Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Another thread on legal advice,Searched

Old 11-03-2006, 11:03 AM
HollyLeuia HollaBack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
greekfreak greekfreak
Default Re: Another thread on legal advice,Searched

very very innocent
Old 11-03-2006, 12:16 PM
Banned

Gompers is an unknown quantity at this point

pretty soon we will see

"the bullet fell out of gun officer, i swear!"
Old 11-03-2006, 12:28 PM
Registered Member

dorydorydriftin has disabled reputation

my friend just got his second speeding ticket (both were reckless driving and he had taken a drivin improvement class) went to court and it got bumped to speeding, but he had to take the drivin improvement class all over again.
Old 11-21-2006, 09:05 PM
Registered Member

sohc4life has disabled reputation

u have a 60% chance that the cop wont show up for the court date so id go to court over it and be like i didnt want to disrupt the flow of traffic and make it potentially hazardous to other drivers by slwoing down right away so i i gradualy let it slow down
Old 11-22-2006, 08:59 AM
HollyLeuia HollaBack

greekfreak greekfreak

Well I went to court yesterday and I didnt get a bad ass pounding as I thought I would, I only had to pay $151 and thats all.
Old 11-22-2006, 09:53 AM
GO GO GODZILLA!

Excel Auto Excel Auto Excel Auto Excel Auto Excel Auto Excel Auto Excel Auto Excel Auto Excel Auto Excel Auto Excel Auto

it aint wreckless, so it isn't much to worry about.

go to court, because you're going to have to pay court fees even if
you prepay it. and theres always shit that can happen in court, like
the cop not showing up, or the judge being in a good mood. just dress
clean, be polite, explain your situation to the judge and what you've
done to correct it. tell him about your clean record, you should be
fine.
Old 11-23-2006, 05:29 PM
d00d

duder is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by greekfreak
I know this is another " I got a ticket " thread, but i really need some info on what I should do, just yesterday I got a ticket doing 44/25 , it was harpersville road near warwick, where people usually go around 40 on that road, and I was on my way to class. Well I got the ticket and I was very polite to the officer. I need to know at what i am looking at, I had a ticket for a accident I got into but it got waved off my record because I took the drivers improvment class. I only have about 20 days till the court date, and I was wondering should I just go and pay for the ticket or go to court? I still have the driver improvment card,and my speedo is 4 mph off. It was'nt intentially (sp?) , what route should I take in this, and what are my options, Thanks guys and please no flaming :/
Just got this same ticket on main street. I had a clean record but they don't care. You will pay exactly $151.00. 95$ for speeding and 56$ for court costs. Don't plead guilty like I did. Just explain to the judge, but then again it doesn't matter because the fine will be 151 bucks. It doesn't matter if it wasn't intentional, the judge may reduce the speed to 40 if you can provide an official calibration.

One more thing, bet it was a motorcycle officer and bet his name starts with an "H".
Old 11-23-2006, 05:31 PM
d00d

Originally Posted by sohc4life
u have a 60% chance that the cop wont show up for the court date so id go to court over it and be like i didnt want to disrupt the flow of traffic and make it potentially hazardous to other drivers by slwoing down right away so i i gradualy let it slow down
Bullshit, I was just in traffic court Nov. 20th and that excuse does not fly in there.

and, 90-95% of the time the cop does show, especially if hes a motorcycle cop.

Last edited by duder; 11-23-2006 at 05:34 PM.
Old 11-23-2006, 08:21 PM
HollyLeuia HollaBack

greekfreak greekfreak

YUP motorcycle cop, tall,a douchebag with a mustache. I hurd many people tell me his a asshole, even a hampton and a fellow NN officer
Old 11-24-2006, 06:38 AM
d00d

Originally Posted by greekfreak
YUP motorcycle cop, tall,a douchebag with a mustache. I hurd many people tell me his a asshole, even a hampton and a fellow NN officer
None of them are nice. I've met 2 of them under bad circumstances and 1 of them in conversation. They've all got this reoccuring theme of: "I'm a 40-50 year old man, who has kids and wife, and I'm one of those strict parents that are firm but fair with my kids. Also, there's nothing that pisses me off more when people break traffic laws, so I'm going to be a crusader against speeders and run radar at the most unfair places where I know even grandma is speeding."

No lie about the grandma thing. I saw a goddamn 90 year old woman in court for speeding.

Saw another pretty interesting thing there too: A man ran a red light with his truck because his brakes failed and he could either ram someone or run the red light. He provided dealership proof that his brakes were bad and needed to be replaced and the court still fined him $156.00.

The most basc logic of Newport News traffic court is this: They don't care if a law is the most unfair piece of legislation ever. They also do not care about the circumstances in which you broke the law (as proved above). If you broke it then you will be fined. Have a nice day.

I don't know about you guys, but if judicial officials were populary elected, I guarantee annual Newport News traffic fine income would be halved if not more.