Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Almost 400whp :)

Old 02-01-2006, 04:24 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick
Default Re: Almost 400whp :)

I think I've decided on the cam I want.

Here's some clips of it:
http://web.tampabay.rr.com/talsma/gt...ultimedia.html

Specs:
hpe-c cam 232/236 590lift 112 lsa
Old 02-01-2006, 05:10 PM
Registered Member

tooquick4most tooquick4most tooquick4most tooquick4most tooquick4most tooquick4most tooquick4most tooquick4most tooquick4most tooquick4most tooquick4most

Originally Posted by BigBake
They have nothing to do with the discussion, my tune was done with HPtuners, EFI live, and a wideband, during idle, while driving in all conditions, and WOT. It was tuned properly and runs the proper timing. End of discussion.

They had nothing to do with the discussion of rod bolt stretch, and that is the last time I am saying it.

I know enough to build engines not talk about how I saw one built. I do not post what I have read as my own personal experience like your dumbass does. I have posted my own experience as in what I have learned by doing it myself.

No shit you fucking moron, good guess on your part what tipped you off? It has no tuning issues runs the correct timing for the load as verified by wideband in all conditions. Spectacular I am happy for this person who you call a friend, he drives a 6 speed with stock gears.... that is why, he also is not running it to its full potential and also does not mind the large cam. It is IMBECILE.... you fucking moron, if you are going to call someone a name at least know how to spell it.... fucking moron!

It idles fine you fucking dumbass, never said otherwise. Now you are making up even more shit. It is TH400, and it is a 4000 stall from Yank as per their recommendations along with Thunder Racing, you stupid fuck........ Now shut the fuck up.

You have no clue

Because the majority of aftermarket heads are milled which will cause P to v issues. That does not help your argument and in fact solidifies mine even more..........

Great reading skills you have there you idiot, it says when it does not recommend them, it just a caution informing you that P to V clearance will be an issue since the cam was designed with stock heads and pistons.

Good for you, but you still cannot comprehend you idiot.

Notice it says STOCK HEADS must be a fucking conspiracy against you, also notice it just says STOCK rods, pistons, and crankshaft, but it does not include or exclude bolts used, so i went and found this guy and here is his own words about his engine

“WOW, all i can say. i must have missed this other thread yall talkin about but this is getting blown way out of proportion, i think it should be more off a accepted rule like moving internal parts that change hp IMO, if you use stock replacement bearings and arp rod bolts you have not done jack crap to increase performance. if yall wanna get that technical than i still have the cam only record cause i have a stock oil pump and timing chain, i gauruntee the others don’t”

Guess your idiot ass did not see that coming, it helps to know who you are talking about. He has the stock rods, pistons, and crankshaft still… but that is it when it comes to the rotating assembly. Guess you confused your super sleuthing with your super sucking abilities....

Bitch please, you could not own anyone with that fallopian tube neck supporting that empty ass basketball sized head of yours.

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=324469
http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=330577
http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showpo...7&postcount=12
http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showpo...2&postcount=10
http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showpo...31&postcount=5
http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showpo...9&postcount=24
http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showpo...09&postcount=2
http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showpo...52&postcount=8

I could post on and on more threads about stock heads, and rod bolt recommendations. E-mail Thunder Racing if you do not want to ever believe that this cam was designed around stock heads. It is not an optimal cam for aftermarket heads, it will work better with aftermarket heads, but it is not optimal.

I think the first statement does have to do with the discussion because you keep comparing your car to his car which are two totally different things you ignorant asshole. STOP DOING IT THEN.
I’m still betting there is something wrong with the tune or you cant do basic math skills when it comes to recording MPG. It doesn’t surprise me actually.

What is your a/f on that setup on the wideband ?

The friend of mine has stock gears and a stick. So does Nick (far as I know) meaning it WILL work.
Pardon my spelling, spelling bee champ my Microsoft word didn’t pick it up, faggot.

Read the website again. It does not mention rod bolts in the engine performance section you sloth.

I love how you are using my own cut downs. Fallopian neck was one of my originals I used on here.
“ I know what you are but what am I” dumbass.

Ok answer this question. Why would thunder racing be telling us about aftermarket heads if it is optimal on stock heads ? You must have also missed the part in the thread shown that I DON’T AGREE WITH EVERYTHING SAID. SO I AM GOING TO PULL OUT THE MAIN POINTS BECAUSE OF YOUR LACK OF READING SKILLS. It doesn’t surprise me you have no IQ as well as reading skills.

“well since i have had the cam the longest of anyone and i have done everything with the car you can imagine ima put in my imput, the only time you get surge is under 2000rpm with a load on my car, and that is because it hasn’t been tuned for drivability, on the interstate at 1800rpm in 6th cruising i don’t get any surge, as far as no low end I could blow away a set of 325 et radials from 2500rpms so its got all the low end I require, I daily drove my car for 4 months in heavy baton rouge traffic every morning and afternoon going to and from LSU, never regretted having it for a minute. I was getting very respectable gas mileage for such a huge cam and considering the car runs 10's with the swap of the rear tires. there are very good aftermarket heads out now that will bolt on without fly cutting using this cam.

oh and 4.10's were fine but 4.56's rule on the street “

That’s coming from one of the moderators on the forum you IDIOT. READ IT A FEW TIMES MAYBE IT WILL SINK INTO THAT CAST IRON BRAIN OF YOURS.

