Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Audi RS8

Old 12-07-2014, 05:40 PM
2doors plus 2.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors

Originally Posted by Yardjass

This. I'm probably in the minority here but I really couldn't care less about any of those overpriced, German family cars. I can't fathom the thought process when you could have a real sports car instead. Everyone loves these cars but to me, they are one of the dumbest purchases anybody could ever make, at least new. You get enough comfort and less cost of upkeep in a Passat or well optioned Accord. When you can use the MSRP's they are asking and buy a lightly used Accord to daily and buy something like a Elise or a Stingray for a fun car, it just doesn't make sense to me. At all.
Realistically, everything in that particular luxury package is typically 6 figures.

I.E.,
Lexus LS460L
Mercedes S55+
Audi A7/8
Porsche Panamera

You're comparing apples to oranges with that statement. I imagine you've never been in any of those cars and there is a huge difference between a LS460 and an accord.
Old 12-07-2014, 05:55 PM
Shooting 63's

idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda
Default Re: Audi RS8

This. I'm probably in the minority here but I really couldn't care less about any of those overpriced, German family cars. I can't fathom the thought process when you could have a real sports car instead. Everyone loves these cars but to me, they are one of the dumbest purchases anybody could ever make, at least new. You get enough comfort and less cost of upkeep in a Passat or well optioned Accord. When you can use the MSRP's they are asking and buy a lightly used Accord to daily and buy something like a Elise or a Stingray for a fun car, it just doesn't make sense to me. At all.
Pretty simple.

Ballers gonna ball.
Old 12-07-2014, 06:06 PM
Registered member

Richmond Richmond Richmond Richmond Richmond Richmond Richmond Richmond Richmond Richmond Richmond

I'll be honest, I never sat in an LS460 until I needed a ride and the guy driving had a black on black LS460 and I came when I sat down.
Old 12-07-2014, 06:21 PM
LET THE HATE FLOW

Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass

Originally Posted by Yep4doors
Realistically, everything in that particular luxury package is typically 6 figures.

I.E.,
Lexus LS460L
Mercedes S55+
Audi A7/8
Porsche Panamera

You're comparing apples to oranges with that statement. I imagine you've never been in any of those cars and there is a huge difference between a LS460 and an accord.
Sure there's a big difference, and actually scratch the Accord. Is that extra luxury worth putting the price of a 911, Viper or Z06 on top of lower level TSX or ATS? Fuck no. Shit, you're almost into Aston Martin territory if you start to run the options up. I would have to be loaded beyond belief to even consider something like that and then I still wouldn't because I'd just drop even more cash for the Phantom.
Old 12-07-2014, 06:50 PM
Registered Member

djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck

Originally Posted by Lord Humongous
Because an RS7 in matte gray is fucking tits
Not matte, but saw this at a car show in Nürnberg. Too low for me, but the amount of Euros this guy must have spent is insane:

Old 12-08-2014, 01:20 AM
2doors plus 2.

Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors

Sure there's a big difference, and actually scratch the Accord. Is that extra luxury worth putting the price of a 911, Viper or Z06 on top of lower level TSX or ATS? Fuck no. Shit, you're almost into Aston Martin territory if you start to run the options up. I would have to be loaded beyond belief to even consider something like that and then I still wouldn't because I'd just drop even more cash for the Phantom.
Well a fully loaded LS is about 113k and I figure the RS7 starts about there but if you got the cash to blow on a car that costs the price of a small house then sure its worth it
Old 12-08-2014, 02:33 AM
master debater

blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout

Originally Posted by Yep4doors
Well a fully loaded LS is about 113k and I figure the RS7 starts about there but if you got the cash to blow on a car that costs the price of a small house then sure its worth it
to each their own, there is a market for these cars but i'm with yardjass on this one.

i've even considered something like this while hanging out in the backseat of a jaguar xjr while i was waiting for my truck at the dealership- but then i went over and looked at the f-type and that's much more my speed. a buddy of mine wants an rs7 something fierce, and i think he's an idiot. i'll keep my sti and buy that f-type, cayman, stingray, or fuck it a db9 for that kind of scratch.

Last edited by blackout; 12-08-2014 at 02:35 AM.
Old 12-08-2014, 03:31 AM
Anal hammer

JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal

I'm with you two also. I would rather have a "fun" car over a "nice" car.
I couldn't afford one but, if I could I'd use the money elsewhere. I can't see the point of wasting that much money on a car because it's luxurious. Now a Ferrari is another story Id spend stupid money on one of those.

Did that make sense to anyone else?
Old 12-08-2014, 03:39 AM
NAZI mod

BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER

Have you ever driven a Porsche Panamera turbo?

It's like driving a 4 door z06 on crack.
Old 12-08-2014, 05:28 AM
A.K.A Jebus

Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo

Been looking at a S4/5 as my next car (unless I get another truck). I like it, they look fun so flame on.

Quick Reply: Audi RS8