with Casey VW? It seems like it's always one thing after another with them.
  1. Casey stated the car needed winshield wipers @ 14K miles, so they put the wiper blades on without our approval and tried to charge us $49
  2. When the car was purchased, we were given 2 years of free oil changes by the financial manager. They now are saying they will not accept the cards as the financial manager is no longer working there.
  3. Now the car is sounding an alarm for the car not heating up. So obviously the temp sensor went bad and they want the car dropped off for repairs under warranty. They stated we can pay for a loaner vehicle since the VW is the only transportation atm.

Seriously Casey is going down the shitter... or wait maybe they have been in the shitter for a while and I never realized it. I guess a phone call to Art Casey will have to be made <sigh>.

Has anyone else been told they would have to pay for a loaner vehicle when their car is in for warranty work? Has anyone else had any issues with Casey?
Old 11-19-2008, 05:22 AM
This.isEntertainment

Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn
Default Re: Casey VW, or any other dealership for that matter

wow. dude i'd call VW of ameraica, they will get it straightend out. supposedly VW has one of the top customer services out of all car makes.

good luck. and DAMN volkswagens breaking down all the time
Old 11-19-2008, 05:25 AM
Classified Moderator

Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby

WOW... yes a call to faggot ass Art Casey is what you need to do.
Old 11-19-2008, 05:28 AM
What's next?

NVR KNO NVR KNO NVR KNO NVR KNO NVR KNO NVR KNO NVR KNO NVR KNO NVR KNO NVR KNO NVR KNO

Sorry to hear that man....

At the dealership I work at, Im in sales, if you buy a NEW vehicle and it needs any type of service.... Be warranty work or an oil change, we provide a FREE rental for the first 3years or 36000 miles.

For used vehicles its alil different.... Depending on the type of service contract or extended warranty you buy, you may or may not be eligible for a FREE rental. But we try to help out our customers as much as possible....

Dealing with the FREE oil changes from the financial manager.... Well Ive never heard of that before. Either the owner of the dealership approves that or not. A manager cant do that.

With the windshield wipers, unfortunately, service departments will do that.... Anywhere pretty much. They try to make money anywhere they can.

Sorry to hear your bad experience, but not EVERY dealership is like that....

Definitely make a call to the owner.... He'll get it straight for you.
Old 11-19-2008, 05:31 AM
UNCE UNCE UNCE UNCE

....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ....

Fuck dealerships. They are so unhelpful.
Old 11-19-2008, 05:31 AM
Registered member

TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan

Well it IS a VW :P

Never dealt with Casey VW, I did deal with their Honda and was not impressed whatsoever.
Old 11-19-2008, 05:52 AM
I wupped Batmans ass

euro sport is a name known to alleuro sport is a name known to alleuro sport is a name known to alleuro sport is a name known to alleuro sport is a name known to alleuro sport is a name known to alleuro sport is a name known to all

I've been into VW's for a looooong time and Casey VW has always had the worst rep out of the 3 major VW dealerships in our area. Greenbrier VW wasn't much better, and Checkered Flag VW was the best. The only thing Casey ever had that was decent were good mechanics/techs, but you are having an issue with the service managers, which is a whole different deal. My opinion of the dealerships is very general and represents shit I've seen over the last 10 years or so. Things may be different now... so who knows. Either way, I still take my shit to CFVW if I need something that I can't do myself.
Old 11-19-2008, 06:15 AM
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

Originally Posted by Hybrid AWD
Has anyone else had any problems with Casey VW? It seems like it's always one thing after another with them.

Casey stated the car needed winshield wipers @ 14K miles, so they put the wiper blades on without our approval and tried to charge us $49
I definitely would fight that. I never have my techs do any work without customers approval agreeing to the price. Fight it!

When the car was purchased, we were given 2 years of free oil changes by the financial manager. They now are saying they will not accept the cards as the financial manager is no longer working there.
I would speak with the GM/Service Manager or Director on this being the issue involves sales and service. Just because a Sales or Finance Manager agrees to offer you free service work, he must have that in writing so service knows that it was approved. Without it, the Service dept is under no obligation to perform free work (personally, If I was the writer, I'd just bill the Sales dept). Remember those are two different departments and different funding and accounts within the dealership. Our Sales Managers do offer free services for a purchase for certain deals and all and also put it in writing so when we get it, I know it and know who to bill.

Now the car is sounding an alarm for the car not heating up. So obviously the temp sensor went bad and they want the car dropped off for repairs under warranty. They stated we can pay for a loaner vehicle since the VW is the only transportation atm.

Has anyone else been told they would have to pay for a loaner vehicle when their car is in for warranty work? Has anyone else had any issues with Casey?
That all depends. Some dealers have a loaner car fleet program to give out as a courtesy(which is usually free) and some do not. If they don't they could put you in a rental IF the criteria of your warranty repair is authorized by VW I know KIA does not cover nor authorize rental vehicles for warranty repairs at all. Subaru will cover rentals up to $20 a day if the repair takes longer than 1 day to complete.
Old 11-19-2008, 06:50 AM
<3

elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz

Originally Posted by Woodrow
I definitely would fight that. I never have my techs do any work without customers approval agreeing to the price. Fight it!

I would speak with the GM/Service Manager or Director on this being the issue involves sales and service. Just because a Sales or Finance Manager agrees to offer you free service work, he must have that in writing so service knows that it was approved. Without it, the Service dept is under no obligation to perform free work (personally, If I was the writer, I'd just bill the Sales dept). Remember those are two different departments and different funding and accounts within the dealership. Our Sales Managers do offer free services for a purchase for certain deals and all and also put it in writing so when we get it, I know it and know who to bill.

That all depends. Some dealers have a loaner car fleet program to give out as a courtesy(which is usually free) and some do not. If they don't they could put you in a rental IF the criteria of your warranty repair is authorized by VW I know KIA does not cover nor authorize rental vehicles for warranty repairs at all. Subaru will cover rentals up to $20 a day if the repair takes longer than 1 day to complete.
I agree with everything said here. We don't have any loaner cars at our Toyota dealership, but we have a rental department which the customer can choose to use for a discount. Toyota only covers a rental for warranty work if its a safety issue and the car must stay longer than one day. Now our BMW dealership has loaners, but that's because BMW gives a loaner for any type of service you leave your car for, and our dealership has to comply with that. Different makes, different rules.