READ THE LAST PART OF THIS POST.

“Imp glad imp not the only one that does not understand the infatuation is with huge cams in DD big dyne numbers don’t always mean a lot. Like you said to each his own, but I really think too many people are dazzled by huge dyno numbers, Just my opinion but I think you can have ALOT of fun with a smaller,"torquey" cam and still have better drivability and good MPG. Point blank if you want a track car and max effort get it, but i think you would be happier with a smaller cam better suited for stock heads and a 346.”

MEANING HE DOESN’T THINK ITS SUTIED FOR STOCK HEADS YOU ARROGANT BAFFLING IDIOT.

TAKE THIS THREAD RIGHT HERE ABOUT HEADS.

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showth...ighlight=t-rex

CHECK OUT THIS POST:

POST # 12

“the size of the cam would make a difference as to how much hp/tq you gain, also.

change them on a stock cam vs a t-rex...

gains would be more on a t-rex.”

O, no he did not say it would gain more WITH HEADS FROM A T-REX. HE HAS TO BE WRONG AS WELL AS THE MODERATOR OF LS1TECH. YOU ARE THE LS1 GOD FAKE AND BAKE.

Must I go on ?

Lets see:

WHAT DO WE HAVE HERE ?

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showth...ighlight=t-rex

Check post #2

Yes another moderator talking about the T-rex…..

The T-Rex is an awesome cam, no doubt. But enjoying it on the street depends on your tune. A WOT tune on a chassis dyno will ensure you have strong rwhp/rwtq, but a comprehensive drivability tune will ensure you continue to enjoy driving the C5 on the street. Make sure you budget for tuning. Speed density tuning (no MAF) is best with this cam, but you can still do it with the MAF in place...it just is a lot harder to get the low speed manners tamed.

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I SAID IN THE BEGINNING, YOUR TUNE IS OFF DIPSHIT. TAKE MY ADVICE BITCH!

Last edited by tooquick4most; 02-01-2006 at 05:29 PM.
Old 02-01-2006, 05:16 PM
Pimpin is Easy

TheGoaT TheGoaT TheGoaT TheGoaT TheGoaT TheGoaT TheGoaT

wow. just wow.
Old 02-01-2006, 05:55 PM
Registered Member

rollinna65 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by tooquick4most
“well since i have had the cam the longest of anyone and i have done everything with the car you can imagine ima put in my imput, the only time you get surge is under 2000rpm with a load on my car, and that is because it hasn’t been tuned for drivability, on the interstate at 1800rpm in 6th cruising i don’t get any surge, as far as no low end I could blow away a set of 325 et radials from 2500rpms so its got all the low end I require, I daily drove my car for 4 months in heavy baton rouge traffic every morning and afternoon going to and from LSU, never regretted having it for a minute. I was getting very respectable gas mileage for such a huge cam and considering the car runs 10's with the swap of the rear tires. there are very good aftermarket heads out now that will bolt on without fly cutting using this cam.

oh and 4.10's were fine but 4.56's rule on the street
The 4.56s are what give that guys car its low end torque.
Old 02-01-2006, 06:05 PM
OG Alumni

BigBake is a name known to allBigBake is a name known to allBigBake is a name known to allBigBake is a name known to allBigBake is a name known to allBigBake is a name known to all

I think the first statement does have to do with the discussion because you keep comparing your car to his car which are two totally different things you ignorant asshole. STOP DOING IT THEN.
I would like to see you quote where I compared my car to his, because I never did.... nice try dumbass.

I’m still betting there is something wrong with the tune or you cant do basic math skills when it comes to recording MPG. It doesn’t surprise me actually.
Right because you are an authority to LSX motor tuning, and just know the tuner on my car did not tune it properly. You are really and truely the stupidist person in existance.

The friend of mine has stock gears and a stick. So does Nick (far as I know) meaning it WILL work.
Will work and optimal setup is two completely different ends of the spectrum you fucking moron. Shut the fuck up already, you are trying to convince people that it is possible with a guy driving around a half ass setup. Exact words from the guy who designed the cam "Still, this cam is not for the faint of heart. It was designed for those looking for a cam that makes very impressive power with stock heads."

Read the website again. It does not mention rod bolts in the engine performance section you sloth.
It does not say either, and I quoted the guy from his own words from an old post in the archives section and you stilll cannot believe it. Along with even the threads I posted stating that a wise decision is to replace them from very reputable sources including the cam designer from Thunder Racing.

