Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

need help with 2000 jetta!! ASAP!!

Old 11-18-2008, 05:13 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sshhbequiet can only hope to improve
Default need help with 2000 jetta!! ASAP!!

whats up guys, one of my radiator hoses broke last week. sprung a leak!! i ordered one off of advance auto parts website. i thought it was the upper radiator hose, but when i got it, it doesnt look anything like the one i took off the car. it comes off of the thermostat, and into the motor. its about 8-10 inches long. and each end has a different diameter. i think i may have ordered the wrong part, but i dont know what it is called if its not the upper radiator hose. any ideas?? any help would be appreciated. thanks!! PM me with any info. and oh, its the VR6
Old 11-18-2008, 05:50 PM
Have friends?

thecamarokid has disabled reputation
Default Re: need help with 2000 jetta!! ASAP!!

Originally Posted by sshhbequiet
but i dont know what it is called if its not the upper radiator hose.
Probably would be the lower radiator hose.

Last edited by thecamarokid; 11-18-2008 at 05:55 PM. Reason: decided not to be a douche
Old 11-18-2008, 06:34 PM
I Love to Hate

B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well

Originally Posted by sshhbequiet
whats up guys, one of my radiator hoses broke last week. sprung a leak!! i ordered one off of advance auto parts website. i thought it was the upper radiator hose, but when i got it, it doesnt look anything like the one i took off the car. it comes off of the thermostat, and into the motor. its about 8-10 inches long. and each end has a different diameter. i think i may have ordered the wrong part, but i dont know what it is called if its not the upper radiator hose. any ideas?? any help would be appreciated. thanks!! PM me with any info. and oh, its the VR6
post a pic. that will help everyone out.
Old 11-18-2008, 07:31 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

go to bap geon...the hell with advance...just tell bap what it is and where it goes and im sure they will have it in stock..
Old 11-18-2008, 11:03 PM
Keeping It Real !!

ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer

exchange it. Even if you buy the wrong part, i think you can still exchange it as long as you didn't use the new hose
Old 11-19-2008, 02:10 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by thecamarokid
Probably would be the lower radiator hose.
its not the lower radiator hose either. ill prolly just try BAP GEON like someone said, and see what they have. thanks for yalls input, and leaving the smart ass comments alone.
Old 11-19-2008, 03:27 AM
typesb4thinking

nosediv3 nosediv3 nosediv3 nosediv3 nosediv3 nosediv3 nosediv3 nosediv3 nosediv3 nosediv3 nosediv3

Go to 1stvwparts.com and put your car info in.

Go to:
Cooling System > radiator (2nd one)

You have a choice for either upper ($69.18) or lower ($59.63).

Pick the right one (they have diagrams from the bentley book in there)

Good luck.
Old 11-19-2008, 04:14 AM
This.isEntertainment

Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn

um... have fun with that on a VR, god im glad i drive a 1.8T sometimes
Old 11-19-2008, 06:06 AM
I wupped Batmans ass

euro sport is a name known to alleuro sport is a name known to alleuro sport is a name known to alleuro sport is a name known to alleuro sport is a name known to alleuro sport is a name known to alleuro sport is a name known to all

Here's a pic of the upper radiator hose assembly (from upper radiator flange to thermostat housing and water pipe):

Here's a pic of the lower radiator hose aseembly (from lower radiator flange to thermostat housing and water pipe):

Is it one of these? Or part of one? Germanautoparts.com sells either one for about $35.
Old 11-19-2008, 01:47 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by euro sport
Here's a pic of the upper radiator hose assembly (from upper radiator flange to thermostat housing and water pipe):

Here's a pic of the lower radiator hose aseembly (from lower radiator flange to thermostat housing and water pipe):

Is it one of these? Or part of one? Germanautoparts.com sells either one for about $35.
damn. its neither of those. its the hose by itself, comes off the back of the motor, off the bottom of the thermostat, and into the side of the engine. it looks similiar to one of them...but it goes into the motor. im about to just go by some hose and cut it to fit instead of all this other BS. im sure it will be alot easier. this hose was only 10$ from advance auto