Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Audi RS8

Old 12-06-2014, 02:16 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Richmond Richmond Richmond Richmond Richmond Richmond Richmond Richmond Richmond Richmond Richmond
Default Audi RS8

I've been searching for at least 30 seconds and haven't had any luck. How can I find out A) How many were made, B) How many were shipped to North America, C) How full of shit the guy claiming to drive one is.

This specific douche is claiming to drive a 2011 RS8. He won't take a picture though, because that would prove he's not a lying scumbag.

Thanks in advance detectives.

Last edited by Richmond; 12-06-2014 at 02:22 PM.
Old 12-06-2014, 02:34 PM
Anal hammer

JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal
Default Re: Audi RS8

What the fuck is an RS8?
I know of an S8 and an R8.
The S8 I've seen a few around pretty popular.
If you're referring to the R8 there are only 3 in the Hampton Roads. 2 spyders and a standard R8.
If he's not the owner of 5 dealerships in VABCH, the mayor of a local city, or the dude that owns a certain very large hotel resturant on icean drive he's lying.
I'm not sure about the richmond area but the 7 cities those are about as close to garauntee you can get.
(Source is the manager of checkered flag service dept.)
Old 12-06-2014, 02:54 PM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired

RS8 is not a thing so if he's claiming to drive a 2011 RS8 then he's a liar and an ignorant boob.
Old 12-06-2014, 02:54 PM
Registered member

Richmond Richmond Richmond Richmond Richmond Richmond Richmond Richmond Richmond Richmond Richmond

This guy is an idiot
Old 12-06-2014, 02:59 PM
Registered member

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/audi/20...-ar146596.html - Well then... I'm more lost than when I posted. I do believe this guy to be a liar, based on the 2011 claim.
Old 12-07-2014, 06:56 AM
2doors plus 2.

Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors

Speakking of Audi RS(X) cars we do have a RS4 on a local lot here in Roanoke. Pretty badass since I've never seen one in person before.
Old 12-07-2014, 07:25 AM
master debater

blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout

this is why i haven't been able to get caught up in random internet discussions about cars since about 2003.

even if the rs8 is a thing (and from the 10 seconds i spent googling it it looks to be one of those rumored cars that people on the internet like to talk about but would never, ever consider buying), it's got to be incredibly rare- and the major reason for that is because it's got to be incredibly overpriced. i'm thinking at least in the six figure range, probably north of 150k. it's that 'r's designation that puts just that little extra added body modifications, wheel and tire package, sway bar end links, and seat stitching that somehow justifies the substantially elevated price tag for audis.

to me, talking to a guy with one of those would prove more to me that he's an idiot if he actually had one.

Last edited by blackout; 12-07-2014 at 07:27 AM.
Old 12-07-2014, 07:28 AM
Registered member

I called him out and his backpedal response was "I typo'd and meant to say R8S". For the record, R8S doesn't exist either. He then tried to convince me that the R8 Spyder (the actual limited production R8) is called an R8S. Liars gonna lie.
Old 12-07-2014, 07:56 AM
LET THE HATE FLOW

Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass

Originally Posted by blackout
this is why i haven't been able to get caught up in random internet discussions about cars since about 2003.

even if the rs8 is a thing (and from the 10 seconds i spent googling it it looks to be one of those rumored cars that people on the internet like to talk about but would never, ever consider buying), it's got to be incredibly rare- and the major reason for that is because it's got to be incredibly overpriced. i'm thinking at least in the six figure range, probably north of 150k. it's that 'r's designation that puts just that little extra added body modifications, wheel and tire package, sway bar end links, and seat stitching that somehow justifies the substantially elevated price tag for audis.

to me, talking to a guy with one of those would prove more to me that he's an idiot if he actually had one.
This. I'm probably in the minority here but I really couldn't care less about any of those overpriced, German family cars. I can't fathom the thought process when you could have a real sports car instead. Everyone loves these cars but to me, they are one of the dumbest purchases anybody could ever make, at least new. You get enough comfort and less cost of upkeep in a Passat or well optioned Accord. When you can use the MSRP's they are asking and buy a lightly used Accord to daily and buy something like a Elise or a Stingray for a fun car, it just doesn't make sense to me. At all.
Old 12-07-2014, 10:13 AM
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous

Because an RS7 in matte gray is fucking tits

Quick Reply: Audi RS8