Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for JDM car titling/legalizing

Old 11-22-2006, 06:44 AM
Guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TheAntiCivic has disabled reputation
Default Can anyone point me in the right direction for JDM car titling/legalizing

You don't have to tell me strait up here but, if someone who knows could point me in the direction of a website or state code or a method of legalizing I'd appreciate it.

I searched and noticed that it was a rather touchy subject for the ones that have done it (i'm assuming because they're protecting those who helped them get their car done, which is very respectable.) But anyone that can point me in the right direction to finding this info would be great.

Half my family lives in Japan so it would be nice to bring something home if i ever visit again... haha

PM's
E-mails
Phone calls

whatever.

You don't have to tell me step by step, just get me started in the right direction.

Thanks
Old 11-22-2006, 06:52 AM
Japanese Disease

NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX
Default Re: Can anyone point me in the right direction for JDM car titling/legalizing

this is kinda a shot in the dark but PM "biggentplayer". He knows a part distributor that is usually intouch with a group in Florida that are known for importing vehicles.

I'm sure you could go through them to get in touch w/ the group in Florida, they might be able to help you get something straitened out.
Old 11-22-2006, 06:57 AM
Guy

Default Re: Can anyone point me in the right direction for JDM car titling/legalizing

Thanks, will do.

The two major things I'm looking to find out is how much customs/import taxes and things like that will cost on our side of the water, and then how to get it legal to drive on the street.
Old 11-22-2006, 06:58 AM
Guy

Oh and does anyone have info on cars originally sold in Canada comming over the border?