Ok answer this question. Why would thunder racing be telling us about aftermarket heads if it is optimal on stock heads ? You must have also missed the part in the thread shown that I DON’T AGREE WITH EVERYTHING SAID. SO I AM GOING TO PULL OUT THE MAIN POINTS BECAUSE OF YOUR LACK OF READING SKILLS. It doesn’t surprise me you have no IQ as well as reading skills.
God damn you are stupid I am no longer educating you......

O, no he did not say it would gain more WITH HEADS FROM A T-REX. HE HAS TO BE WRONG AS WELL AS THE MODERATOR OF LS1TECH. YOU ARE THE LS1 GOD FAKE AND BAKE.
Idiot, idiot, idiot...... I did not say you would not gain anything, read what I wrote a hundred times already, the cam was designed for stock heads and pistons... At no point have I said you would not gain from aftermarket heads. I said that it would no longer be an optimal setup with aftermarket heads, because cams are designed around the heads they are to be used on.....

Must I go on ?
Vast reserve of stupidness..... it is infinitely supplied within you.....

Lets see:

WHAT DO WE HAVE HERE ?
A picture of you cock gobbeling?

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I SAID IN THE BEGINNING, YOUR TUNE IS OFF DIPSHIT. TAKE MY ADVICE BITCH!
Expert opinion from such an authority on tuning...... The only thing you are an expert on is making yourself look ridiculous in every post you make... A maximum effort on your behalf as always.... Fucking moron!
Old 02-01-2006, 07:31 PM
OG Alumni

BigBake is a name known to allBigBake is a name known to allBigBake is a name known to allBigBake is a name known to allBigBake is a name known to allBigBake is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Fat Nick
I think I've decided on the cam I want.

Here's some clips of it:
http://web.tampabay.rr.com/talsma/gt...ultimedia.html

Specs:
hpe-c cam 232/236 590lift 112 lsa
Check the classifieds over on tech for a used one with low mileage. Some of those guys over there change cams anytime someone breathes the words "Bigger.... Better...... Faster". It will save you some coin and allow you to put that towards the rest of the parts you need for the cam change. I would also point out that the TSP 231/237 59X/59X is available on several LSA's and is worth looking at. Very strong mid range cam with good street manners.
Old 02-02-2006, 03:44 PM
Registered Member

tooquick4most tooquick4most tooquick4most tooquick4most tooquick4most tooquick4most tooquick4most tooquick4most tooquick4most tooquick4most tooquick4most

Last edited by tooquick4most; 04-10-2008 at 05:23 PM.
Old 02-02-2006, 03:50 PM
Registered Member

Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick

Originally Posted by BigBake
Check the classifieds over on tech for a used one with low mileage. Some of those guys over there change cams anytime someone breathes the words "Bigger.... Better...... Faster". It will save you some coin and allow you to put that towards the rest of the parts you need for the cam change. I would also point out that the TSP 231/237 59X/59X is available on several LSA's and is worth looking at. Very strong mid range cam with good street manners.
Definately will do
Old 02-02-2006, 04:35 PM
OG Alumni

Good way of backing up your argument.
You have yet to show any proof of your claims except for one “pulled out of the archive ( or your ass) quote. Great.
Personal experience goes much further than your armchair quarterbacking there Cam spec master.... I posted more than one thread and I could post a thousand more from the archives, but why flood this board or even this thread with information readily available.

Far as you comparing your car to his its right here:
It was a response to your bullshit "Its the tuning" not a comparison to FAT NICKS car or anyone elses car. It simply pointed out that I am not driving a 346ci, 4 speed, and stock geared 10 bolt fucking idiot. Way to take something out of context moron.

You keep bringing up your car yet no one has said anything about it. I told you its not tuned properly. LEARN FROM IT AND MOVE ON.
The only time I brought up my car is when I stated that I had the cam and the overlap that is present even at my cubic inches. It is tuned properly and LEARN TO COMPREHEND A DISCUSSION.

It will be an optimal setup cam only as well as WITH HEADS YOU BLABBERING IDIOT.
THE END. Stop posting I am making you look ignorant.
Wrong, it will not be an optimal setup, a set of AFR 205's for example will make more power with a different cam than a T-Rex. Because the T-Rex was designed to be used with stock heads and piston, not a set of AFR205's, TEA Stage 1, 1.5, 2, 2.5, 3, Patriots, ETs, DARTs, and anyother ported and milled set of aftermarket heads. there are more optimal cams for those heads. Once again you cannot grasp the level of discussion because of your limited intellegence.

Yet you lack any sort of education you cant back any of your statements up with facts or even find any of that on thunder racing’s website.
I quoted the cam designer how much more of an expert do I need? Fucking idiot!

Im tired of backing up my claims, obviously you arent going to take advice from me. Maybe you need to do a little more “research” before you start shooting claims out. THE END. I am done with this thread.
You have backed up nothing and in fact provided material that supported what I have said from the begining. Good job jackass!

Last edited by BigBake; 02-02-2006 at 04:51 PM.
Old 02-03-2006, 09:34 AM
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous

Big Bake for the win

Quick Reply: Almost 400whp :)