Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Audi RS8

Old 12-08-2014, 05:33 AM
Anal hammer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal
Default Re: Audi RS8

Originally Posted by Scotty_Nooo
Been looking at a S4/5 as my next car (unless I get another truck). I like it, they look fun so flame on.
No flame on a choice, just not my style. I'm not a fan of quite a few cars but won't dog people for liking them unless they get a snotty attitude about it. Example see Honda classifieds.
S4/5 also doesn't seem like it should run $100k+ either or am I wrong?
Old 12-08-2014, 05:34 AM
NAZI mod

BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER

Been looking at a S4/5 as my next car (unless I get another truck). I like it, they look fun so flame on.
Just make sure the timing chain guides have been replaced.

about a $3K job and it really isn't something you can tackle yourself.
Old 12-08-2014, 06:08 AM
A.K.A Jebus

Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo

Originally Posted by JacKal
No flame on a choice, just not my style. I'm not a fan of quite a few cars but won't dog people for liking them unless they get a snotty attitude about it. Example see Honda classifieds.
S4/5 also doesn't seem like it should run $100k+ either or am I wrong?
No, they aren't that expensive new and being it'll be used to commute in NoVa/DC it'll probably be a used one because its bound to get hit by something or someone.

Originally Posted by DonkeyPunch
Just make sure the timing chain guides have been replaced.

about a $3K job and it really isn't something you can tackle yourself.
Thank you sir. Is that on the 3.0 or the older 4.2's?
Old 12-08-2014, 06:25 AM
NAZI mod

BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER

No, they aren't that expensive new and being it'll be used to commute in NoVa/DC it'll probably be a used one because its bound to get hit by something or someone.

Thank you sir. Is that on the 3.0 or the older 4.2's?
4.2 V8. ANYTHING with the 4.2 will be a motherfucker to service unless you have extensive knowledge time and resources.

Put it this way. Unless you have a liquid account with about $3500 in it for emergency repairs, don't buy an Audi. I just spent upwards of 4K on my wife's a3 because the oil pump decided to lock up and take out the entire head after snapping a timing chain.
Old 12-08-2014, 06:25 AM
LET THE HATE FLOW

Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass

Have you ever driven a Porsche Panamera turbo?

It's like driving a 4 door z06 on crack.
I'm sure its fun but you could literally buy a C7 Z06 and an S4, both new for the turbo's $141,000 price tag. You're only like 10 grand short of being able to buy the regular Panamera at $70,000 and the Z06. To each their own but that seems ridiculous to me.
Old 12-08-2014, 07:03 AM
Registered member

valdaviper1 valdaviper1 valdaviper1 valdaviper1 valdaviper1 valdaviper1 valdaviper1 valdaviper1 valdaviper1 valdaviper1 valdaviper1

Originally Posted by Yardjass
Sure there's a big difference, and actually scratch the Accord. Is that extra luxury worth putting the price of a 911, Viper or Z06 on top of lower level TSX or ATS? Fuck no. Shit, you're almost into Aston Martin territory if you start to run the options up. I would have to be loaded beyond belief to even consider something like that and then I still wouldn't because I'd just drop even more cash for the Phantom.
For a lot of people I know in the DC area, they want the power and the exclusivity, but they also don't want the stares and assumptions. That's why a bunch drive debadged S55's and Alpina 7 series or Panamera's rather than Bentleys or Rapides. I know a couple people with daily GTR's who could easily own M6's and Viper's, but want to keep it somewhat low key/DDable. In places like LA and Miami though, the bigger the flash the better, but I'm with the guy a couple threads up. A big body sedan that can haul ass and look like an RS7 or CLS63 is amazing, same goes for the A8 and S-Classes, comfort/luxury is a whole nother ballgame. My dad could have gotten any Tahoe with leather but preferred loaded QX56's. If you can afford it, why not?
Old 12-08-2014, 07:18 AM
A.K.A Jebus

Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo

4.2 V8. ANYTHING with the 4.2 will be a motherfucker to service unless you have extensive knowledge time and resources.

Put it this way. Unless you have a liquid account with about $3500 in it for emergency repairs, don't buy an Audi. I just spent upwards of 4K on my wife's a3 because the oil pump decided to lock up and take out the entire head after snapping a timing chain.
Good to know, thank you sir.... This doesn't make me all too happy but i guess it's better to know now v. later.
Old 12-08-2014, 07:23 AM
NAZI mod

Originally Posted by Yardjass
I'm sure its fun but you could literally buy a C7 Z06 and an S4, both new for the turbo's $141,000 price tag. You're only like 10 grand short of being able to buy the regular Panamera at $70,000 and the Z06. To each their own but that seems ridiculous to me.
If you buy a new car you're an idiot.

Never buy anything brand new. Always buy used. Turbo panameras are in the 60-80K range now...and yeah, you can get a Z06 for that money but to each their own. I'd rather have the panamera to be honest, not something you see every day and there gets a point in your life where you just say "fuck it I want something nice and classy with balls to drive". They ride like clouds.
Old 12-08-2014, 09:03 AM
Anal hammer

JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal

I get that. Maybe one day I'll get there but as for now if I had the money to drop on something like that Id be investing it, per our convo a few weeks ago.
Old 12-08-2014, 10:24 AM
NAZI mod

Originally Posted by JacKal
I get that. Maybe one day I'll get there but as for now if I had the money to drop on something like that Id be investing it, per our convo a few weeks ago.
Well hurry the fuck up and figure something out I need a career change lol

Quick Reply: Audi RS8