Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Attention BMW owners

Old 01-13-2007, 11:09 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
flynlow has disabled reputation
Default Attention BMW owners

I'm thinking about purchasing a 2000 323ci coupe and was wondering if all 323models have traction control? Any know problems with this particular model? High insurance rate? Reliability? Gas mileage? I'm new to "Euros" and don't know much about them so if anyone can answer these questions, it would help me out a lot. BTW it only has 12k and it looks and drives like it just came off the show room floor!
Old 01-13-2007, 11:43 AM
Banned

WezieBme is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Attention BMW owners

Originally Posted by flynlow
I'm thinking about purchasing a 2000 323ci coupe and was wondering if all 323models have traction control? Any know problems with this particular model? High insurance rate? Reliability? Gas mileage? I'm new to "Euros" and don't know much about them so if anyone can answer these questions, it would help me out a lot. BTW it only has 12k and it looks and drives like it just came off the show room floor!
oh yeah im havent gotten the check yet and insurance is to high and all that other bs! if you didnt want to get the rsx all you had to do was tell the truth!
you could have been a grown ass man about it! but thats cool i understand! gl with your purchase!
Old 01-13-2007, 11:56 AM
Bimmer Prick

B EMDBLU B EMDBLU B EMDBLU B EMDBLU B EMDBLU B EMDBLU B EMDBLU B EMDBLU B EMDBLU B EMDBLU B EMDBLU

I got a 3-series E46. Very reliable. But you need to maintain your car. I recommend getting all your service done at BMW dealerships as well, it helps with your re-sell. I love my car

And there is no traction control

I pay 90/month full coverage.
Gas Mileage is at best decent 22-26 mpg

I have a little over 90K on mine and besides tune-ups and oil changes the only thing that went out was the fuel pump.

You definitely will not be dissapointed
Old 01-13-2007, 07:34 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by B EMDBLU
I got a 3-series E46. Very reliable. But you need to maintain your car. I recommend getting all your service done at BMW dealerships as well, it helps with your re-sell. I love my car

And there is no traction control

I pay 90/month full coverage.
Gas Mileage is at best decent 22-26 mpg

I have a little over 90K on mine and besides tune-ups and oil changes the only thing that went out was the fuel pump.

You definitely will not be dissapointed
Bosch fuel pump?
Old 01-14-2007, 09:30 AM
Bimmer Prick

B EMDBLU B EMDBLU B EMDBLU B EMDBLU B EMDBLU B EMDBLU B EMDBLU B EMDBLU B EMDBLU B EMDBLU B EMDBLU

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
Bosch fuel pump?
Not exactly sure. Checkered Flag put it in. All of my service has been second to none so I take their word on any installation they do and I don't ask questions. It was installed in March. Jason my service-rep said it was the first time they saw a fuel pump go bad on an e46 323i. Thats why I had to have it serviced like 3 times over 2 weeks. They gave me a bunch of stuff done to the car for free because they thought my problem was fixed a few months prior.
Old 01-14-2007, 09:33 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

I was actually wondering if the one that failed was a Bosch pump, I didn't know if BMW was using Bosch stock for their stock parts. I've heard some interesting stories about Bosch fuel pump reliability recently, which is odd considering their usually good reputation.
Old 01-14-2007, 07:37 PM
Drink Up, Chumps

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
I was actually wondering if the one that failed was a Bosch pump, I didn't know if BMW was using Bosch stock for their stock parts. I've heard some interesting stories about Bosch fuel pump reliability recently, which is odd considering their usually good reputation.
Mine is a Bosch, so I'd assume his was also.
Old 01-15-2007, 12:55 PM
Registered Member

Bustadust can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by WezieBme
oh yeah im havent gotten the check yet and insurance is to high and all that other bs! if you didnt want to get the rsx all you had to do was tell the truth!
you could have been a grown ass man about it! but thats cool i understand! gl with your purchase!
lawlz
Old 01-15-2007, 06:43 PM
Registered Member

flynlow has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by WezieBme
First of all, I said I was "thinking" about purchasing this vehicle and wanted some feedback on it before I make my decision and second the insurance is $40 cheaper (per month) than your RSX. It has lower mileage and appears to be in brand new condition. I was nice enough to call you to tell you not to hold the car for me unlike most flakers who you prob never heard from again. I still don't have the check yet from my insurance company but wanted to keep my options open until I receive it. There was no need for you to come into my thread to talk crap. So what if I don't buy the car from you, don't cry like a baby and be a "grown ass man" BTW I was telling the truth.
Old 01-18-2007, 06:59 PM
HSU
Registered Member

HSU has disabled reputation

Congrats .....man LOL check subframe and Vanos there are e36 e46 common problem I belive all e46 3 come with DTC (traction control ) .

Quick Reply: Attention BMW owners