Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Almost 400whp :)

Old 01-31-2006, 03:37 PM
Slow as Shit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow
Default Re: Almost 400whp :)

Originally Posted by jackass
Thunder Racing Custom Camshaft - T-ReX v.2 - 242/248 - .608/.612 - 110 lsa 3500-6700 RPM Power Band. Violent mid-range & high RPM power. Requires computer tuning, 4000+ converter on autos, 4.10's or greater on manual trans cars. Due to the fast ramp rate of this camshaft, the use of 1.8 rockers is not recommended. Due to the extreme nature of this camshaft, piston to valve clearance must be verified when using modified cylinder heads.
I do believe it states that you need to verify the PTV WHEN using aftermarket heads. In english that means not everyones uses them. There is nothing that staes in that quote they recommend using aftermarket heads. I swear you can't comprehend shit. Because other people like you might not have stock heads. Yeah its recommended, but that doesnt mean everyone follows the guidelines.

Look at you.
Old 01-31-2006, 05:24 PM
OG Alumni

BigBake is a name known to allBigBake is a name known to allBigBake is a name known to allBigBake is a name known to allBigBake is a name known to allBigBake is a name known to all

Originally Posted by tooquick4most
Hey cunt, Good way to not answer any of the questions that I brought up to you.
Lets try this again but real slow so you can get it through that cast iron mutant skull of yours.
They have nothing to do with the discussion, my tune was done with HPtuners, EFI live, and a wideband, during idle, while driving in all conditions, and WOT. It was tuned properly and runs the proper timing. End of discussion.

Question #3: the main bolts have nothing to do with the crank and rods?
They had nothing to do with the discussion of rod bolt stretch, and that is the last time I am saying it.

If main bolts have nothing to do with the argument then you really don’t know engines as good as you think you do.
I know enough to build engines not talk about how I saw one built. I do not post what I have read as my own personal experience like your dumbass does. I have posted my own experience as in what I have learned by doing it myself.

YOUR CAR IS TOTALLY DIFFERENT THAN FAT NICKS YOU IMBESAL.
YES IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAVE SOME TUNING ISSUES.
MY FRIENDS CAR WAS DRIVEN TO AND FROM WORK. BELIEVE IT YOU ONE TOOTH BASTARD FROM WEST VIRGINIA.
No shit you fucking moron, good guess on your part what tipped you off? It has no tuning issues runs the correct timing for the load as verified by wideband in all conditions. Spectacular I am happy for this person who you call a friend, he drives a 6 speed with stock gears.... that is why, he also is not running it to its full potential and also does not mind the large cam. It is IMBECILE.... you fucking moron, if you are going to call someone a name at least know how to spell it.... fucking moron!

(These are the new questions you illiterate pile of garbage.)
Question #5: What sort of stall do you have for the TH-350?
This will also cause it to not idle right. Knowing you, you probably have some kind of factory stall.
Dumbass……..
It idles fine you fucking dumbass, never said otherwise. Now you are making up even more shit. It is TH400, and it is a 4000 stall from Yank as per their recommendations along with Thunder Racing, you stupid fuck........ Now shut the fuck up.

I know about heads and cam setups, even thunder racing talks about how aftermarket heads will help this cam out tremendously.
You have no clue

Even on the freakin website it talks about measuring P to V clearance using other cylinder heads.
Because the majority of aftermarket heads are milled which will cause P to v issues. That does not help your argument and in fact solidifies mine even more..........

Question #6: If it is optimal with stock heads why would they be telling you about other cylinder heads on this cam you dumb cunt?

Thunder Racing Custom Camshaft - T-ReX v.2 - 242/248 - .608/.612 - 110 lsa 3500-6700 RPM Power Band. Violent mid-range & high RPM power. Requires computer tuning, 4000+ converter on autos, 4.10's or greater on manual trans cars. Due to the fast ramp rate of this camshaft, the use of 1.8 rockers is not recommended. Due to the extreme nature of this camshaft, piston to valve clearance must be verified when using modified cylinder heads.
Great reading skills you have there you idiot, it says when it does not recommend them, it just a caution informing you that P to V clearance will be an issue since the cam was designed with stock heads and pistons.

