Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Can anyone recommend Driving schools/courses?

Old 06-21-2010, 03:12 AM
superuser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd
Default Re: Can anyone recommend Driving schools/courses?

i did two car guys events, was pretty good.
Old 06-21-2010, 04:34 AM
Registered Member

ODU_Lude is infamous around these partsODU_Lude is infamous around these partsODU_Lude is infamous around these partsODU_Lude is infamous around these partsODU_Lude is infamous around these partsODU_Lude is infamous around these partsODU_Lude is infamous around these partsODU_Lude is infamous around these partsODU_Lude is infamous around these partsODU_Lude is infamous around these partsODU_Lude is infamous around these parts

hey, thanks a lot guys.
Old 06-21-2010, 04:36 AM
CrossFit KILLS

Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r

Originally Posted by Cobra4B
Wow you morons pay a bunch for insurance.... I pay $780 for 6-months for 2 C5 Corvettes and my GMC Canyon truck.

Pro-tip... stop driving like faggots and you won't have to waste money on car insurance.
Originally Posted by DEEEEEEEEEEEERP
Protip: once a car over heats do not drive it again till you fix the problem.
Originally Posted by SortaFlush
Protip: If you get Judge Hammonds, get it continued or appeal it if no good results. He love sending people to jail.
Originally Posted by Twenty5psi
protip: don't be an asshole or an 6 asterisk lover while driving
Originally Posted by soulDistortion
protip: you're a fucking faggot.
Save your money and PM any of these guys. They give protips for free.
Old 06-28-2010, 10:13 AM
makes cars dance

joenationwide has disabled reputation

Definitely autox is one of the most fun things you can do with your car. And you can actually develop skills to competently drive your car at the limit of adhesion/grip. Track events are fun too, but usually about 10x the cost. One exception is the Hyperdrives that NASA offers during a regular HPDE (high performance driving event) weekend. The Hyperdrive is a 20min session that costs $40-50. You get an instructor too. Only need a car and a helmet.

Getting any kind of performance driving experience is far more rewarding than having a fast car but not really having the skills or experience to drive it at its limits. I would encourage everyone out there who likes cars and thinks of themselves as a "car guy" (or girl) to get out and do an event with your car. It opens the door to a whole new world!
Old 06-28-2010, 11:05 AM

bennycnu11 is a name known to allbennycnu11 is a name known to allbennycnu11 is a name known to allbennycnu11 is a name known to allbennycnu11 is a name known to allbennycnu11 is a name known to all

https://www.nasaproracing.com/event/1038
Old 07-01-2010, 06:57 PM
Registered Member

ODU_Lude is infamous around these partsODU_Lude is infamous around these partsODU_Lude is infamous around these partsODU_Lude is infamous around these partsODU_Lude is infamous around these partsODU_Lude is infamous around these partsODU_Lude is infamous around these partsODU_Lude is infamous around these partsODU_Lude is infamous around these partsODU_Lude is infamous around these partsODU_Lude is infamous around these parts

I agree. It's def something I'd like to explore and to really experience and appreciate what my car is capable of and what it's built for!

are there classes where they take you through 'situations' like oversteer and let you practice techniques and to feel for the car? or purposely take you through wet 'road' and make you slide around and learn to control it?
Old 07-01-2010, 10:45 PM
Registered Ricer

handa is infamous around these partshanda is infamous around these partshanda is infamous around these partshanda is infamous around these partshanda is infamous around these partshanda is infamous around these partshanda is infamous around these partshanda is infamous around these partshanda is infamous around these partshanda is infamous around these partshanda is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by ODU_Lude
really experience and appreciate what my car is capable of and what it's built for!
pick me up ill show you what its capable of
Old 07-02-2010, 03:45 AM
Registered Member

3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE

Originally Posted by D_Eclipse9916
Autocross will teach you all the skills you need to learn a car at speeds your going to be at around town and on the highway. Now if your doing 100+ or 80 around long curves on the street then 1) your an idiot 2) grow up.
Oh god, the fucking irony here.
Old 07-02-2010, 04:12 AM
Registered member

RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask

www.autocross.us

Auto-crossing would be just what you're looking for. Courses are technical above anything else and you'll learn that you need to slow down to go fast. No joke, taking my c5 out there, beating the piss out of it, ass end comes out a little, hit my marks. . . I let Jason take my car out, rather un-eventful lap and takes 2 seconds off my time. . .
Old 07-02-2010, 07:50 AM
Jewbear.

ZGordon ZGordon ZGordon ZGordon ZGordon ZGordon ZGordon ZGordon ZGordon ZGordon ZGordon

NASA is having their driving school July 11th, but it might be all filled up now