Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

b16a2 into a eg

Old 08-20-2004, 04:37 PM
squeegee my fiji

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
†Specter† †Specter† †Specter†
Question b16a2 into a eg

ok, i am seriously considering, next summer, selling my JDM hotness and getting soemthing better. im gonna most likely, if i can get 10.5k for my car, get an unmolested EG and a b16 sirII,

if i purchase the motor package from hmotorsonline

what else do i need to swap this into an EG? i wouldnt have to do OBD conversion b/c both run ODB 1. so what i need? im highly considering doing the swap myself. also, what would be the correct gauge clusgter to put in that would correlate to the engine redline?

-carson
Old 08-20-2004, 04:51 PM
sup

SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE
Default Re: b16a2 into a eg

pick up a cluster from inlinefour.com
Old 08-20-2004, 04:52 PM
squeegee my fiji

what cluster??????
Old 08-20-2004, 04:53 PM
Die reinste Bösen.

gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear

its called a complete changeover because it is a complete changeover. you would also need your oil, coolant, etc. no american civic cluster will have the correct redline i believe, youd have to get the jdm one (those are in kmph ) , but the stock cluster should work as long as your staying obd1.
Old 08-20-2004, 04:55 PM
squeegee my fiji

cant wait
Old 08-20-2004, 08:05 PM
it's taco time

Sam_Sneed is an unknown quantity at this point

hotness
Old 08-20-2004, 08:44 PM
Asshole Supreme

S dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud of

Trust me, spend the extra money and get a B18c change over. You will thank yourself later. The setup from H motors "should" come with everything you need to install it into your car. If you want to keep AC then you need to get a hold of a compressor bracket from a Del Sol Vtec. Also, you will need to run the wires for Vtec if you don't purchase a 92. That should basically be it. And like stated above, the only cluster with the proper redline is a JDM cluster which reads in KPH. Not really worth it if you ask me. If you need any help just let me know. I have done a million of these swaps.
Old 08-20-2004, 09:37 PM
Clean Freak.

Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean

ill sell mine for 10k

good luck man
Old 08-21-2004, 03:32 AM
sup

SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE

I agree with Scott. I don't like b16's. But heres the link for a cluster http://www.inlinefour.com/egsirgaugclu.html
Old 08-21-2004, 05:56 AM
Justa lil 6

Dang Yo is a jewel in the roughDang Yo is a jewel in the roughDang Yo is a jewel in the roughDang Yo is a jewel in the roughDang Yo is a jewel in the rough

b16's are overrated if i were to do a swap in an EG i would go for a gsr or a type R changeover, but money is def a factor..

Quick Reply: b16a2 into a eg