That’s right off there website.
Good for you, but you still cannot comprehend you idiot.

O yea while you are at it check this link out as well…..

http://www.thunderracing.com/custome...cid=36&x=8&y=8

If you notice his list of mods there is no mention of rod bolts. Even thou I agreed that he will need them, it still is not needed right away.
Notice it says STOCK HEADS must be a fucking conspiracy against you, also notice it just says STOCK rods, pistons, and crankshaft, but it does not include or exclude bolts used, so i went and found this guy and here is his own words about his engine

“WOW, all i can say. i must have missed this other thread yall talkin about but this is getting blown way out of proportion, i think it should be more off a accepted rule like moving internal parts that change hp IMO, if you use stock replacement bearings and arp rod bolts you have not done jack crap to increase performance. if yall wanna get that technical than i still have the cam only record cause i have a stock oil pump and timing chain, i gauruntee the others don’t”

Guess your idiot ass did not see that coming, it helps to know who you are talking about. He has the stock rods, pistons, and crankshaft still… but that is it when it comes to the rotating assembly. Guess you confused your super sleuthing with your super sucking abilities....

Also while we are at it. Read this thread. I disagree with some of the comments in this thread but I also agree with some of the comments.

Try this.....
http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showth...ighlight=T-rex

I am really tired of owning you tonight…… Carry on wall humper.
Bitch please, you could not own anyone with that fallopian tube neck supporting that empty ass basketball sized head of yours.

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=324469
http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=330577
http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showpo...7&postcount=12
http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showpo...2&postcount=10
http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showpo...31&postcount=5
http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showpo...9&postcount=24
http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showpo...09&postcount=2
http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showpo...52&postcount=8

I could post on and on more threads about stock heads, and rod bolt recommendations. E-mail Thunder Racing if you do not want to ever believe that this cam was designed around stock heads. It is not an optimal cam for aftermarket heads, it will work better with aftermarket heads, but it is not optimal.

Last edited by BigBake; 01-31-2006 at 05:28 PM.
Old 01-31-2006, 05:42 PM
Pimpin is Easy

TheGoaT TheGoaT TheGoaT TheGoaT TheGoaT TheGoaT TheGoaT

intelligence sold seperately.

Old 01-31-2006, 05:44 PM
OG Alumni

BigBake is a name known to allBigBake is a name known to allBigBake is a name known to allBigBake is a name known to allBigBake is a name known to allBigBake is a name known to all

Originally Posted by TheGoaT
intelligence sold seperately.

Ha ha ha ha ha... fucking priceless!
Old 01-31-2006, 06:31 PM
Bowtie Bound?? ;)

Nigerian Hair is a jewel in the roughNigerian Hair is a jewel in the roughNigerian Hair is a jewel in the rough

LOL...this shit is getting waaay out of hand.

edit : im mad that motherfucker has Air forces on too.
Old 01-31-2006, 07:26 PM
braap braap

Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod

Originally Posted by BoostLag
LOL...this shit is getting waaay out of hand.

edit : im mad that motherfucker has Air forces on too.
Everyone rocks Air Forces, just like Cobra wheels and SI wheels..

Keep it coming. This is great.
Old 01-31-2006, 10:42 PM
hater

slowassta slowassta slowassta slowassta slowassta slowassta

toogay4most has once again been owned for the 11billionth time...

i cant count how many times since the sig, has this toolbag been owned (keep in mind that the sig is atleast 2 1/2 years old)
Old 02-01-2006, 12:33 AM
Team Ultra Slow

1998Silverbird is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by slowassta
toogay4most has once again been owned for the 11billionth time...

i cant count how many times since the sig, has this toolbag been owned (keep in mind that the sig is atleast 2 1/2 years old)

He is a tool...
Old 02-01-2006, 06:27 AM
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous

Anybody heard from Fat Nick lately?
Old 02-01-2006, 07:02 AM
FUCKIN MAGNETS

shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22

He was eaten by a whale. The whale choked on him because he was too large to get past his throat.

Quick Reply: Almost 400whp :)